Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,462,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Well, even though there has been a lot of gayety here tonight, it is time for me to get some sleep. Take care all of you and congrats to NY for righting a wrong.
Twas fun!

I'm going to bed too...see ya peeps.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:36 AM

306 posts, read 355,077 times
Default Same Sex Repping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Fabulous? Or like gay fabulous??? Because one is much more fabulous than the other ya know...

Dude! I want to Rep you so bad right now!

Big Gay Al!

LOL!

Old 06-25-2011, 12:43 AM

Default P o i n t l e s s

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
All these insults you hurled at me....are not as serious as being a FOOL.

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. - American King James Version
'
Honey, Don't you realize that throwing bible verses at people like us MEANS NOTHING?

It's a waste of time and energy on your part and it has NO effect on anyone other than yourself. It's pointless. Oh, but I guess it makes other "christians" think good of you. Maybe thats why you do it.

Whatever!

Just wanted to let you know that it's having no effect over here on the sane, rational side of the world.

Thanks for playing!

Try again?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:48 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
LOL.

I am truly proud of New York as well as I never expected to see our state be one vote away from legal gay marriage, but let's not get crazy! This is the exception, not the rule.
You are proud that NY politicians approve of your sexual orientation ? Thats not something to brag about. Its not as if the citizens that you live amongst approve it .

Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Honey, Don't you realize that throwing bible verses at people like us MEANS NOTHING?

It's a waste of time and energy on your part and it has NO effect on anyone other than yourself. It's pointless. Oh, but I guess it makes other "christians" think good of you. Maybe thats why you do it.

Whatever!

Just wanted to let you know that it's having no effect over here on the sane, rational side of the world.

Thanks for playing!

Try again?

Its not just Bible thumpers , its society that would vote you down . You have threatened and bribed politicians . Politicians who are the worst sexual deviants in our society today . You celebrate and make fun of Christians all you want , then put gay marriage on the ballet and see what people really think.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
fantastic news.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Its not just Bible thumpers , its society that would vote you down . You have threatened and bribed politicians . Politicians who are the worst sexual deviants in our society today . You celebrate and make fun of Christians all you want , then put gay marriage on the ballet and see what people really think.
1. Civil Rights should be protected. Taking someone's Civil Rights away should not be up for a vote.

2. The polls in NY show close to 60% of New Yorkers approve of same sex marriage, those opposed are in the mid to upper 30's. So even if this were to come up for a vote, same-sex marriage legalization would pass quite easily.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:26 AM

Default I Love Me Some NY!

Quote:
Would you like to provide the evidence that gays have "threatened" and "bribed" politicians? Oh, and those politicians would be Republicans, but you already knew that didn't you? So, you're saying that Republicans are easily bribed and threatened. Interesting. Hmmm.

I don't "celebrate" "christians" sweetheart. I just make fun of them. There is so much material to work with!

Ya know, sometimes I feel a little bit bad because it's so easy to make fun of you guys. There are so many contradictions in your bible that all of you people just pretend aren't there! It's like taking candy from a baby! And y'all just stand there impervious to logic like a deer in the headlights not believing that I will run over you!

LOL!

Honey, NO. No need to put Same Sex Marriage on the ballot just to find out what you people think. We already know what you people think and it's irrelevant.

But'cha know what? Why don't you run along and pray about it? That will make it all better, right?

Let's wait and see.

Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
You are proud that NY politicians approve of your sexual orientation ? Thats not something to brag about. Its not as if the citizens that you live amongst approve it .
New York gave homosexuality its "approval" decades ago when it removed its laws against oral and anal sex, and then created laws that prohibited discrimination based on sexual orientation. Tonight's vote had nothing to do with the approval of homosexuality, although I know right-wing social conservatives want to see it that way.

And according to polls, most Americans do say that homosexuality is acceptable.

Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

Old 06-25-2011, 02:30 AM

589 posts, read 376,466 times
It's good for freedom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.