Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:27 PM

513 posts, read 581,277 times

Advertisements

The more I think about it, the more I believe this would be good policy. It seems to me the unmarried women don't have the capacity to vote responsibly. Given the choice, unmarried women will inevitably vote for the politicians who give them free money and abortions over what's good for the country. One could argue that women should never have been allowed to vote, and that this country would be in much better shape had women never been conferred with voting rights. That's certainly a valid point, but I do believe most married women vote with their brains and not with their hearts or their genitals, e.g. Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann. It's unmarried women who vote irresponsibly because they've been turned into a recipient class by the left. The government has taken the place of the husband and father, and now takes from productive people and pays unmarried not to work and to breed, such to the point that unmarried women are proliferating at three times the rate of married women. Ergo, not only have more people joined the recipient class, but those individuals who comprise the membership of the recipient class are procreating at three times the rate as those in the productive class. The recipient class breed like locusts because they're paid by the government to breed, while the productive class eventually dies off. Once the productive class dies off, who's going to subsidize the recipient class? Don't you see that this whole situation is unsustainable and probably would have been avoided if voting were restricted to men who owned land as the Framers originally intended? Discuss.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
The government has taken the place of the husband and father, and now takes from productive people and pays unmarried not to work and to breed
this part seems true, at least in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
The really funny thing is that many people will still believe he is legit, despite what he posts and despite being named after a Simpson's character.
i think it is interesting to read absurd political ideas.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/...-ran-for-mayor

Old 06-13-2011, 06:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
The OP's idea does not go far enough. We should restrict the vote to property owning businesmen. They are the people that have shown they can be responsible for themselves.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Sounds like a great idea. Why let women out of the house at all though? Just let their fathers/husbands for them, and let their votes count as if they were 3/5ths of a person.

/sarcasm

I love people who are so god awfully terrified of those of the opposite sex they need to constantly work towards making them second class citizens heeled under control. You know that they are constantly hiding away wishing some woman besides their mother would even give them the time of day, even though those people blame women for all their problems in life.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM

41,970 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle!

Old 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
No but sufferage should be limited to land owners.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No but sufferage should be limited to land owners.
Would we then have developers selling "suffrage lots" in the same way that some HOA's sell "membership lots" that are unbuildable but still afford the benefits of membership?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Gee, I wonder why the GOP has trouble attracting as many female voters as the Democrats?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM

577 posts, read 900,666 times
My sister takes it a step further. She thinks women should be banned from the workplace altogether, that it would be a great boost to the economy since so many jobs would open up for men and women could do a better job staying home with their kids. Scary thing is society might be better in some ways if this happened.

IIRC one of the main arguments against giving women the right to vote was that they'd always vote for the better-looking candidate.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
My sister takes it a step further. She thinks women should be banned from the workplace altogether, that it would be a great boost to the economy since so many jobs would open up for men and women could do a better job staying home with their kids. Scary thing is society might be better in some ways if this happened.

IIRC one of the main arguments against giving women the right to vote was that they'd always vote for the better-looking candidate.
This would be fine if men still had honor and integrity like they use to as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies