Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I don't think Hitler or Osama would have been capable of doing what Casey Anthony appears to have done.
This obsession is not going to bring the little girl back.
Casey Anthony was found not guilty by a jury of her
peers. It's time to move on - the train wreck is over.

The inability of folks to put the Casey Anthony
case in perspective with comparison to greater injustices
of the world is mind boggling. This nation truly has too
much time on it's hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 01:32 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

much time on it's hands.
It seems that people just hold onto irrelevant topics to hard.

The deed is done, the trial is over, let's stop obsessing over idiotic topics.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

much time on it's hands.
Then what are you doing here?

Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Then what are you doing here?
I'm talking Generalization of the public at
large e.g. the media and such. Not specific to
folks posting here - unless you were one of the
crazies picketing outside the courthouse

Plus, I do think this thread should be in the
True Crime Arena instead.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Right, but you are basing this opinion of her defense attorney's opening statemet, which is not evidence. There is no evidence of an sort that points toward an accidental drowning. The jurors shouldn't have taken his opening statement into consideration but they have already admitted they did.

Anyway, I think the state did a great job of proving murder in the first, but the jury obviously did not want to see it or examine it.
I know what you mean about opening statements not being evidence. However...

The jury probably took Cindy's testimony about Caylee being able to open the door leading to the pool area and climb the pool ladder, the pool ladder strangely being up the day she went missing, and the side gate being open, as 'evidence' that drowning was 'possible.' The testimony about burying animals back there and George Anthony's perceived poor performance as a witness also might be factors in the drowning story.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:06 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
I would say, we have higher expectations of people than you do. We have higher expectations of voters, which is where juries come from.
I have high expectations for what people write here. Given that you didn't try to disprove anything I said and just wrote a post on pure conjecture, then I'd say that you were disappointing. Perhaps you can try to use some data and logic to shoot down my points next time instead of writing out your emotions.

Quote:
Anyway, I think the state did a great job of proving murder in the first, but the jury obviously did not want to see it or examine it.
Or it could be that you're making up your mind based on your emotions and Nancy Grace. All of the jurors and even the alternates agreed that they didn't prove their case. Put away the emotions and use your brain.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

Or it could be that you're making up your mind based on your emotions and Nancy Grace. All of the jurors and even the alternates agreed that they didn't prove their case. Put away the emotions and use your brain.
I have already detailed on THIS THREAD the EVIDENCE PRESENTED that convinces me that Casey planned the murder of her daughter. I don't watch Nancy Grace fwiw, I watched a live feed of the trial. Not everyone who thinks she should have been found guilty is basing their decisions off of emotions, and I would say there is no excuse for being ignorant about that.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:01 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
I just heard on FOX News an interview with crime reporter Aphrodite Jones that there are two witness tampering investigations taking place, both of which are detrimental to the Casey Anthony defense team. She said that one of the two witness tampering investigations does not look good at all for Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for Casey Anthony’s lawyer: You’d totally let her babysit your kids, right? « Hot Air

I think Joy Behar actually did something...............................good. Nice.....job....Joy. Whew. That was hard to say (type)

‪attorney dorthy sims would she let casey anthony babysit for her? joy behar .mp4‬‏ - YouTube

Just look at that lawyers face during the questioning. She KNOWS Casey was guilty. You see it in her face. She cant even answer the question.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,476,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
She KNOWS Casey was guilty. You see it in her face. She cant even answer the question.
If she doesn't 'know' that Casey Anthony is guilty, she certainly BELIEVES (BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT) that Casey Anthony is guilty.

Stupid jurors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies