Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes! So many lefties here complaining about the court decision! ...LOL

[Don't project your low mentality level on us. I read the actual decision. I read the arguments from the Judges on both sides of the decision.......that's light years of what anybody in this thread has done.]

And all you can muster in all of these left/right court cases....is........ Yea! we won! or Boo! We lost! Liberal Judges! Whaaa!

You couldn't research nor comprehend the legal merits of a case if somebody paid you....lol

I want the law upheld. Period. If that is done and I still lose then I want the law changed. I don't go crying about "liberal judges" and "activist judges" every time the outcome doesn't go my way.
That's due to the fact that activist judges are mostly leftists and their decisions mostly go your way.

Get the pot smoking hippies out of the equation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 05:28 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post

No, the people of Wisconsin won!!

Old 06-15-2011, 06:18 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Scott Walker made a Neanderthal decision and the WI Supreme Court exposed themselves as short-sighted, incompetent imbeciles. I see a rough future ahead for the GOP in WI...and the nation, as a result of these backwards decisions from these WI GOP hicks.

Pretend this decision means the GOP still doesn't suck, Pubs.
I would agree with you that the GOP sucks, but since the Democrats are worse, I don't think the GOP will have a problem in the future.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Yup, we knew Sumi's ruling was going to be overturned.

Quote:
A Dane County judge overstepped her authority when she voided Gov. Scott Walker's measure limiting public sector collective bargaining, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday in a fractious 4-3 decision.

In a nine-page decision — followed by about 60 pages of concurring and dissenting opinions — the court's conservative majority said Dane County Circuit Judge Maryann Sumi "usurped the legislative power which the Wisconsin constitution grants exclusively to the Legislature" when she voided the law.

Divided Supreme Court clears way for collective bargaining law to take effect

Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I believe the people of Wisc will straighten out the mess of 2010 and the lessons learned in Wisc, will be echoed across the Country in 2012.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I believe the people of Wisc will straighten out the mess of 2010 and the lessons learned in Wisc, will be echoed across the Country in 2012.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:49 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, we knew Sumi's ruling was going to be overturned.
it is one thing to disagree with legislators, who are "activist" by their nature..

but activist judges are the worst of all, left or right. they are supposed to be interpret the law, not set it.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I suspect this is not the end of the controversy.

Yes, it was a win for Gov. Walker.

The question is: Will this be a Pyrrhic Victory for Walker and the GOP?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Wasn’t this just a procedural type loss for the other side ? Can't the law can still be challenged?
[

Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes! So many lefties here complaining about the court decision! ...LOL

[Don't project your low mentality level on us. I read the actual decision. I read the arguments from the Judges on both sides of the decision.......that's light years of what anybody in this thread has done.]

And all you can muster in all of these left/right court cases....is........ Yea! we won! or Boo! We lost! Liberal Judges! Whaaa!

You couldn't research nor comprehend the legal merits of a case if somebody paid you....lol

I want the law upheld. Period. If that is done and I still lose then I want the law changed. I don't go crying about "liberal judges" and "activist judges" every time the outcome doesn't go my way.

YouTube - ‪That's the fact Jack!‬‏
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies