Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, I'm asserting that our behavior is natural. You are asserting that human behavior is not natural. Your argument is insupportable.
I have supported just that contention throughout this thread. There has not been one argument put forth that denies the evolutionary process that made our sex organs and made the sex act pleasurable was for any other reason than to encourage us to have sex. And why would it be desirable from an evolutionary perspective to have sex be pleasurable? Certainly not for pleasure for pleasures sake but to encourage us to reproduce.

Why do you find this so radical? It is a fairly conventional perspective. I suspect it is because the logical outcome is that all sex that is not intended to reproduce is unnatural. Well it is, but relax, it's not that bad. Remember the shovel and hammer analogy? Well there really is no harm if a shovel is used as a hammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,117,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Someone makes the right action by leaving their job instead of staying in the job to harass and abuse those who choose to get an alternative marriage.

New York town clerk quits over gay marriage licenses - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/york-town-clerk-quits-over-gay-marriage-licenses-222510597.html - broken link)
Obviously I'm late to the game with this one but talk about hyperbole! "Instead of staying in the job to harass and abuse"??? What have you been smoking??? Get a grip.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Which has nothing to do with the fact that reproduction is not the only reason to have sex.
Please produce some evolutionary explanation to support your position.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I have supported just that contention throughout this thread. There has not been one argument put forth that denies the evolutionary process that made our sex organs and made the sex act pleasurable was for any other reason than to encourage us to have sex. And why would it be desirable from an evolutionary perspective to have sex be pleasurable? Certainly not for pleasure for pleasures sake but to encourage us to reproduce.

Why do you find this so radical? It is a fairly conventional perspective. I suspect it is because the logical outcome is that all sex that is not intended to reproduce is unnatural. Well it is, but relax, it's not that bad. Remember the shovel and hammer analogy? Well there really is no harm if a shovel is used as a hammer.
I guess my idea of radical and your idea of radical are very different. Because I suspect that the majority of human beings on this planet do NOT believe that "all sex that is not intended to reproduce is unnatural." Really. This belief would most definitely be held by a small and arguably radical minority. I don't even think that the town clerk who quit would believe your assertion.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,050,001 times
Quote:
I guess my idea of radical and your idea of radical are very different. Because I suspect that the majority of human beings on this planet do NOT believe that "all sex that is not intended to reproduce is unnatural."
Especially with the location of the prostate gland in males as to why anal sex is so pleasurable.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times
I think she made the right choice to quit her job.

Why work somewhere and be miserable? She'd make everyone around her miserable too.

I'm sure she found another job with no problem.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I guess my idea of radical and your idea of radical are very different. Because I suspect that the majority of human beings on this planet do NOT believe that "all sex that is not intended to reproduce is unnatural." Really. This belief would most definitely be held by a small and arguably radical minority. I don't even think that the town clerk who quit would believe your assertion.
Nah it's not radical. To the x factor, American idol set it may be. But in philosophical and theological circles it is quite mainstream.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,465,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Especially with the location of the prostate gland in males as to why anal sex is so pleasurable.
Who was the first guy to notice this?

Wouldn't want to shake his hand probably started with hand and just progressed down the line of fun ways to stimulate your prostate.

Anal sex isn't normal sex.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Nah it's not radical. To the x factor, American idol set it may be. But in philosophical and theological circles it is quite mainstream.
You do know that prostitution is widely considered as 'the worlds oldest profession'... Why would people pay for sex if it's only used for reproduction?

In theological circles sure.....but not historically.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:44 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,905,737 times
Quote:
Since I don't belong to the "x factor, American idol set", I can say with confidence, you are mistaken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies