Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Fleeing an interview is not taken lightly.

YouTube - ‪Fargo‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Why do I get the feeling that we aren't getting the whole story? Perhaps this man has been constantly harassed by young people who think it's cute or funny. Maybe he has endured vandalism in the name of "just a prank". Maybe he has even been threatened (or felt threatened) by having the doorbell ring at all hours of the night. Maybe the "poor widdle 12 year old" is 6'4" and weighs 225 (some do, you know).

Who knows, maybe someone had threatened him and he felt fearful. Maybe he didn't SEE who was ringing his doorbell. It could have been someone else. It was at night.

He sure had a lousy defense lawyer, that's all I can say.

If someone rings my doorbell late at night, I don't answer it. And if they persisted, I cannot say for certain that I would not view that as a threat and come out shooting myself.

We cannot judge this persons actions because we were not there. One thing for certain. The idiot that thought this was funny *won't* be playing "ding dong ditch" anytime soon. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Backpedal is cool.
Whose backpeddling? Slander much?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:05 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Bull feathers. That you even compare the two is disgusting. This man was on his own property and these young men in the car were trespassers and vandals.

I don't condone that this man shot while the car was retreating but it is absolutely a false comparision to compare him to the assasin Loughner.
Where do you get the part about a car? Trespasser yes.
Vandals no!

vandal: One who willfully or maliciously defaces or destroys public or private property.

Just because his parents might be Democrats;why are you trying to make the kid out to be a bad person.

Seems like some kids were just having fun and you want to villify them.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:35 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I do not feel there was justification for shooting the kid. For ringing a door-bell come on now. His life was not being threatened, so why the gun for self protection.

I have a huge home my entry is over 50 ft long, by the time someone rings my doorbell, i sometimes get to the door and the people are walking away, look thru my peephole which is one where i can visually see people walk away, what they look like and my neigbors homes, it is cool. I don't come out shooting. And there is 911 if you feel you need to get the police involved, taking the law into your own hands, usually does not end up good.
Ok playing the game to many may not seem the right thing to do, but was there justification in shooting this child. Think he learned his lesson well.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Where do you get the part about a car? Trespasser yes.
Vandals no!

vandal: One who willfully or maliciously defaces or destroys public or private property.

Just because his parents might be Democrats;why are you trying to make the kid out to be a bad person.

Seems like some kids were just having fun and you want to villify them.
Hyperbolic exaggerations are the staple of the indefensive.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Whose backpeddling? Slander much?
So, boo me!

Boo me?

Boo you!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:05 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
... I wonder if this guy was ex-military.
Go knock on his door and ask him.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:11 PM

1,081 posts, read 915,786 times
They need to lock up the parents. The kid's uncle, too. He is obviously stupid.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:51 PM

167 posts, read 239,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do not feel there was justification for shooting the kid. For ringing a door-bell come on now. His life was not being threatened, so why the gun for self protection.

I have a huge home my entry is over 50 ft long, by the time someone rings my doorbell, i sometimes get to the door and the people are walking away, look thru my peephole which is one where i can visually see people walk away, what they look like and my neigbors homes, it is cool. I don't come out shooting. And there is 911 if you feel you need to get the police involved, taking the law into your own hands, usually does not end up good.
Ok playing the game to many may not seem the right thing to do, but was there justification in shooting this child. Think he learned his lesson well.
What if the child Died?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies