Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:50 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times

Advertisements

Mrs. Obama’s South Africa Trip Cost Taxpayers Over $500,000 | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

by Keith Koffler on June 27, 2011, 1:01 pm
Quote:
Based on the plane’s tail number and a description of it in a press pool report, it’s clear Mrs. Obama flew over and back on a C-32, a specially configured military version of the Boeing 757 that also ferries the vice president on occasion and is sometimes known as “Air Force Two.”

According to publicly available Defense Department figures, DOD charges other federal agencies $12,723 an hour to cover expenses for the use of a C-32. Based on the distance traveled and the flight speed of the plane, this adds up to about $430,000 for use of the aircraft alone.
How can this be? By what purpose is the President's wife taking a family vacation trip, with cousins in tow, half way around the world at my expense? And she did NOT even send me a post card.

! ! ! I am incensed ! ! !

I suspect Mrs. Obama would be in favor on an increase in Mr. O's revenue stream. Un-hunh... for more vaca's.... ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 04:54 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,768 times
Come on now. We have the spare cash to pay for that trip. After all, look at all the good and purpose that came out of the trip......

Just think how much Obama is going to be spending of OUR dollars flying around doing fundraisers and campaigning. This little trip will be like a drop in the bucket.
IMO, the President should have to use campaign dollars on any trips that deal with fund raising and campaigning. It should not come out of the tax payers pockets.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,201 times
Just so I'm straight???...this guy has covered THREE different POTUS, but Obama is the only one he has started a blog on??..

Some of his thought provoking and relevant posts:

Michelle Obama Bombards Military with Pastries

Michelle Wore 16 Outfits in Four Days

Obama Golfs Twice This Weekend – 75th Time as President

Obama Out Golfing for 13th Weekend in a Row

Somebody please tell me where I can get paid to post a bunch of b.s. and try to make it seem as if this President is doing something illegal, immoral, or different than any other President.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Aren't we a little poorer as a nation right now?

But then that doesn't stop the USA from doing anything.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Is this the same Obama that lectures Americans on their spending habits?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:12 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
<snip>Somebody please tell me where I can get paid to post a bunch of b.s. and try to make it seem as if this President is doing something illegal, immoral, or different than any other President.
Try The Blaze, I'm pretty sure there's someone on this forum who could get you connected!

Old 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,956 times
Frankly, $500,000 to help promote good relations with South Africa (the regional powerhouse) and its neighbors (Michelle Obama also visited Botswana) does not sound like all that bad a cost.

I'll start the countdown to the race baiting comments referring to Michelle Obama as a cow or a Wookie, leaving just enough plausible deniability while still blowing that dog whistle loud and clear.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Just so I'm straight???...this guy has covered THREE different POTUS, but Obama is the only one he has started a blog on??..

Some of his thought provoking and relevant posts:

Michelle Obama Bombards Military with Pastries

Michelle Wore 16 Outfits in Four Days

Obama Golfs Twice This Weekend – 75th Time as President

Obama Out Golfing for 13th Weekend in a Row

Somebody please tell me where I can get paid to post a bunch of b.s. and try to make it seem as if this President is doing something illegal, immoral, or different than any other President.
How is this different that a Cindy McCain thread on how much her clothes cost, or any on Sarah Palin or her kids?
Or Bush is at his RANCH again.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,231 times
"First Lady Michelle Obama’s trip to South Africa and Botswana last week cost taxpayers well over half a million dollars, possibly in the range of $700,000 or $800,000, according to an analysis by White House Dossier."

LMAO...Just so you know, that's this random blogger guy. What is it with righties and their fascination with bloggers and believing whatever they post.

"White House Dossier is the only 24/7, independent, and totally unauthorized White House blog"..LOL..Independant and unauthorized...Totally worth trusting.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,497,048 times
Nobody complained when Bush and his first lady traveled around the world .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies