Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:04 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,456,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I would have thought the shooter with his ideas of racial purity more reflect the Hitler youth movement than does a camp of youngsters having a camping outing.
And while we are on the subject this teaparty group have some societal purity wishes of their own
Except he is not advocating for racial purity but the end of Muslim immigration to his country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,468,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I have not accused anyone of lying. For that very reason, the rest of your post is worthless.

The fact of the matter is that you, or no one else, can counter my assertion with anything intelligible. If you could, you would.
I did. Fact is, posters like Viking and myself are much more knowledgeable about the topic than you are. You dismiss everything we said on the topic and rather sided with Glenn Beck's ignorant claims.
It was you that did not provide any evidence to back up YOUR claim. I am still waiting for that.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks hear Hitler and go in reflexive outrage mode. Goes to show how effective Hollywood has been in making Hitler some modern day boogeyman.

When I read about this Norwegian political group I too first thought about the Hitler Youth. Than some Norwegians on another thread politely explained that kids in Norway are politically active at young ages and all parties there have such groups.

Maybe Savior and the rest of the American Left can take some cues from their Norwegian counterparts and learn something about polite discussion instead of the character assissination and distortion of facts they are used to deploying.
That is exactly what Beck and some posters here did. They have no respect for Norway and their culture. Glenn Beck had enough time to educate himself on the topic before he made such dishonest comments.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
I have not accused anyone of lying. For that very reason, the rest of your post is worthless.
Yes, you did. I said there is not indoctrination and you come up with this BS.

Quote:
Perhaps the "political youth parties" do more indoctrination than those from Scandinavia would care to admit (counter to the viewpoint posted by PAMKY above).

Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,973,912 times
This is a huge, horrifying event. I cannot imagine the grief. I like Glenn Beck, don't have time to listen to him except occasionally. These comments, though, are indefensible. There should be nothing coming out of anyone's mouth except words of compassion. I was shocked to see this thread and thought, surely, there is more to this. I searched and searched, hoping to find something else that might redeem his comments. Beck really needs to apologize and consider what he is doing. There are just some events that occur that need no words.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,593,473 times
Smile Tea partier Glenn Beck compares Norway victims to Hitler Youth

I listened to a few minutes of Beck's radio show the other day as I drove to work. Apparently, he now has some flunky to agree with everything he blurts out. After about 30 seconds, it felt like my IQ had dropped about 20 points. After about five minutes, I almost didn't know what the steering wheel was for.

It's pretty obvious who his audience is.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I did. Fact is, posters like Viking and myself are much more knowledgeable about the topic than you are. You dismiss everything we said on the topic and rather sided with Glenn Beck's ignorant claims.
It was you that did not provide any evidence to back up YOUR claim. I am still waiting for that.
Go back and read my posts. If you can pull a claim that you feel I should defend, then go for it. All I have asserted is that you and Viking and others would rather turn a blind eye to the apparent indoctrination that may be occurring by giving it the ole "awe shucks, it's normal to have a youth political wing!" treatment. And then when a guy who grew up in that atmosphere comes out and kills 80 people, you're quick to ignore the potential for indoctrination that comes with the system you defend!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:03 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Yes, you did. I said there is not indoctrination and you come up with this BS.
That's part of your problem. Just because **YOU** said there is **NO** indoctrination does not make it fact.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:16 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,903,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Anyone that agrees with Glenn Beck's comments is demonizing those kids. Spin it anyway you want.
LOL...pot....kettle.

The comparison was of the party youth camp and Hitler youth...

Not the youths themselves....

Storm/teacup....leftists fail yet again.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 AM

14,490 posts, read 11,314,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
"There was a shooting at a political camp, which sounds a little like the Hitler youth, or, whatever. I mean, who does a camp for kids that's all about politics. Disturbing,"

In this incident he what he finds disturbing is a camp full of kids. How will apologist spin this? By deflecting and bringing up Democrats?

Glenn Beck hits 'new low'; compares Norway victims to Hitler Youth - latimes.com

Glenn Beck likens Norwegian dead to Hitler youth | Media | The Guardian

Glenn Beck compares Norway shooting victims to Hitler Youth on radio show
When I read about this island "political retreat" I thought the same thing. Very weird. Apparently both parties in Norway do it.

For the record: I think Christian retreats are weird too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies