Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

The Obamatrons are breathing a sigh of relief, just like with Chrissy Dodd leaving.

Get under that bus, Timmy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 05:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
good thing--
worst appointment Obama made
Geitner is just clone for GS thinking and Greenspan's lackey

Old 06-30-2011, 05:28 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
good thing--
worst appointment Obama made
Geitner is just clone for GS thinking and Greenspan's lackey
Don't worry, GS and Uncle Ben will manufacture another clone to take his place.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Geithner has been a very important person ever since the 2008 meltdown. He was instrumental in the bailouts, he was the ONE person that Democrats, Republicans and Wall Street were insisting on for Treasury Secretary in 2009.

I thought that very curious, and have spent a lot of time reading about him since that time period. Geithner is the ONLY Secretary of the Treasury that the USA has ever had that is a career Treasury employee (starting at the very bottom). He never worked on Wall Street at all, but he is accounted as a genius that actually is one of the few who actually understand how all the pieces of our financial system are put together AND how it inter-connects to the International Financial system. He "get's it", when so few do. He did consulting work with
the IMF and headed the New York FED.
I've heard rumors for months now that he wanted OUT, just as Gates wanted OUT and Hillary is preparing to escape at the end of this year. Nobody has a clue about Geithner's political affiliation - hard to figure out exactly what is going on except that all indications are that Obama has been fighting for months to keep Geithner on board. It's got to be a major blow to lose the last of all your economic team.

Is anyone around here keeping track on the run for the hills by not only the economic team, but the 'experts' on most of the important issues. We have also taken a serious hit in Foreign Policy and the hierarchy of the Military. They have all either been systematically removed or left with little comment. A lot of major concern in those quarters.

We are close to be left with only 'political operatives' (no experience at all) for the key posts in this Administration - the 'experts' are getting out of dodge as quickly as they can to save what is left of their careers or were pushed out because they were too "honest" in Congressional testimony.

I've understood from the beginning that whatever was going on in 2008 was major scary ...... it's takes a lot to scare people like George Bush, John Boehner, Nancy Pelosi, Chris Dodd - they were ALL very shaken by it - doesn't matter whether you agree with what they did or not. The point is that is scared them all and there was NO WAY they were going to be honest with us about what was really going on. I think they were literally afraid of panic in the streets..

Maybe our grandchildren will finally get the answers, but I doubt any of us will. Point is ..... Geithner has finally decided that he has to escape while he can. I have no idea what is coming, but it's being floated that Obama may just ignore the Debt Ceiling and do whatever he wants under an Executive Order - based on the 14th Amendment of all things.

That is almost sure to cause a 'Constitutional Crisis' of some sort ...... I've come to the conclusion (whether you like him or not) that Speaker Boehner (the cry baby) may be the only adult in the room who really 'gets' what is at stake and what is possible with the full repercussions in mind. The only thing that give me 'hope' at all is that Boehner is better at this than Obama - Obama is only concerned about his base and re-election, Boehner (and some others on both sides of the aisle) understand what it would mean for the President of the USA to throw out the Constitution and just make a 'declaration' of power. It's not just showdown at the OK Corral now - it's showdown with Nukes.

Obama is about Obama .... that has to be clear to everybody at this point. He is in Hiatus and in full 2012 campaign mode - in the meantime, we face some pretty scary stuff. Demonization and blame game are not going to help a bit if the doubledown mode causes a Market crash or Constitutional crisis.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Geithner has been a very important person ever since the 2008 meltdown. He was instrumental in the bailouts, he was the ONE person that Democrats, Republicans and Wall Street were insisting on for Treasury Secretary in 2009.

I thought that very curious, and have spent a lot of time reading about him since that time period. Geithner is the ONLY Secretary of the Treasury that the USA has ever had that is a career Treasury employee (starting at the very bottom). He never worked on Wall Street at all, but he is accounted as a genius that actually is one of the few who actually understand how all the pieces of our financial system are put together AND how it inter-connects to the International Financial system. He "get's it", when so few do. He did consulting work with
the IMF and headed the New York FED.
I've heard rumors for months now that he wanted OUT, just as Gates wanted OUT and Hillary is preparing to escape at the end of this year. Nobody has a clue about Geithner's political affiliation - hard to figure out exactly what is going on except that all indications are that Obama has been fighting for months to keep Geithner on board. It's got to be a major blow to lose the last of all your economic team.

Is anyone around here keeping track on the run for the hills by not only the economic team, but the 'experts' on most of the important issues. We have also taken a serious hit in Foreign Policy and the hierarchy of the Military. They have all either been systematically removed or left with little comment. A lot of major concern in those quarters.

We are close to be left with only 'political operatives' (no experience at all) for the key posts in this Administration - the 'experts' are getting out of dodge as quickly as they can to save what is left of their careers or were pushed out because they were too "honest" in Congressional testimony.

I've understood from the beginning that whatever was going on in 2008 was major scary ...... it's takes a lot to scare people like George Bush, John Boehner, Nancy Pelosi, Chris Dodd - they were ALL very shaken by it - doesn't matter whether you agree with what they did or not. The point is that is scared them all and there was NO WAY they were going to be honest with us about what was really going on. I think they were literally afraid of panic in the streets..

Maybe our grandchildren will finally get the answers, but I doubt any of us will. Point is ..... Geithner has finally decided that he has to escape while he can. I have no idea what is coming, but it's being floated that Obama may just ignore the Debt Ceiling and do whatever he wants under an Executive Order - based on the 14th Amendment of all things.

That is almost sure to cause a 'Constitutional Crisis' of some sort ...... I've come to the conclusion (whether you like him or not) that Speaker Boehner (the cry baby) may be the only adult in the room who really 'gets' what is at stake and what is possible with the full repercussions in mind. The only thing that give me 'hope' at all is that Boehner is better at this than Obama - Obama is only concerned about his base and re-election, Boehner (and some others on both sides of the aisle) understand what it would mean for the President of the USA to throw out the Constitution and just make a 'declaration' of power. It's not just showdown at the OK Corral now - it's showdown with Nukes.

Obama is about Obama .... that has to be clear to everybody at this point. He is in Hiatus and in full 2012 campaign mode - in the meantime, we face some pretty scary stuff. Demonization and blame game are not going to help a bit if the doubledown mode causes a Market crash or Constitutional crisis.
Obozo's 'team' started going down the toilet from day-one. As for Geithner, his economic philosophy stinks of left-wing liberal redistribution of wealth and giving entitlements to the low-lifes and idiots in our society. Plus, the scumbag is a blatant liar, and of all things he is a tax-cheat. He fits right in with clown Obozo and the Dumbocrats.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:08 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Repaying 100% of Goldman Sachs' AIG loss with taxpayer funds ought to be good for at least a $10-20B payback...
bingo

Old 06-30-2011, 06:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Maybe he's just tired of trying to accomplish the impossible.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Obama wants him out before election time so the repubs can't use him against Obama.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default "Da Ratz Be Ah Jumpin Off Dat Ole Sinkin WH Crew Ship Way Down Thar In DC" !!! ARRRRGH !

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Fed's Massive Stimulus Had Little Impact: Greenspan

And Obozo, Timmy and the Dumbocrats want even more stimulus. How damn stupid can these idiots be? I guess as stupid as the people that put them there...
highcotton !!!!!!!!!!! ........... WOW !

So dang much good ole wisdom in jest one lil' ole paragraph ^ ya'll !!!

"Obozo and crew" ... Sech really, really, I mean really smart folks fer shure ! Harrrrrrrrrr ! ... Harr ! ..... Ya'll ...

Hows bout dat puddin headed bunch dat voted fer that real smart feller in da ole "Yankee WH an all ? !

Yep ... Thar be a whole heap ah smarts in this here bunch ah muppets ... Dats fer dang shure !

I jest knowd dat not a soul on CDF voted fer Ho & Crew ... Ain't dat right mates ! What !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar Ya'll

Old 06-30-2011, 06:27 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
highcotton !!!!!!!!!!! ........... WOW !

So dang much good ole wisdom in jest one lil' ole paragraph ^ ya'll !!!

"Obozo and crew" ... Sech really, really, I mean really smart folks fer shure ! Harrrrrrrrrr ! ... Harr ! ..... Ya'll ...

Hows bout dat puddin headed bunch dat voted fer that real smart feller in da ole "Yankee WH an all ? !

Yep ... Thar be a whole heap ah smarts in this here bunch ah muppets ... Dats fer dang shure !

I jest knowd dat not a soul on CDF voted fer Ho & Crew ... Ain't dat right mates ! What !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar Ya'll
And this is your mind on drugs.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies