Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Cancer rate. This map is of White males, so they can't blame minorities on this one.
Now what cancer rates and white males have to do with food stamps is beyond a mere mortal like myself....

Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
facts are insults?
No. But comments like Poorly educamacated, short lifespan, food stamps, and fat, in other words, talk radio fans are. Plus, its stupid. One could take most of those comments and use them against black folk. Bet you would be hollerin' then, lol!

Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
No. But comments like Poorly educamacated, short lifespan, food stamps, and fat, in other words, talk radio fans are. Plus, its stupid. One could take most of those comments and use them against black folk. Bet you would be hollerin' then, lol!
I didn't mention race, I mentioned political affiliation. You are not the first conservative that has tried to make this thread about race. Why are conservatives always trying to race bait?

If you feel the need to poke fun at Black people no one is stopping you. It hasn't stopped other conservatives. Freedom of speech.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:44 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Why are conservatives always trying to race bait?
Why are progressive elitists always twisting facts and trying to control other peoples lives?

Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
I didn't mention race, I mentioned political affiliation. You are not the first conservative that has tried to make this thread about race. Why are conservatives always trying to race bait?
Why are you "rural baiting"? Seems like you have your own bigotry to deal with. Bet you don't even see it.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Why are you "rural baiting"? Seems like you have your own bigotry to deal with. Bet you don't even see it.
When did I mention rural areas? I mentioned political affiliation. Nice try, but you fail, again, and again.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
When did I mention rural areas? I mentioned political affiliation. Nice try, but you fail, again, and again.
Most of the "red" areas are in rural areas. It really is simple. Your side calls it, "flyover".

Quote:
"It's the secular coasts versus the religious heartland," CNN's Tucker Carlson says of this year's election results. That sums up the conventional wisdom that right-wing Republicans would prefer that you believe and that too many of the rest of us do believe. The effete liberal coasts against the Real America. Situational morality against real morality. Relativism against Standards. Metrosexuals against the God-fearing.

Wrong. The real electoral division isn't between the coasts and the heartland. It's between cities all over the United States and the rest of the country.

In every state in the Union, red states included, Sen. John F. Kerry performed disproportionately well in urban areas. Kerry actually carried, sometimes convincingly, cities in some of the deepest-red red states that are about as far from coastal secularism as you can imagine.
http://reclaimdemocracy.org/articles...tate_myth.html

Why do you hate country folk?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Most of the "red" areas are in rural areas. It really is simple. Your side calls it, "flyover".

The Red State, Blue State Myth

Why do you hate country folk?
I never brought up rural areas. You on the other hand have brought up race. Why do you hate minorities so much?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
I never brought up rural areas. You on the other hand have brought up race. Why do you hate minorities so much?
Most of the read areas are in rural areas. Look at the goddamn map you put up. Did you even bother to look at it?

Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
It would be very interesting to see where the most government money is spent. I would venture a guess it mirrors what the OP is trying to show as dumb, poor red counties. ( Which I can tell you doesn't hold true in NJ. The Republican counties are the wealthiest and best educated, with the best school systems.) So I would submit it is government intervention that keeps people dependent and leads to poor, dumb people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.