Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, Cantor failed. He's acting as a leader for the GOP on this one and he "walked out." That's the mature, adult way to handle talks, isn't it?

But, I know what the deal is:

If Cantor walks out like a sniveling 2-year-old, it's Biden's fault.

If Biden were to stop the negotiations because the GOP is uncompromising, it would have Biden's fault.

It rained today when the weatherman called for sun, crap, it's Biden's fault.

Got it.
Well now...when a repub walk out....you get the above answer...when dems walk out you get the "they are doing it for the people" speech....

I don't remember you in threads about the WI dems...or did I Miss this post like this about the dems you wrote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 01:52 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,677,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well now...when a repub walk out....you get the above answer...when dems walk out you get the "they are doing it for the people" speech....

I don't remember you in threads about the WI dems...or did I Miss this post like this about the dems you wrote?

Sorry to disappoint you, I wasn't on the threads about Wisconsin.

And lest you think I'm a flaming liberal and only on the side of libs, you couldn't be more wrong about me. I've voted straight republican all my life until 2004 and 2008. Unlike the Republican pile-ons on this board, I can venture out of my comfort zone.

The only way Biden could have held Eric Cantor in the room was to give him his way. I think we can all agree that this is not the way to deal with a 2 year old. The Dems cut some things, the repubs refuse to give in take. What can you do?

Old 06-25-2011, 01:53 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,677,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Unlike you, I don't call people dummies because I may not agree with them. Name calling is a sign of immaturity.

Is that all you've got? Next you'll be picking apart my grammar, I suppose?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:02 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, I wasn't on the threads about Wisconsin.
That was my point....

Old 06-25-2011, 02:08 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,364,623 times
For one thing, Biden recognized the extraordinary qualifications of BHO long before Palin did:

Quote:
"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Some wacko admirers of Colin Powell might take exception, but what more could anyone want in a president???

Old 06-25-2011, 02:09 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,864,269 times
Quote:
Really, I read that while the Dems put forth some spending cuts, they wanted the GOP to reciprocate (compromise) with some tax increases. They won't do it. Period. Sounds like they won't budge on their side.
The dems drove this country off the cliff financially and now they have the gall to claim that reigning them in is failure to compromise. That's ballsy.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:10 PM

852 posts, read 1,358,673 times
This entire argument is ridiculous. Do any of you realize that if the roles were reversed, the Republicans would be pushing to raise the debit ceiling? They've done it in the past. This is all political gamesmanship.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:14 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,364,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
This entire argument is ridiculous. Do any of you realize that if the roles were reversed, the Republicans would be pushing to raise the debit ceiling? They've done it in the past. This is all political gamesmanship.
You mean like "senator" obama voting against raising the debt limit?

Old 06-25-2011, 02:45 PM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Is that all you've got? Next you'll be picking apart my grammar, I suppose?
Sorry, I won't lower myself to your level.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:53 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,803 times
I would not be embarrassed to be an American whenever I traveled abroad if Joe Biden had to succeed to the presidency for some reason the way I might if Palin had been elected and succeeded to the presidency. Biden has a sense of humor - when he saw the SNL clips making him seem like the biggest fool on the planet he couldn't stop laughing.

YouTube - ‪Biden Laughs at Biden's Debate Performance‬‏

I have a hard time picturing Palin doing the same over the Tina Fey impressions. Instead, she whined about it for several pages in her book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies