Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
"Is Obama a pathological liar?"

Could be.
The Obama bashers are definitely pathological liars.

Barry can't help it. It is part of his culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 11:15 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
What is your understanding of the Executive Branch of the US government? Let us start there.
Please don't patronize me. His job is not to campaign for entitlement programs to shore up his party's base. I can tell you that.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Please don't patronize me. His job is not to campaign for entitlement programs to shore up his party's base. I can tell you that.
I see two possibilities:
1- You have no clue about how the government system is designed to work in the USA.
2- You would rather lie and mislead to meet political ends.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Wow! What a headline. I guess the press is finally fed up with these lies.

"In the weird world that is Washington, men and women say things daily, hourly, even minutely, that they know deep down are simply not true. Inside the Beltway, we all call those utterances “rhetoric.”

But across the rest of the country, plain ol’ folk call ‘em lies. Bald-faced (even bold-faced) lies. Those folks have a tried-and-true way of determining a lie:

If you know what you’re saying is patently false, then it’s a lie. Simple.
And lately, the president has been lying so much that his pants could burst into flames at any moment."

CURL: Is Obama a pathological liar? - Washington Times
of course he's a liar. And a failure with help from Congress. But then again so was the President before him.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I bet you miss him.
Casper
What's to miss? He's in the middle of his 3rd term right now, in case you had failed to notice. Bill Clinton has been publically handholding and advising Obama. He even takes over press conferences for him.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
I see two possibilities:
1- You have no clue about how the government system is designed to work in the USA.
2- You would rather lie and mislead to meet political ends.
Or perhaps I don't care to have you drive a conversation to show how smart you are. Honestly...I have absolutely no trust in Skippy and the Nitwits to do anything that serves this country. I'm sorry.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Or perhaps I don't care to have you drive a conversation to show how smart you are. Honestly...I have absolutely no trust in Skippy and the Nitwits to do anything that serves this country. I'm sorry.
Your trust doesn't matter. But when you're sharing your "thoughts" on a public forum, you should be prepared to be able to back up your claims instead of seeing "trouble" in your thoughts.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Do you have ANY understanding of how the government works in the USA? Or, are you simply lying to promote your political cause? And such democratic pet projects as road and bridge expansions/constructions in my backyard here in Texas, no?

I will always lose if I try to engage on emotional grounds that happens to be the hallmark of the right wingers. So, allow me to try and push a little harder, asking for logical grounds... somewhere in the middle will work just fine! Thanks in advance.

Now, you say that...
- Obama promised to close Gitmo
- He did not close Gitmo

Hence, according to you, he lied. Okay, do you understand what it would take for a President of the USA to get something he believes in, to fruition? Push personal agenda? He did sign an executive order on Jan 22, 2009, to close Gitmo, didn't he? At that point, the right wingers including you were screaming foul and "dictatorship", weren't you? Or, were you happy that he was trying to keep his promise and that Gitmo should be closed?
LOL - so we're supposed to know how the govt works, but Obama doesn't? OK, he's not a liar. He's dumb as a box of rocks. Better?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Supply the proof, I will try to help put it in the rightful place.

I'll get all my tapes out of the attic sometimes, of promises Obama made, before and after he was elected. I'll let you know, i know this for fact he made plenty, that have not happened. He promised us a bowl of cherries, and thensome, he told many lies, but does this make him a pathological liar, don't think so. I taped him so that we can play him back, and laugh at all his lies of things told to us that would never come to be. I just don't want to see him, or hear him, that is why they are in the attic somewhere.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
To call the Washington Times "a conservative paper," insults conservative papers that present the news but have conservative editorial boards. The Washington Times is a propaganda paper, that slants the news to fit its agenda -- which is what propaganda is.

Likewise, the New York Times is a liberal paper but presents the news in a factual and objective manner but has a liberal editorial board.

The Wall Street Journal used to be a conservative paper whose articles one could trust factual accuracy. Since Murdock bought it, one can no longer trust it the way one used to.

The Washington Times is characterizing differences of opinion as "lies." What undercuts Mr. Boehner's claim that he didn't walk away from negotiations is the fact that he walked away from negotiations.
Did you just say the NYT "presents the news in a factual and objective manner"??? Bwahahahahaha, good one! Have you ever heard the name Jayson Blair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies