Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
An Isreal/Iran war would be disasterous for everyone.
Agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Hopefully if attacked out of the blue by Israel, Iran will fight back big time. Who wouldn't fight back if the spoiled brat attacked ? Leaving Iran alone is the best policy. The US and Israel do not own the whole damned planet, but they act like it. The "special relationship" with Israel sux big time. Big parasite is what they are.
Actually the USA is probably more of a parasite to Israel than the other way around. Israel does a lot for the world. Not only it is always one of the first countries to respond with aid to natural disasters (even in countries where it doesn't have diplomatic ties), it also has major technological developments/inventions that without which the average American's daily life would not be as convenient as it currently is. Also Israel is a leader in medical procedures/advances used in the USA.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 AM

471 posts, read 600,829 times
Israel is probably the most civilized country in that region. Human rights and life are largely respected. No country is perfect, but of all the countries in the region, Israel is democratic and closest to first world than anywhere else.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I would hate to see a war, but it seems that none of Israel's neighbors wish to leave her in peace. Israel has a right to defend itself. I think there should be a worldwide call against the genocidal declarations of all the countries surrounding Israel and they need to acknowledge and respect Israel's right to exist.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Israel has a right to defend itself, but it's the definition of 'defense' that I sometimes have a problem with. I think cooler heads should prevail here. I hope anyway.
Wow, a voice of sanity on this topic.

What are you doing here????

Old 11-07-2011, 09:35 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Israel vs Iran: I'll put my money on Iran.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
This actually seems plausible.
A good ole' fashion world war starting with a Israeli attack on Natanz would certainly take a lot of focus off of our financial problems.

It would be good for the Iranian leaders under pressure from the sheeple.

It would be good for US arm sales and unemployment.

Probably would take a yr. or two for a draft to be put in place.

MJ Rosenberg: Former CIA Official: Israel Will Bomb Iran in September
If you think this is plausible I think you need a new dictionary.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Israel is the Worst. Ally. Ever.
The USA needs to cut ties from Israel and the entire Middle East if we are going to save this country.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,972,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I would doubt that very much. As said on WikiAnswers: "The Israeli Army has the most skilled minds and advanced technology in the world, they constantly create patents in the field of military technology and regularly share intelligence and work with the military forces of the US".

Anyway, albeit I'm not a huge fan of the current Israeli leaders (way too extremist for the good of the country in my opinion), I despise those Iranian maniacs a thousands time more and I can understand Israel's deep fear about the ayatollah's having their hands on nuclear weapons.

It's a damn tricky situation...

Old 11-07-2011, 11:40 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
And you would lose. Israel would have no problem in beating Iran, Just as thay defeated every other Middle Eastern country since their inception.

Israel is only a threat to those countries which say they want to destroy Israel. As we are seeing, these countries can barely keep theirselves together. Iran, is a threat to almost every other country in the middle east. Saudi Arabia even turns a blind eye to Israelli fly overs knowing that Iran is a bigger threat to their security.

Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
If I were bankrolling a War in the Middle East I would have Israel and Iran to cut a secret deal that would let Israel stay neutral while Iran swallowed Saudi Arabia and returned the Muslim Holy places to their rightful owners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies