Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:47 AM

629 posts, read 771,941 times

Advertisements

We invaded Iraq because they attacked our ally, Kuwait

Old 07-05-2011, 10:03 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
We invaded Iraq because they attacked our ally, Kuwait
No... That was Bush 1...

Old 07-05-2011, 11:26 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Same way they get it from the Golan Heights in Syria... See first post...
Um, no.

Israel is tapping the acquifer that is local.

For them to do the same thing to Iraq they would need to tap the acquifer IN IRAQ (hence the need for the invasion) and then send it to Israel by pipeline or just in case after case of little evian bottles?

So, I asked and you seem to think they are somehow magically draining acquifers in Iraq without pipes?

Here is a map of the major Saudi acquifer....so the nearest Iraqi acquifer would be hundreds of miles past that.
http://itia.ntua.gr/hsj/41/hysj_41_05_0683.pdf

Basically, what you claim is physically impossible which tells me your whole post might be predicated on a misunderstanding. So HOW is Israel getting the water physically from Iraq?

Try again.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM

915 posts, read 1,190,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um, no.

For them to do the same thing to Iraq they would need to tap the acquifer IN IRAQ (hence the need for the invasion) and then send it to Israel by pipeline or just in case after case of little evian bottles?

So, I asked and you seem to think they are somehow magically draining acquifers in Iraq without pipes?

Here is a map of the major Saudi acquifer....so the nearest Iraqi acquifer would be hundreds of miles past that.

Basically, what you claim is physically impossible which tells me your whole post might be predicated on a misunderstanding. So HOW is Israel getting the water physically from Iraq?

Try again.

This might be possible using an assembly line of robots. But I don't know how those wily Israelis managed to keep the sand from damaging the delicate moving parts.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Um, no.

Try again.
Iraq , with the region’s most abundant water resources, was out of the question as an Israeli source of water prior to the Iraq war. Israel for reasons that include and extend beyond water, hopes that the U.S. will be successful in pacifying Iraq.

Control of Iraq’s rivers could alter the destiny of the Middle East for decades. While the Bush administration fears that Americans will not support fighting a war to control Iraq’s water, Americans deserve to know the truth. The truth is that in addition to oil, water is a real reason for the invasion of Iraq.

Our soldiers, their parents, and all citizens have a right to know when the price that is required is in blood and in billions of dollars. Don’t be fooled by the occasional messages that our troops will leaving in a few years. The Pentagon is planning on occupying Iraq for decades. The Pentagon’s long-range strategic plan is likely to require an American occupation far beyond Donald Rumsfeld’s optimistic 2017 forecast.

Why 2017 Is Optimistic by David Dionisi, July 2005

Old 07-05-2011, 12:00 PM

629 posts, read 771,941 times
Quote:
No... That was Bush 1...
Yes!

There were no conditions about who or when. The question was why did the US invade Iraq. We invaded Iraq because they attacked our ally Kuwiat.

Historical fact beyond debate

Old 07-05-2011, 12:26 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
OP, thats a new one. But don't you worry, Obama will put a stop to whatever dastardly plot the Israelis are hatching.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Yes!

There were no conditions about who or when. The question was why did the US invade Iraq. We invaded Iraq because they attacked our ally Kuwiat.

Historical fact beyond debate
No... That was the first Gulf War in Kuwait 1991... Not the War in Iraq 2003...

Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Iraq , with the region’s most abundant water resources, was out of the question as an Israeli source of water prior to the Iraq war. Israel for reasons that include and extend beyond water, hopes that the U.S. will be successful in pacifying Iraq.

Control of Iraq’s rivers could alter the destiny of the Middle East for decades. While the Bush administration fears that Americans will not support fighting a war to control Iraq’s water, Americans deserve to know the truth. The truth is that in addition to oil, water is a real reason for the invasion of Iraq.

Our soldiers, their parents, and all citizens have a right to know when the price that is required is in blood and in billions of dollars. Don’t be fooled by the occasional messages that our troops will leaving in a few years. The Pentagon is planning on occupying Iraq for decades. The Pentagon’s long-range strategic plan is likely to require an American occupation far beyond Donald Rumsfeld’s optimistic 2017 forecast.

Why 2017 Is Optimistic by David Dionisi, July 2005
You claimed they were getting water from Iraq the same way they got it from Golan heights....which is tapping the acquifer.

I ask yet again how they are getting the water to Israel. Your handwaving is not helping your story.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
You claimed they were getting water from Iraq the same way they got it from Golan heights....which is tapping the acquifer.

I ask yet again how they are getting the water to Israel. Your handwaving is not helping your story.
It's not my story... It's Rumsfeld's...

Nov 6, 2003,

The only option to guarantee Israel a water supply was to change the regime in Iraq and distribute Iraq's abundant water to surrounding areas; and I'm sure in the not-too-distant future, we will see this start to come about.

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/snieg_conc_lte.htm

Last edited by HC475; 07-05-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies