Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times

Advertisements

On July 6th a Federal Appeals Court ordered the United States Government to immediately cease enforcing the military ban on openly gay men and women.

The Appeals Court has immediately lifted the ban after the Government appealed District Judge Virginia Phillip's decision; since the 9th Circuit Court agreed to keep the policy in place as it "considered the matter".

"Don't Ask.....Don't Tell is essentially over unless the Government appeals to the Supreme Court" and further wastes taxpayer dollars by insisting on trying to implement discriminatory/bigoted and unconstitutional policies.

These anti-gay agenda policies send a negative message to our youth and general population; furthering anti-gay violence, bullying, gay teen suicides etcetera.....I'm glad these negative messages are finally coming to a close!

Final implementation will go into place 60 days after the President and his senior defense advisors certify that lifting the ban has no adverse effects on military preparedness.

Court orders immediate halt to gay military ban | News Blog from 365gay.com

Court Orders Immediate Halt to Gay Military Ban - FoxNews.com

DADT Repeal: Court Orders Immediate Halt To Gay Military Ban

Court Orders Immediate Halt to Gay Military Ban - ABC News

Court orders immediate halt to gay military ban - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/06/ap/business/main20077339.shtml - broken link)

BBC News - US court orders halt to gay military ban
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 10:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Why do you care? You never planned to serve this great nation, anyway, right?

Oh, that's right, I forgot....it's just part of the scripted Gay Agenda. The one that homosexuals say does not exist.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Political activist gays do admit to having an agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why do you care? You never planned to serve this great nation, anyway, right?

Oh, that's right, I forgot....it's just part of the scripted Gay Agenda. The one that homosexuals say does not exist.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:15 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Political activist gays do admit to having an agenda.
Hate to tell ya Aero......but you are the one with the agenda...it's evidenced by you posting more in gay threads than the gay posters do.

My agenda is seeking equality and fighting lies and misinformation spread by posters like yourself.

And for your information I'm a bit too old to serve and knew better than to try and enlist because of my sexuality since you'd get booted out in the 1970's.

My mate of 28 plus years served 8 years in the Army.......so try again......with your ignorant rhetoric.

So tell us your military service record?????? Did you fight for everyone's freedom OR just the special and select few??????

Old 07-07-2011, 01:43 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Hate to tell ya Aero......but you are the one with the agenda...it's evidenced by you posting more in gay threads than the gay posters do.

My agenda is seeking equality and fighting lies and misinformation spread by posters like yourself.

And for your information I'm a bit too old to serve and knew better than to try and enlist because of my sexuality since you'd get booted out in the 1970's.

My mate of 28 plus years served 8 years in the Army.......so try again......with your ignorant rhetoric.

So tell us your military service record?????? Did you fight for everyone's freedom OR just the special and select few??????
I don't discuss my record on this forum or any other. But, I will say that I am sitting in Southeast Iraq as we speak.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:57 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Default The U.S. Military just became much weaker

Quote:
On July 6th a Federal Appeals Court ordered the United States Government to immediately cease enforcing the military ban on openly gay men and women.

The Appeals Court has immediately lifted the ban after the Government appealed District Judge Virginia Phillip's decision; since the 9th Circuit Court agreed to keep the policy in place as it "considered the matter".

"Don't Ask.....Don't Tell is essentially over unless the Government appeals to the Supreme Court" and further wastes taxpayer dollars by insisting on trying to implement discriminatory/bigoted and unconstitutional policies.

These anti-gay agenda policies send a negative message to our youth and general population; furthering anti-gay violence, bullying, gay teen suicides etcetera.....I'm glad these negative messages are finally coming to a close!

Final implementation will go into place 60 days after the President and his senior defense advisors certify that lifting the ban has no adverse effects on military preparedness.

Court orders immediate halt to gay military ban | News Blog from 365gay.com

Court Orders Immediate Halt to Gay Military Ban - FoxNews.com

DADT Repeal: Court Orders Immediate Halt To Gay Military Ban

Court Orders Immediate Halt to Gay Military Ban - ABC News

Court orders immediate halt to gay military ban - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/06/ap/business/main20077339.shtml - broken link)

BBC News - US court orders halt to gay military ban

All you homosexual supporters might soon regret this ruling if it is not overturned by ''the Supremes."

This move will cause more early retirements, etc. of the Armed Forces.

This will weaken our already weakened Military. I know many soldiers who will not continue in the service with openly homosexual service men and woman. Big trouble ahead.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:

your mate served not you. i dont care if gays serve or not. I on the other hand served 8 years as well and left my blood in panama and saudi arabia in 90-91.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
All you homosexual supporters might soon regret this ruling if it is not overturned by ''the Supremes."

This will weaken our already weakened Military. I know many soldiers who will not continue in the service with openly homosexual service men and woman. Big trouble ahead.
If they can handle getting shot at, but can't handle living with gays ( despite the fact that they've been doing it for this country's entire history) good riddance to them. They don't deserve our support. I don't want my taxes paying to support bigoted troops who only fight for the freedoms of the people they personally like.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
your mate served not you.
It's a good thing the military doesn't treat military wives/husbands like this. You know, seeing as how they provide and take care of them with scores of benefits and assistance. There's nothing wrong with being a military spouse or dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
i dont care if gays serve or not. I on the other hand served 8 years as well and left my blood in panama and saudi arabia in 90-91.
I'd like to see gays in the military being able to marry their spouses, too. I'd imagine that there's nothing like knowing that your wife/husband and kids are taken care of while you're not there. Or that when you return, they'll be there waiting just for you? At least, this is what I've heard from my parents, whom both served.

Quote:
Not really.

Quote:
Except that you can't just decide "I'm going to retire next week if 'dem gays join us". Sure, it might cause a few to not renew the "contract" that holds their souls. But do we really need people that petty in our armed forces?

Quote:
This will weaken our already weakened Military.
How is our military "already weakened"? By allowing many servicemen (and women) the mental stability of not having to hide every shred of evidence of the person who gives them the most comfort? Even something simple as keeping a picture in his/her rack. Sounds like, minus the "OMIGOD IT'S A GAY" soldiers, our military will actually be strengthened by allowing gays to openly serve.

Quote:
I know many soldiers who will not continue in the service with openly homosexual service men and woman.
I raise a toast to those soldiers you know, then. They're doing the right thing by realizing that they're not military material.

Quote:
Big trouble ahead.
Nah. It didn't seem to affect any other civilized country.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:32 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,169,562 times
Default comprehension anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If they can handle getting shot at, but can't handle living with gays ( despite the fact that they've been doing it for this country's entire history) good riddance to them. They don't deserve our support. I don't want my taxes paying to support bigoted troops who only fight for the freedoms of the people they personally like.
ANYONE in the Armed Forces of the these United states, represents and fights for ALL Americans.

The poster who you are castigating, is simply putting into words what most of the upper echelon already know. There are MANY men and women in the armed forces that will feel uncomfortable serving with an openly gay member.

Whether it be that they don't like homosexuality, or they are simply uncomfortable with someone who will look at them the same way the someone of the opposite sex would, it really doesn't matter. The bottom line, is for one reason or another, they are uncomfortable.

Please don't use the black vs white thing, this is a bit different, and until men and women are all using the same bathrooms/showers/living arrangements simultaneously with disregard to male/female sexuality, then there will be some people who are uncomfortable with it.

Additionally, Telling someone who joined the Armed Forces they have to live with this, is unfair, as they joined, many with the understanding that this would not happen. Telling the Men and Women to buck up or leave, the very same people who are ready to offer their lives to protect this country is unfair, and will in fact lead to many people leaving.

How many people here really want to see the people who are ready to die to protect this country leave, and how many people are willing to take their place?

Now with that being said, I look forward to the day that anyone who wants to join the armed forces may, and can serve without discrimination, being accepted by all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies