Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:46 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,903,245 times

Advertisements

I mean if liberals are so intent on boxing conservatives into Reaganism, maybe conservatives should expect the same from liberals to emulate Clinton. At least then we'd have a president who wasn't an insane ideologue with no clue what he's doing, we'd also have close to a balanced budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 08:49 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I mean if liberals are so intent on boxing conservatives into Reaganism, maybe conservatives should expect the same from liberals to emulate Clinton. At least then we'd have a president who wasn't an insane ideologue with no clue what he's doing, we'd also have close to a balanced budget.
Can Conservatives stop talking about Ronald Reagan like he's the second coming of Jesus?

Old 07-14-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Can Conservatives stop talking about Ronald Reagan like he's the second coming of Jesus?
He was a great president and about 14.3 trillion times better than the one we have now

Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 PM

608 posts, read 1,347,188 times
So who was the conservative president, because they ALL DID THE SAME THING.

They ALL said they were in support of limited government and they ALL increased the size of government, they ALL increased the government payroll, they ALL increased the national debt, and they ALL raised the debt ceiling.

So if not Reagan, who Nixon, Ford, Bush I, Bush II, Eisenhower? WHO?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,485,182 times
Quote:

Old 07-14-2011, 09:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
More like God coming down to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave after talking to Abraham.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:25 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
He was a great president and about 14.3 trillion times better than the one we have now
Yes if you were rich, or a corporation, or defense contractor. Everybody else not so much.

The basic tenet of Reagonomics "If you're not rich, f*ck you"

Not much has changed for the Republcian Party in the last 30 years.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yes if you were rich, or a corporation, or defense contractor. Everybody else not so much.

Oh nice try. Obama is such a peaceful president with rainbows and unicorns flying out of the whitehouse. Yeh, no special favors for defense contractors with this guy. By the way, could liberals explain to me what Reaganomics is. I have yet to meet an economically literate liberal so I know you don't have an answer and are simply rehashing an unoriginal talking point you picked up from the Rachel Maddow show, but in case you do understand economics and care to tell me how Reagan's economic policies failed (i.e. brought 7% GDP growth), I'm all ears.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 PM

608 posts, read 1,347,188 times
Quote:

"Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have
substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and on the value
of the dollar in exchange markets. The Nation can ill afford to allow
such a result. The risks, the costs, the disruptions and the
incalculable damage lead me to but one conclusion: the Senate must pass
this legislation before the Congress adjourns." --Ronald Reagan

Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Hold up....

You make a thread about us boxing you guys into being slavish Reaganites, then your first response to your own thread is THAT^^^^?

LMAO. Well....

Whose fault is that? You guys have spent the last 30 years worshipping at the feet of the Gipper. What are we supposed to think? In the last Republican presidential primaries, the name Ronald Reagan came up about 100 times. Every Repub that runs for office claims the Reagan mantle. Ronaldus Magnus, Maximus, or whatever the hell you guys call him. Come on...you guys ride his jock relentlessly.

But now that modern day Republicans can't measure up to the guy, you want to NOW be out from under his yoke (and shadow). It's not Reagans fault that the party that so closely identifies with him is batsh*t crazy nowadays....far from the party that he once called his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies