Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,466,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Are you saying that many conservatives agree with his actions (mass murder)? Really?
I didn't say they agree with the killings but with his crazy views. When you look at it, its clearly nonsense. If there are 160,000 muslims in a country of nearly 5 million people, how are they taking over the country? And whats with his stupid fear of marxism? Its not 1930.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
Just because EVIL PERSON A believes or approves of X, does not make X evil.

How did you even reach adulthood without learning this part of reality?

Can you point out the Conservatives you attack who state that they agree with his evil deeds, namely mass murder?
Its about his views. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that. And he is not only critical about immigration, he has a completely twisted view of the world. I advice you to google about his manifesto and you will see that its not your normal "I dont think multiculti works". It goes beyond that.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:45 AM

96 posts, read 133,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I didn't say they agree with the killings but with his crazy views. When you look at it, its clearly nonsense. If there are 160,000 muslims in a country of nearly 5 million people, how are they taking over the country? And whats with his stupid fear of marxism? Its not 1930.
I have read only a few pages of this manifesto, but I have to say that his concept of "cultural marxism" seems like an invention of his own. He refers to teachers, journalists, comedians, and artists being "cultural marxists" and traitors. It doesn't make any sense. There are hardly any marxists (in the original sense) in Norway today, and he does not really refer to the traditional communist/marxist political movement.

He has tried to create a world that just doesn't exist.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Its about his views. If you actually read my posts, you'd see that. And he is not only critical about immigration, he has a completely twisted view of the world. I advice you to google about his manifesto and you will see that its not your normal "I dont think multiculti works". It goes beyond that.
He is out of his mind. He insisted on wearing an uniform (homemade, I think) to the hearing yesterday, and he was seriously surprised to learn that torture is not part of Norwegian imprisonment. He also expected to be shot.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embla View Post
He is out of his mind. He insisted on wearing an uniform (homemade, I think) to the hearing yesterday, and he was seriously surprised to learn that torture is not part of Norwegian imprisonment. He also expected to be shot.
His lawyer thinks that he is mentally ill and that he sees the world in a different way than anybody else.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Daily Kos: US' own Hitler Youth (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/05/15/731699/-US-own-Hitler-Youth - broken link)

Beck's not the first, it seems.
Beck hasn't had an original thought in
his head, since he came into the public eye.

Morton Downey Jr.
is painting an upside down swastika on Beck's face from the grave, and Beck
is loving how easy it is to make M's in America.

Take a big chunk out of Beck's peppermint patty head, and just spit him out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I shed some humble tears today, as I watched videos and pictures of the events across the country and even the world.

I am proud tonight, of the overwhelming support everyone in Norway is showing both for our fallen but also for a Society I and evidently many with me, hold so dear.
Now the topic at hand reminds me of the OK bombing;
Immediately pointing fingers, and now trying to
make sense of hate and insanity.

The pain never goes away for families who had
loved ones lost, but they keep on.
Deep condolences to everyone in Norway.
Hearts everywhere will ache, along side of yours...

Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
His lawyer thinks that he is mentally ill and that he sees the world in a different way than anybody else.
Yes, I read that. That is probably part of the defence. And it is hard not to agree with him. I'm looking forward to the results of the psychiatric evaluation.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:54 PM

6,469 posts, read 8,200,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Interesting view Beck has of sixty eight dead young people, belonged to a party that was like the Hitler Youth.
Would many conservatives share those views about the dead young people ?

Norway shooting: Glenn Beck compares dead teenagers to Hitler youth - Telegraph
Glenn Beck is funny as always. He is like an American Göbbels. No wonder he is obsessed with everything Nazi.

Actually, the former Norwegian Neo-Nazi organization and party Vigrid recruited teenagers. The organization was inspired by Norse mythology and Nazism. Vigrid held many gatherings and most of them were aimed at young people. I think this is the closest we get to Hitler Jugend in Norway since WW2. The leader Tore Tvedt retired in 2009.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM

13,656 posts, read 20,799,078 times
Quote:
??? Someone didn't read the thread here. I was posting back and forth with so-called Conservatives who tried to blame the left for the shooting. Read the thread. Never said that you or all Conservatives agree with the killing. If you feel different, show me where I accused you or all Conservatives. I read posts on CD (read the thread for christ sake!) and on other websites from people with similar belief systems who did not condemn his belief system. (which is completely different from your average conservative belief system).
There are many people who don't see anything wrong with his crazy manifesto etc.

Also, I didn't make this political. I clearly stated that he is a cold-hearted murderer from the beginning. I didn't blame his belief system for his actions. It was then shocking to see how many conservatives on here didn't see anything wrong with his manifesto.

Do you really believe that Marxists want to take over Europe? That Muslims will take over Europe?
I said nothing about Marxists. I did say I did not care about Muslims in Europe.

It seems to me YOU are either not reading what people are writing or are just making it up as you go along.

Some of us gave you some good advice. The words you seek are, "Thank you."

Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM

455 posts, read 633,644 times
I'm surized this doesn't happen more in the U.S.A., I guess it does just way more often and a much smaller smaller scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies