Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times

Advertisements

No one I knowis callig for middle class taxes to be raise/ The Op seem to for egt 49% now apy no taxes already. The onl cuts eefecting midle class are the Obama healthcare 500 billio in medicare and the future taxes to raise stae protion coming in 2017 when they take over hge increases in medicaid cost on stae side.The only other time was when Demcrats want to let the Bush tax cuts expire which also would have raised middle income tax back a average of 600 dollars.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:47 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,406,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
The rich are like a giant blood sucking leach on the face of America...With overwhelming support from their bought and paid for Republican party, and just enough support from enough democrats, we are literally seeing the beginning of the transfer of almost every last penny of wealth and prosperity in this country put into the hands of less than 10% of the country...!
I don't know about you, but whenever I spend a dollar, it is because I am receiving more than a dollar's worth of usefulness out of the purchase. In fact, I choose from among competing products and services to obtain the maximum value out of the exchange.

In the normal course of events, those who are most useful to me obtain the greatest fraction of my purchases.

Multiply this by 300 million people, and you will discover how "the rich" got that way.

But those who provide little or nothing to the rest of society, or have some defect in aptitude or attitude, seem to hate how this works, or even deny the fundamental mechanism.

I am excluding, of course, those companies that succeed in obtaining special favors or treatment from government. This would include many "green energy" scams nowadays, importers of rum and NASCAR track owners who have special tax provisions written for their benefit, etc. This crap ought to be flushed.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The rich already pay more than their fair share. Almost half of Americans pay no income tax. It's the non-tax payers who are unpatriotic. In fact many of the same people who pay no income tax want to keep raising taxes on everyone else. Easy for them to say, they have no skin in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
At least they pay income tax. That's better than 40% of Americans.

I would suggest that Walmart has done quite a bit for the poor American by giving them a job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
They give more than 49% of Americans (yes, 49% of Americans don't pay income taxes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
No, retirees work during their entire life, they deserve to have this right.
But people between 18-64 yo should have this right only if they pay taxes.Because in voting they can decide more taxes, no problemo for them because they don't pay them.We can call these people "thiefs"
Only taxpayers should decide where go their money
You guys need to watch what you're saying. One of your own has acknowledged he doesn't pay income tax:

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm his sectretary paid ZERO intaxes

I make 60k and pay zero in federal taxes to include the payroll tax

and btw 60k is NOT in the 30% bracket

Old 07-13-2011, 04:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times

‪Shocking Fact About Rich Americans‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I don't know about you, but whenever I spend a dollar, it is because I am receiving more than a dollar's worth of usefulness out of the purchase. In fact, I choose from among competing products and services to obtain the maximum value out of the exchange.

In the normal course of events, those who are most useful to me obtain the greatest fraction of my purchases.

Multiply this by 300 million people, and you will discover how "the rich" got that way.

But those who provide little or nothing to the rest of society, or have some defect in aptitude or attitude, seem to hate how this works, or even deny the fundamental mechanism.

I am excluding, of course, those companies that succeed in obtaining special favors or treatment from government. This would include many "green energy" scams nowadays, importers of rum and NASCAR track owners who have special tax provisions written for their benefit, etc. This crap ought to be flushed.
What you say is what is spewed by the right-wing media machine...talk-radio, Faux News...But that is nowhere close to reality. There's a reason the rich are getting so much richer while the majority of the rest of society is doing so much worse.

1. Business owners constantly find ways to cut costs. The bigger and richer they are usually the more heartless they are. They offshore, cry that they can't find 'qualified' Americans so they can import cheap labor, when they know the job seekers are hurting/more desparate they cut wages & benefits, etc. This crap from the idiot right that every cent a wealthy business owner gets in his pocket goes right back into his business and helps everyone under him on the ladder (trickle-on economics) is b.s.

2. How does a corporation that is paying their CEO 100 million a year, and another 200 million a year to all of its top executives need a 100 million subsidy from the gov't?

3. It's unrefutable that the lower you are on the socio-economic ladder the more likely you are to HAVE to spend every dime you get. The talk-radio/Faux News/Republicans have an obvious agenda to continue ignoring this fact and spewing non-sense that giving rich people more money is the fastest and best way to get that money pumping back into the economy. What blows my mind away is how many people are so freaking stupid to keep believing what these clowns say.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:18 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
So the payroll taxes paid by 100% of the working population aren't skin in the game? Very, very few people don't pay payroll taxes.

Why do you ignore payroll taxes when they account for a higher percentage of government income than income tax?
I believe the employer pays part of the payroll taxes for the employee. the rich are getting soaked!! think the government should start cutting spending and stop blaming the rich for their mismanagement of the taxes the rich pay!!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:33 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,982 times
what percentage of the 40 trillion is do to inflation and the devaluation of the dollar, anybody know? because in 1984 a brand new camaro was around 12,000$ NOW over 30,000$

Old 07-16-2011, 03:40 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
Besides talking rich rich Corporations. I am just talking about your normal wealthy person. Sorry charilie but the only people i know of what now that are giving of themselves freely, are those with money, i have many wealthy friends, and they give to many different charaties, and to help abused children, and the homeless. Etc, etc etc, i can go on. Those friends of mine, who are having a very hard time just earning a living, cannot give right now, not their fault, look at thie situation we are currently in. Some are having a hard time just paying rent or their mortgage.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:26 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,734,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Beggars cannot be choosers.

When 50% of Americans pay no income tax, they have little room to criticize the rest of the nation that actually pays their way.

Why not everyone pay 25% flat tax with no deductions? That way, even the "beggar class" has some skin in the game and will have some concerns over tax hikes vs fiscal responsibility? If not, everyone who pays nothing will just vote for more spending and no taxes (it is human nature, as it costs them nothing).
Provided it is true in the first place, why do so many people not pay income tax?
Since I assume not nearly 50% are poor, maybe the tax brackets are simply inadequate. I think everyone that is not poor should pay their income tax.

I wonder how the rich are getting so much richer, certainly not by working so much more than before. I assume many of them simply get rich on investments, interests, etc. - i.e. without working for the extra wealth. Should be prevented, maybe by imposing a drastic tax on income from sources other than work.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Provided it is true in the first place, why do so many people not pay income tax?
Since I assume not nearly 50% are poor, maybe the tax brackets are simply inadequate. I think everyone that is not poor should pay their income tax.

I wonder how the rich are getting so much richer, certainly not by working so much more than before. I assume many of them simply get rich on investments, interests, etc. - i.e. without working for the extra wealth. Should be prevented, maybe by imposing a drastic tax on income from sources other than work.
It's not quite that simple. You can't overtax capital or people won't invest.

But there's no doubt that the burden of taxation should be much, much more equal.

Someone who makes 20 million a year can easily get by on 10 million. If we didn't need the money, fine. Let 'em keep it all. But we do need the money. So we should share the burden of getting back on track much, much more fairly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies