Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Paul's idea just places "the same abusive tactics" in the hands of private goons. It's nothing more than one tyrant passing the baton to another tyrant. Will it save money, who really knows.
You don't know how things work do you? If an employee becomes abusive the customer will complain because that company does not want to loose customers and hence money. The customer will switch airlines. The goon changes tactics or looses the job.

The government wont care much if you complain because they know you have no other options. The goon knows it and won't change.

A reputable company would rather have you say something so they can fix it and make better profits. They love feedback. That's how the real world works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Character does count. It influences everything. I think we can be sure that Paul is not making money off of his recommendations.
Paul and who else?

Congressmen use surplus to reduce national debt - Mark Critz for Congress (http://www.critzforcongress.com/page/congressmen-use-surplus-to-reduce-national-debt - broken link)

Arizona's Politics: Arizona Congressional Payrolls, Part 2: Outgoings' Swell Payroll Expenses; Numbers May Put Them In "Unfairly Unfavorable Light"

Congressional Record, V. 145, Pt. 9 ... - Google Books

Loretta Sanchez | House bonuses: Members of Congress handed out bonuses to staffs during <b style="color:white;background-color:#00aa00">budget</b> crisis - Los Angeles Times
Like a number of other lawmakers, Lofgren said she returned money from her office budget to the Treasury, even after paying bonuses.

So Paul can go blowing his own horn, but he's not unique.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Every year Ron Paul has returned part of his Congressional budget. Once again you do not know what you are talking about. Ignorance is no excuse. Become informed.
Well, thanks for the personal attack and personal obtuseness.
I do know what I'm talking about.
I have managed big government contracts. Apparently your political partisanship doesn't allow for anything other than personal attacks when someone disagrees with you.

You might want to learn a bit about the government contract process.
Education goes a long way.

So, how many government contracts have you managed?
Come on, don't be shy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It has everything to do with the post I was answering.
Pay attention.
Your comment had NOTHING to do with my post.
Your opinion does not equal fact.

Your attacks on people are uncalled for and I suggest that you read the TOS.

For someone who loveshiscountry, you sure do hate it's citizens who disagree with you.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have managed big government contracts. Apparently your political partisanship doesn't allow for anything other than personal attacks when someone disagrees with you.

Come on, don't be shy.
You mean you were in charge of redistributing our stolen money?

Not sure I'd want to admit that.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:07 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
I have managed big government contracts.
Well then, you are part of the problem

Military Continues To Pay Companies After Fraud | Irregular Times (http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2011/02/08/military-continues-to-pay-companies-after-fraud/ - broken link)

Old 07-22-2011, 09:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
no you don't

Quote:
I have managed big government contracts. Apparently your political partisanship doesn't allow for anything other than personal attacks when someone disagrees with you..
Because you SAY you have no one should question you? Sounds like the tyrants in office you support. Guess what, people are always going to question you on politics. Quit saying things are attacks when they are not. Too much drama imo.

No here's the best part of this post full of "irony". After calling me partisan YOU just admitted YOU are big government. lmao
Who is partisan now?

Quote:
you incorrectly call what I said a personal attack, then you do the same thing. oh the irony. LMAO

Quote:
Come on, don't be shy.
I don't believe you when you say you've done government contracts. Prove it. Which contracts and for what department? As bad as government is and listening to who and what you support I might be inclined to believe it.

Quote:
Your comment had NOTHING to do with my post.
Your opinion does not equal fact.
My answer DID have to do with YOUR post, I never claimed an opinion DOES equal a fact. What a silly thing to say, again. lol

Quote:
Your attacks on people are uncalled for and I suggest that you read the TOS.
In no way is my post an attack. I suggest YOU read TOS and have someone explain to YOU when that is violated since YOU are confused.

Quote:
For someone who loveshiscountry, you sure do hate it's citizens who disagree with you.
Another silly false statement. Why would the facts matter?

FACT - The person YOU voted for has horrible policies.
FACT - The policies put into place by your horrible candidate are similar to other failed policies which is what incompetent people do. They follow and implement bad policies.
FACT - The person you voted for has continued the economic policies that brought this nation to it's knees. Government manipulation of the economy doesn't work in the long run. The busts are always worse than the booms.
FACT - The person you voted for has continued to kill thousands of innocent people in the Middle East and risk the lives of US Troops needlessly.

I'll go with what works and doesn't impede on others rights, you keep supporting a murderer and a thief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies