Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,210,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The gunman can't take all the blame for this atrocity. The Norwegian government has some responsibility to bear for their failure to keep their citizens safe.

A guy with a background in farming gets tons of fertilizer and makes a bomb, how many bombs? I read somewhere that he had 6 tons of fertilizer. How the heck do you make a bomb to fit in ONE car with 6 tons of fertilizer? Who signs off on that kinda purchase? Does this guy have that size of a farm where he could be authorized to buy that much fertilizer?

Only one police helicopter in all of Oslo? C'mon. Are you serious? One hour and 30 minutes to get to the island? Incompetent.

After OKC bombing in 1995, the USA started watching everyone buying anything in large quantities that a bomb could be constructed from. But Norway kept on their "rose colored glasses", heads buried in the sand. Norway thought they were above it all. And now this happens.

Every Norwegian should be madder than hell about their government right now but I doubt they will even see things the way I do. There is plenty of blame to go around on this one, the shooter and the government can share it.
Ya, the US is so much more competent ...nothing bad has ever happened here

Maybe Norway doesn't want to treat every citizen like a criminal as they do here in the US.

Maybe Norway doesn't believe that because one person commits a crime ALL citizens should be treated like criminals....

what a wacky idea!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,071,377 times
First, my heartfelt condolences to all that have been affected by this horrible tragedy.

Second, I am a person that generally leans right on most issues. This killer has perverted the right wing views to fit his crazy ideas. I denounce his actions, his thoughts, and his making this an excuse to kill innocent people. He is a murderer.

Finally, I think the free exchange of thoughts and views is an important part of civilized society. Let us all reflect on how we can maintain a civilized society without resorting to stifling another's point of view or turning into monsters that are beyond reason, such as this person.

I think the Norwegians are seeing this the right way. Do not let one man, one madman, change your society and way of life. To do so, is allowing him to win and that is unacceptable.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
First, my heartfelt condolences to all that have been affected by this horrible tragedy.

Second, I am a person that generally leans right on most issues. This killer has perverted the right wing views to fit his crazy ideas. I denounce his actions, his thoughts, and his making this an excuse to kill innocent people. He is a murderer.

Finally, I think the free exchange of thoughts and views is an important part of civilized society. Let us all reflect on how we can maintain a civilized society without resorting to stifling another's point of view or turning into monsters that are beyond reason, such as this person.

I think the Norwegians are seeing this the right way. Do not let one man, one madman, change your society and way of life. To do so, is allowing him to win and that is unacceptable.
"""""I think the Norwegians are seeing this the right way. Do not let one man, one madman, change your society and way of life. To do so, is allowing him to win and that is unacceptable""""

Unlike noodly Americans who accepted every form of harrassment, privacy invasion, loss of liberty and freedoms so that they would be "safe".

We lost the war against terrorism.....I hope Norway doesn't.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:29 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,201,872 times
As usual lefties cry "right wing" for about a week , then it gets out the insane man was an atheist and was sad because his band broke up or they gave the wrong guy the Nobel peace prize .
While Christians pray for the dead and grieving , liberals attempt to use death to gain political advantage .
Things never change.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,923,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""""I think the Norwegians are seeing this the right way. Do not let one man, one madman, change your society and way of life. To do so, is allowing him to win and that is unacceptable""""

Unlike noodly Americans who accepted every form of harrassment, privacy invasion, loss of liberty and freedoms so that they would be "safe".

We lost the war against terrorism.....I hope Norway doesn't.
Sad isn't it,when America is supposedly the home of the rugged individualist...

Says a lot about Americans from the last few decades...willing to give up almost everything to be told they are being kept safe....

All by a massive central government.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:42 AM

12,311 posts, read 9,785,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
As usual lefties cry "right wing" for about a week , then it gets out the insane man was an atheist and was sad because his band broke up or they gave the wrong guy the Nobel peace prize .
While Christians pray for the dead and grieving , liberals attempt to use death to gain political advantage .
Things never change.
And you couldn't script a story more effective as a tool to advance their agenda. Just a little too coincidental?

I'm still waiting for the rest of this story and I doubt I'm the only one who smells a rat.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:45 AM

17,523 posts, read 24,774,014 times
Just another Christian Conservative with a gun.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
You could have stopped after the first point - I like him already...

I agree with a number of his points actually, like why are so many muslims moving to the West? I sure as shyte don't see too many Westerners moving to muslim nations, this mass immigration of muslims into the West is a HUGE problem, and a complete failure of Western governments to perform their fundamental role in protecting their countries.

Arab muslims are not welcome here, nor are illegal aliens, the far left professors in their indoctrination of the youth - which does not constitute a "fear of education" - (nice strawman try), the disease of political correctness, but what I do NOT understand, is if he hated muslims, and wanted to protect and help his fellow indigenous Norwegians - WTFF would he kill almost 100 Norwegian teens?

The loss of those teens over the next 100 years will lead to a loss of hundreds, if not thousands, of additional native, Christian Norwegians. Attacking a leftist government I can fathom - but slaughtering the very people he was trying to nurture and protect, I just cannot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Things never change.
No, the lefties point out his rightist leanings and Rightists proclaim: " I like him already...

Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,033,195 times
Have the tea partiers come up with a conspiracy yet?
False Flag
Aliens
etc
This guy seems to have Tea Party Supporter written all over.
The FBI and DHS has been warning about these extreme right types for a while.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM

1,123 posts, read 779,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
While issues like immigration and multiculturalism are issues worth discussing, especially the onslaught on muslims on europe which should terrify anyone with all their sharia law and flip outs over cartoons, his choice to shoot a bunch of children, I don't really see what he was thinking how that would further his aims.....

Usually it starts with a concern of some sort that is not addressed and then some wacko decides to take it further. I think because everything is so politically correct they are not debating and addressing these issues as they should and if they don't it will end up like World War 2 and the aftermath, which was the largest mass exodus in recent times of rearranging cultural groups as agreed by the allies to reduce multicultural issues and prevent conflict.
Read his manifesto.

He explains this in enormous detail, that the cultural left running the media, universities and other places that overall, manage to control the flow of conversation and prevent a discussion of issues like muslim immigration - or as he states, declares anyone who raises it as "racist," xenophobic," etc.

Since he feels the "cultural marxists", as he calls the liberal elite in these areas prevents the general populace from conducting a rational, fact-based conversation about issues like muslim immigration, he felt that this attack was the only way in which to grab people's attention and start the dialogue.

Look at the personal slurs and attacks on people like Geert Wilders, who is hardly extreme, but has been viciously attacked both personally and legally by the cultural liberal elite, both in his native country and all over europe.

As Brevik said, you cannot even raise the issue without the cultural marxist machinery striking you with full force. For example, look at the arab terror apologists on this forum, or the comments section on newspapers like the Guardian and haaretz. Those who do not believe that there is an organized leftist machine operating and partially funded by trash like george soros are the ostrich with its head in the sand in the video Brevik placed on the web...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies