Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 AM

15 posts, read 9,982 times

Advertisements

I think Americans are not afraid of Muslim.
Its Muslims who are afraid of Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I ran out of one of those towers along with some Muslim coworkers. One of them went to a nearby Palestinian community that night where celebrations were taking place to confront the celebrants. The police put him and his friends into the cop car and drove them a few blocks away and asked them to please leave because they were trying to keep the celebration quiet so that there wouldn't be any violence if non-Muslims in the surrounding communities got wind of it.

Another Muslim held a hose on a fire in one of the stairwells on the way down so that his other coworkers could pass safely.

And both of these men were visited by the FBI within the next few days because they were Muslim engineers who worked in the World Trade Center.
So one of your coworkers went to a celebration to tell the celebrants not to celebrate?

And the police were trying to keep a low profile on the celebration to avoid violence from non-Muslims?

What is the connection with the fire hose?

And what did the FBI conclude about these Muslim engineers?

Please clarify..

Peace,
brian

Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophithequeen View Post
I think Americans are not afraid of Muslim.
Its Muslims who are afraid of Americans.
Can you elaborate?

Peace,
brian

Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 AM

800 posts, read 781,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't doubt that it is not easy for a culture to be replaced by another. Or if the immigrants are permitted to follow their religion, which means wearing different clothes, etc., it can be a shock. I can understand your grandmother's troubles.

Did they threaten or try to convert her?

Peace,
brian
No.

However, they don't try at all to assimilate into Norwegian culture. They refuse to learn the language and demand everything be done their way or else.

Immigrants to Norway and Sweden have long been able to mix their customs with Norway's as well as learn tha language and contribute to society.

Worse yet are incidents such as in Denmark where Muslims were making all sorts of threats and personal death threats to the author of a silly cartoon.

You believe in freedom of the press, right?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
No.

However, they don't try at all to assimilate into Norwegian culture. They refuse to learn the language and demand everything be done their way or else.

Immigrants to Norway and Sweden have long been able to mix their customs with Norway's as well as learn tha language and contribute to society.

Worse yet are incidents such as in Denmark where Muslims were making all sorts of threats and personal death threats to the author of a silly cartoon.

You believe in freedom of the press, right?
Yes, I do.

I think that they are not used to so much "openness" and crassness. I don't blame them for wanting to keep their own traditions, and I don't see a problem with it, as long as everyone else can have their own traditions, too.

A couple of hours ago I spoke with a nice muslim guy, about 25 years old. He agreed that people make generalizations about muslims, and that people tend to lump arabs in together with muslims, even though many arabs are not muslim but christian.

Peace!
brian

Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes, I do.

I think that they are not used to so much "openness" and crassness. I don't blame them for wanting to keep their own traditions, and I don't see a problem with it, as long as everyone else can have their own traditions, too.

A couple of hours ago I spoke with a nice muslim guy, about 25 years old. He agreed that people make generalizations about muslims, and that people tend to lump arabs in together with muslims, even though many arabs are not muslim but christian.

Peace!
brian
If I am not mistaken, I believe the % of Christians in the Middle East is a vast, vast minority. And yes, that religious difference has been a historical source of oppression and aggression.

As far as being open to letting others keep their own traditions? That openess, or lack of it, appears to be in direct proportion to the level of fanaticism / fundamentalism that members of that faith possess. For the most part, this seems to be true of Christians and Muslims.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
they don't try at all to assimilate into Norwegian culture. They refuse to learn the language and demand everything be done their way or else.
Or else what? What exactly did they threaten to do in Norway if their request is not accomodated?

Old 07-20-2011, 08:48 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Why would you make such a ridiculous statement? Of course the 9/11 terrorists weren't "peaceful Muslims." You're just saying, in essence, that there is no such thing as a peaceful Muslim. What a bigoted statement!
We're constantly told how peaceful the religion is. What do we have to judge it by? What great charitable works do they do? Are they running orphanages in India? Building hospitals in 3rd world countries?

Unlike Christianity, the only thing Islam is really known for is terrorism. I want to see the rest of Islam step up and give us a reason to know them for something else.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:59 AM

800 posts, read 781,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Or else what? What exactly did they threaten to do in Norway if their request is not accomodated?
Well, as evidenced by the problems in Denmark, create civil unrest over the smallest of things. Issue death threats, burn flags (of the country they're reaping all the benefits from), and jihads etc.

There is a reason comedians are terrified of making fun of Muslims

Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
From what I've seen, rioting tends to be the general response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies