Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 06:02 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
But I said gays deserve equal rights. So why compare me to a KKK member?

I dont know why its necessary to accept the gay lifestyle. I thought everything was about equal rights and respect for one another?
White nationalist movements state that Blacks should have equal rights, but are dumber and wrong.

It's pretty much the same thing that you are proposing. Gays should have equal rights, but I think that they are inherently wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,400 times
Many who support homosexuality start out by saying they only ask for tolerance, but soon it becomes apparent that they want total and complete acceptance.

I will never think homosexuality is normal (it is clearly not), but I know a number of homosexuals whom I care about and would never want to see them hurt or unhappy. That doesn't change the reality that homosexuality is not the norm in nature -- heterosexuality is. Having said that, there are homosexuals I would much prefer to have as neighbors than some heteros, and this goes for just about everything from choosing a doctor to having a revered teacher and so on.

I long ago stopped caring what emotional leftwingers think about what I think.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,917,879 times
it's ok to feel that way...

but... it's also ok for those who disagree with you to think you're uneducated and bigotted

Old 06-13-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
White nationalist movements state that Blacks should have equal rights, but are dumber and wrong.

It's pretty much the same thing that you are proposing. Gays should have equal rights, but I think that they are inherently wrong.
Do you realize that your first sentence doesn't even make sense grammatically? And the conclusion you draw in your last paragraph is equally off base.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Many who support homosexuality start out by saying they only ask for tolerance, but soon it becomes apparent that they want total and complete acceptance.

I will never think homosexuality is normal (it is clearly not), but I know a number of homosexuals whom I care about and would never want to see them hurt or unhappy. That doesn't change the reality that homosexuality is not the norm in nature -- heterosexuality is. Having said that, there are homosexuals I would much prefer to have as neighbors than some heteros, and this goes for just about everything from choosing a doctor to having a revered teacher and so on.

I long ago stopped caring what emotional leftwingers think about what I think.
I bet they think you're quite pleasant to be around. I really hope that your son or daughter is not homosexual.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Do you realize that your first sentence doesn't even make sense grammatically? And the conclusion you draw in your last paragraph is equally off base.
And I care cause? Stay on ****ing topic.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:07 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,247,751 times
Quote:

See that's not the same thing. I think their lifestyle is wrong, I dont think they are wrong. I could have a gay friend.

Maybe i'm naive but I think there's more to gay people than them being gay.

So I could be friends with a gay person but dont just assume i'm ok with your lifestyle. Thats the part where we disagree.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
I bet they think you're quite pleasant to be around. I really hope that your son or daughter is not homosexual.
Thank you. I think that they do think I'm quite pleasant to be around.

As for my sons, if they were homosexual, I would love them and cherish them but as a parent who cares about them and their wellbeing, I would be sad that they were afflicted with an abnormality that will affect their quality of life in so many ways.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I think that they do think I'm quite pleasant to be around.

As for my sons, if they were homosexual, I would love them and cherish them but as a parent who cares about them and their wellbeing, I would be sad that they were afflicted with an abnormality that will affect their quality of life in so many ways.
No you wouldn't. You would intensely despise them. I mean you would think that they were abnormal. Is that really loving and cherishing them?

As a parent isn't it your responsibility to actually know what homosexuality is in order to best care for your children? It seems as if you would fail in that situation.

If your homosexual friends read your comments, they would be offended. They might smile to you, sure. I'd smile and treat you nicely...only to talk trash once I left your presence.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
Nature didnt design a mans penis to enter another mans rectum.
Nature didn't "design" it to go into a woman's mouth either, but I bet that hasn't stopped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies