Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Um if this country had any sense it wouldn't bother censoring the bible it would just toss that old hateful rag in the trash and not give anyone who references it the time of day as if they're crazy people. Oh wait its happening already
I think it is too bad that you won't probably live long enough to see that exercise take place.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:54 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,913,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Atheists just don't seem to be very tolerant.
I would be willing to guess that most people are tolerant of your religion if you don't bother others with it. Same with gays and lesbians. People will be tolerant if others don't constantly wield a sword to their chosen lifestyle.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They can adopt though
Yes, they can adopt..

Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Sounds like you are full of hate.

You should try to be more tolerant.

Pretty lame response. But no, I have no tolerance for mental midgets who use their five times translated, 6 times removed from the original source book of GAWD as justification for restricting how others live their lives. The SAME people who usually sell bags of bullcrap about being "freedom lovin'!"

Nor is tolerance of ignorance something that should be encouraged. It's bad enough the 1st Amendment encourages such behavior, we don't have to actively advocate for same.

Last edited by TriMT7; 07-24-2011 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 02:56 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
There is the word that bothers me, buggers. I heard my sons talking about fudge packing for some time before I finally figured out what they meant but once I did i wondered just how much fun that would be for either participant. Somehow I don't think that thing up there in the sky intended it to be done that way. Yep, i guess one has to be an atheist to be gay and vice versa.
What on earth are you rambling on about? Of course there are gay religious people (signifying that there are 1001 ways to interpret even what the same God supposedly says on a subject), and of course there are bigot atheists. Usually, however, atheists govern their lives based on rational and critical thinking (hence why they are atheists), and the incidence of anti-homosexual or sexual morality crusader opinions is much much less among atheists.

But you bring up a good point... why are so many conservatives so stuck on sex acts? Are your own sex lives and experiences so boring, mundane and provincial that you actually spend time "wondering just how much fun ______ would be"?

If you wonder THAT MUCH, go try it out, see how it feels. Heterosexuals also engage in said practice, while lesbians probably don't. So obviously, it works for some, but not others.

Just as oral sex is not sex "the way the thing in the sky... (which I'm confused about... are you talking the sun? the clouds? what?)" intended use of either mouths or genitalia.... so too with any other sex act in the world.

Nobody concerns themselves with what you and the Mrs. does (shudder at the thought) under the sheets, so don't worry your head about such things.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:57 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Pretty lame response. But no, I have no tolerance for mental midgets who use their five times translated, 6 times removed from the original source book of GAWD as justification for restricting how others live their lives. Nor is tolerance of ignorance something that should be encouraged. It's bad enough the 1st Amendment encourages such behavior, we don't have to actively advocate for same.
It is kind of hard to change someone else's mind to your way of thinking, when you insult their intelligence and their religion in the same sentence.

I never said anything about restricting your life. I just brought to light your 'tolerance'.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times
Default Yes, they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's behavior like this that does not endear anyone who is conservative to any gay cause.

Gay ‘barbarians’ storm Bachmann clinic demanding to be ‘disciplined’ (Video) – LGBTQ Nation

There's video on the link. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Why should anyone take seriously a group like this who uses guerrilla tactics to get their point across. Going into a private business to throw glitter around when they are denied access.

Private clinic, nobody twists anyone's arm to go there for treatment.
No one can "guilt" people into doing what they want more than a Christian, Catholic, Jew or Muslim. Many who were raised religious wants to be a part of their religion so will do anything and everything to "belong", even go for treatment!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM

Default Heteros....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The only time I've ever heard anyone call heterosexuals "breeders" on these forums, was by a few anti-gay heterosexuals themselves saying that marriage should be the domain of the breeders.

And what's wrong with calling someone a right-winger?

Are you saying that calling someone vile, perverted, child molestor etc is on a par with calling someone a right-winger? Hmmm
Are "breeders", and this world that has more than doubled its population in just the last 40 years or so that is a big deal....which is why God has made gay people!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Default Blame God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Please. The VAST majority of people who have issues with homosexuality are the ones who believe that a man in the sky who appeared from nothing and has omnipotent powers spends his days taking tally of who buggers whom.

In a just world, these people would be locked away in asylums for having psychological profiles akin to schizophrenics.

The question becomes: Is it WORTH it to try to make those kind of people "believe" homosexuality if "normal" or "acceptable?" Their "belief" and moral system mirrors that of perpetual children as it is, and they're already becoming increasingly socially and culturally irrelevant as time goes by.
God did it....God is responsible....maybe the right wing religious zealots should take it up with her.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:09 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
There is the word that bothers me, buggers. I heard my sons talking about fudge packing for some time before I finally figured out what they meant but once I did i wondered just how much fun that would be for either participant. Somehow I don't think that thing up there in the sky intended it to be done that way. Yep, i guess one has to be an atheist to be gay and vice versa.
Maybe God shouldn't have put the Male G-spot there then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies