Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

A boot on my throat if I produce fruit from my labor.

There has got to be a better way beside basing it on income levels.

Consumption tax, after we eliminate the IRS and all the BS that comes with that corrupt agency.

It taxes everyone equally. No breaks for the poor and no breaks for the rich.

We are all equal under the eyes of GOD.

What we have to be very careful of is the promise of a VAT and then they never eliminate the IRS and income tax. Like what happened in Europe and their VAT and income tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The day you earn a single dime from your labor without the protections, and benefits that the nation provides, then and only then can you even begin to think of even uttering such nonsense.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
What's your income level that's making things so difficult. The United States has a rather lax tax code for the wealthiest people in the country. Please explain what you're whining about. I'm guessing that you're either poor or a lowly paid individual. If so, then moving away from income based taxes would mean that your taxes get raised.

Perhaps you can provide some actual background to what you're whining about. Somehow I doubt you're intelligent enough to realize this.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The day you earn a single dime from your labor without the protections, and benefits that the nation provides, then and only then can you even begin to think of even uttering such nonsense.
They didn't say no protections or benefits the nation provides, they said a one tax level for all system.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Ah, yes. The sweat of your brow, the wear and tear on your bootstraps ... you did it all yourself, didn't you?

Now, where's my tiny violin?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:

Consumption tax, after we eliminate the IRS and all the BS that comes with that corrupt agency.

What we have to be very careful of is the promise of a VAT and then they never eliminate the IRS and income tax. Like what happened in Europe and their VAT and income tax.
Poor, pitiful you...

You live in the richest country on the face of the Earth, with few of the cares that have haunted human beings throughout history, all because of a massive national infrastructure erected for your benefit.

And sniveling fool that you are, you compare yourself to a slave because you have to pay tax?

Well, boo hoo. Feel free to go away and leave this representative democracy, and all that entails, good and bad, to the rest of us.

What a soft, pathetic, ignorant buffon you are...

Old 06-28-2011, 12:07 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:

...hey dude...move to somalia...there's no income tax there...see how long you keep the fruits of your labor in that utopia...juvenile whinning

Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:

Then either quit working or go to a country that doesn't tax you.
Oh yes, they don't exist.
And your god thingie, there's no proof that any exist.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:53 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I didn't say no tax.

Wow, such class warfare.

The very thing an income tax creates and our government uses well as a tool.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:04 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then either quit working or go to a country that doesn't tax you.
Yep. Quit working. Go Galt. Expatriate. Starve the beast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies