Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,048,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Syria lost the Golan Heights when they were defeated in war. It is not an illegal occupation.

Apparently the OP completely ignores the fact that Israel uses desalinization plants to supplement its water needs. Or does the OP support genocide by shutting off all water to Israel?

Cabinet approves 2 desalination plants... JPost - Israel

Ashkelon Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO) Plant, Israel - Water Technology

Hadera Desalination Plant - Water Technology

Israel: Waterworks for the World?

I think the links provided are more than enough to pronounce this as a FAILED THREAD!
A pilot desalination scheme at Newhaven harbour, East Sussex, investigated the potential for a full-scale plant capable of producing 9.5 million litres (two million gallons) of drinking water a day. It was watched closely by water companies across the South of England, which have experienced supply shortages in recent summers.

The trial found that producing drinking water through desalination is up to ten times more expensive than from traditional sources. The cost of producing desalinated water during shortages, or at time of peak demand, would cost £450 per million litres, compared with £35 from ground water supplies and £50 from rivers.

Turning the sea into drinking water ruled out as too expensive - Times Online

Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
De-salinized water cannot be used for agriculture or drinking water... It can only be used for industrial purposes...
LOL, WTF is this dimwit talking about?

Desalination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" Water is desalinated in order to convert salt water to fresh water so it is suitable for human consumption or irrigation."

I've reached my limit, should have put the troll on ignore long ago, ker....plunk!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
The Epitome of Trolling.

You've responded to 5 posts directly asking you a question, and the same response is repeated to search for another post in the thread - which when discovered provides nothing.

TROLL. FAIL.
General Secretary, Antonio Clemente, lashed out on Monday at the Central Government’s water policy saying that nobody will be able to afford to drink water from the desalination plant in Torrevieja because of its high cost.

He said that neither could the desalinated water intended for irrigation be used either as the quality would not be fit for human consumption. Clemente made the remarks at a Press Conference that he chaired jointly with Torrevieja Mayor and Valencian Parliamentary deputy Pedro Angel Hernandez Mateo.

DESALINATED WATER TOO EXPENSIVE | Spain | Leader - News, Sport, Advertising, Property, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain

Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
LOL, WTF is this dimwit talking about?

Desalination - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

" Water is desalinated in order to convert salt water to fresh water so it is suitable for human consumption or irrigation."

I've reached my limit, should have put the troll on ignore long ago, ker....plunk!!!!
General Secretary, Antonio Clemente, lashed out on Monday at the Central Government’s water policy.

He said that neither could the desalinated water intended for irrigation be used either as the quality would not be fit for human consumption.

Clemente made the remarks at a Press Conference that he chaired jointly with Torrevieja Mayor and Valencian Parliamentary deputy Pedro Angel Hernandez Mateo.

DESALINATED WATER TOO EXPENSIVE | Spain | Leader - News, Sport, Advertising, Property, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain

Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,401 times
Typical troll, first she says in post #48:

"De-salinized water cannot be used for agriculture or drinking water... It can only be used for industrial purposes..."

then changes the goal posts to it being an issue of COST.

When are you going to answer the question of how israel will transfer the water from iraq to israel?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Typical troll, first she says in post #48:

"De-salinized water cannot be used for agriculture or drinking water... It can only be used for industrial purposes..."

then changes the goal posts to it being an issue of COST.

When are you going to answer the question of how israel will transfer the water from iraq to israel?
I already did...

Quote:
It's not my story... It's Rumsfeld's...

Nov 6, 2003,

The only option to guarantee Israel a water supply was to change the regime in Iraq and distribute Iraq's abundant water to surrounding areas; and I'm sure in the not-too-distant future, we will see this start to come about.

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/snieg_conc_lte.htm
De-salinated water has been ruled as unfit for human consupmtion by the Governments of England and Spain.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,877 times
Quote:
Non-Wikipedia source please...

Don't you think it's funny that you rely on websites run by racists and anarchists, yet you doubt a source from Wikipedia??

Sure, Wikipedia may not be the most reliable on controversial topics, but I don't think there are people out there trying to give out false information about the potable qualities of desalinized water on wikipedia.

Still, your accusations are wild, and I am still waiting for you to post a link from a CREDIBLE source (heck, I'll even take FOX news) or even an explanation on how the Israelis will execute this plan/fairy tale.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
..........De-salinated water has been ruled as unfit for human consupmtion by the Governments of England and Spain.
But obviously not by Israel, the country of your thread topic and attack.

Your backpeddling and sidewinding faster than Ferris Bueller trying to take mileage off of a joyridden Ferrari belonging to his friend's father.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
well the men and women aboard US nuclear powered naval ships and subs drink the water and it frees up room since they don't need massive onbaord storage tanks for freash water.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
Don't you think it's funny that you rely on websites run by racists and anarchists, yet you doubt a source from Wikipedia??

Sure, Wikipedia may not be the most reliable on controversial topics, but I don't think there are people out there trying to give out false information about the potable qualities of desalinized water on wikipedia.

Still, your accusations are wild, and I am still waiting for you to post a link from a CREDIBLE source (heck, I'll even take FOX news) or even an explanation on how the Israelis will execute this plan/fairy tale.
How do you know if a website run by a racist or anarchist?... because of the circumstances and events that led to the formation of a country in the middle east?...

Having doubts and asking questions makes one a racist?.. I don't think so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies