Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:42 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,579,035 times

Advertisements

I mean hey, if people want to live around others of the same race.......so what. Oh yeah, I forgot, Big Brother does not like this.

Seriously, I was forced out of my nice neighborhood elementary school, onto a fricken bus.......into a strange HOOD and culture where I knew no one.......I quickly started hating school:

Beloit Daily News - your source for news, entertainment, sports, opinion, events, community, shopping and more > Archives > News > Wisconsin News > Feds sue New Berlin for racism

MILWAUKEE (AP) — The U.S. government has filed a lawsuit alleging New Berlin city officials caved to pressure from their largely white community by deciding not to build low-income housing that could attract more black families.

The mayor and other city officials voted in May 2010 to allow the construction but reconsidered following an immediate backlash from the community, according to federal prosecutors. Their lawsuit was dated Wednesday and released Thursday.

Messages left with Mayor Jack Chiovatero and City Attorney Mark Blum were not immediately returned.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:46 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times
Heard of forced segregation in school with busing and all, but I think there has always been self segregation.
People are maybe kind of tribal.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:50 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,018 times
Forced anything is wrong. We are supposed to be a FREE country.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 PM

396 posts, read 906,101 times
Why am I not surprised to find people on city-data arguing for Segregation?

What next? Slavery?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Isn't ironic how some white people will cite crime and disorder as reasons to paint all black people as such and then start a campaign of lawlessness, intimidation, and racial hatred.

The mayor also received threatening phone calls at home, his car tires were slashed, his car windows were shot through, and a sign reading “(N-word) lover” was placed in his yard, the lawsuit said.

Sounds like they should be more afraid of their neighbors.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Why am I not surprised to find people on city-data arguing for Segregation?

What next? Slavery?
Who is arguing for segregation? Point me to where anyone made a single argument for segregation, or take that race card bull**** somewhere else.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Heard of forced segregation in school with busing and all, but I think there has always been self segregation.
People are maybe kind of tribal.
People are very tribal. They will always self segregate, but usually on a stronger basis such as culture.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Who is arguing for segregation? Point me to where anyone made a single argument for segregation, or take that race card bull**** somewhere else.
Why am I not surprised you can't read?

Quote:
Forced anything is wrong. We are supposed to be a FREE country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I mean hey, if people want to live around others of the same race.......so what. Oh yeah, I forgot, Big Brother does not like this.

Seriously, I was forced out of my nice neighborhood elementary school, onto a fricken bus.......into a strange HOOD and culture where I knew no one
But hey...separate is equal!

Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Why am I not surprised you can't read?
Why am I not surprised you make a smart comment without addressing what I said? Nobody in this thread has argued for segregation. See the title? It says "forced integration." So please refer me to where "people on city-data" were arguing for segregation, or stop making stupid comments that you can't back up. Because that's what you said, and it's complete fabrication.

Quote:
But hey...separate is equal!
If these guys want to live in their homogeneous racist town that's on them, it's not on you or the diversity police to change that.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Why am I not surprised you make a smart comment without addressing what I said? Nobody in this thread has argued for segregation. See the title? It says "forced integration." So please refer me to where "people on city-data" were arguing for segregation, or stop making stupid comments that you can't back up. Because that's what you said, and it's complete fabrication.

If these guys want to live in their homogeneous racist town that's on them, it's not on you or the diversity police to change that.
It's a Government service. There is equality before the law. It's quite simple. If you don't believe in equality of law you are supporting segregation.

"Forced integration" is because there is segregation. If you are against forced integration than, gasp, you support segregation. It's not exactly a hard concept to understand.

People have a right to live where they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies