Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 01:35 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,584 times

Advertisements

humans mostly suck. they're ignorant, mean, selfish, they're at their worst in the workplace where the stupidest get promoted because they 'know someone'. Any little difference between someone causes people to 'other' that group that has that difference. LIfe is so petty, full of menial boring stupid things that unless you're a kid life is only about ten percent fun and 90 percent bullcrap all made because of stupid people who want to make life more complex for greedy or selfish reasons.

I love animals (non human ones since humans are an animal) more than humans. I'm sure animals share some of these qualities but humans take them to an intolerable level. Would the earth be better off without people? maybe some better animal will evolve and grow to dominate the planet that doesn't suck so much. I don't wish any ill will on any particular person, I don't want anyone to suffer, I want others and myself to be happy but actually it's my compassion that makes me notice these things.. it seems like qualities like compassion and actually WANTING others to be happy, not being a harsh ahole or racist, homophobic and not being a bully are the REASONS why humanity sucks so much and religion and politics just make everything worse. MOST people are very hard to like. (by humanity i mean myself as well, i'm sure i share in some of these qualities and don't realize it but sometimes it's just too much.)

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 01:42 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Timothy Treadwell thought he could talk to bears.

We all know how that ended.

Animals have their own moral code, humans reflect the same one in their interactions which you described. Dog eat dog. Survival of the fittest.

You're a cynic. Jaded. Sounds like you need a vacation. Try to surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook on life.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:48 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post

What do you think?
This thread is absurd...

Old 07-27-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Timothy Treadwell thought he could talk to bears.

We all know how that ended.

Animals have their own moral code, humans reflect the same one in their interactions which you described. Dog eat dog. Survival of the fittest.

You're a cynic. Jaded. Sounds like you need a vacation. Try to surround yourself with people who have a positive outlook on life.
I thought humans had this great 'spirituality' about them. I thought we weren't just 'animals' like all the rest but 'more advanced'. having a dog eat dog moral code or survival of the fittest sounds pretty primitive and animalistic too me. I"m a human and it's not MY moral code. sometimes i look forward to the end of life when the whole 'game' is all over.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
This thread is absurd...
Why?

Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
I thought humans had this great 'spirituality' about them. I thought we weren't just 'animals' like all the rest but 'more advanced'. having a dog eat dog moral code or survival of the fittest sounds pretty primitive and animalistic too me. I"m a human and it's not MY moral code. sometimes i look forward to the end of life when the whole 'game' is all over.
You should know that every human doesn't share the opinion that we have a spirit or a soul. We are animals according to taxonomy, we belong to the Animal kingdom.

--->Animalia - Chordata - Mammalia - Primata - Hominidae - Homo - Sapiens.

Do you think the world was better off when dinosaurs ruled the world? Modern humans have only been around for about 400,000 years or so. One of the best lessons anyone can learn is that when you meet someone for the first time you cannot assume they are coming from the same realm of experience as you have. Cut people some slack, don't take yourself too seriously. If you don't expect too much from people you'll never be disappointed.

The greatest mystery of life is death, and nobody ever comes back to tell us how great it is wherever we go when we're done here. So don't rush it. Take it easy. Whatever is going on with your life, the bad times never last forever.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:08 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Such drama. We're an evolutionary experiment like any other. We've adapted to what we are today, for good, for ill or for totally-bat-shyte-crazy. And we're not the only ones. Animals aren't so noble and pure as you may think. They can be cruel. They can be crazy. They can kill for pleasure. They can torture for pleasure. They can abuse their own. Things can go wrong with the wiring; that's just a fact.

Any living thing can be crazy and deemed, by some other species, or even its own species, to be "unworthy" of life. In the final analysis, nobody is worthy of life; life just is. Don't worry, we will be our own evolutionary end, if it comes to that, just as any species has been its own evolutionary end for whatever its reasons.

In the meantime, though I believe in peace, love and happiness (and granola crunching), I don't believe we're either worthy or unworthy of existence; we already exist, it has nothing to do with worth and therefore has no need to be unilaterally punished.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You should know that every human doesn't share the opinion that we have a spirit or a soul. We are animals according to taxonomy, we belong to the Animal kingdom.

--->Animalia - Chordata - Mammalia - Primata - Hominidae - Homo - Sapiens.

Do you think the world was better off when dinosaurs ruled the world? Modern humans have only been around for about 400,000 years or so. One of the best lessons anyone can learn is that when you meet someone for the first time you cannot assume they are coming from the same realm of experience as you have. Cut people some slack, don't take yourself too seriously. If you don't expect too much from people you'll never be disappointed.

The greatest mystery of life is death, and nobody ever comes back to tell us how great it is wherever we go when we're done here. So don't rush it. Take it easy. Whatever is going on with your life, the bad times never last forever.
actually people have come back to tell us and you can read about it at http://www.near-death.com/ it's an awesome site. I know bad times never last but i get the feeling that humanity is in a VERY primitive state compared to where we COULD end up and the answers too things are actually very simple, so simple in fact that it's the reason people don't notice them. People make life complex and actually BLOCK OUT spiritual truth and lives answers. keep in mind by 'spiritual truths' i'm not talking about religion since religion has as little to do with how closely someone is living to spiritual truth as does anything else. Also, life is SERIOUS since everything we do has an impact on everyone else. I believe that if people saw each other and all living things as being the most IMPORTANT THING than we wouldn't have a world where all the ABOVE was mentioned.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
actually people have come back to tell us and you can read about it at neardeathexperiences.com: The Leading Death Site on the Net. it's an awesome site. I know bad times never last but i get the feeling that humanity is in a VERY primitive state compared to where we COULD end up and the answers too things are actually very simple, so simple in fact that it's the reason people don't notice them. People make life complex and actually BLOCK OUT spiritual truth and lives answers. keep in mind by 'spiritual truths' i'm not talking about religion since religion has as little to do with how closely someone is living to spiritual truth as does anything else. Also, life is SERIOUS since everything we do has an impact on everyone else. I believe that if people saw each other and all living things as being the most IMPORTANT THING than we wouldn't have a world where all the ABOVE was mentioned.
Aren't you complicating your own path and your own potential spiritual elevation simply by being on the internet, which is an illusory and intangible thing that nonetheless can artificially enthrall (in the literal meaning of the word, "enslave")?

An unfortunate newsflash: feeling that "something or other" is "wrong with" everybody doesn't elevate you above anybody.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:15 AM

[quote=JerZ;20195606]Aren't you complicating your own path and your own potential spiritual elevation simply by being on the internet, which is an illusory and intangible thing that nonetheless can artificially enthrall (in the literal meaning of the word, "enslave")?

An unfortunate newsflash: feeling that "something or other" is "wrong with" everybody doesn't elevate you above anybody.[/QUO

not saying it does make me 'above'. but at least i care. if people would just CARE that would be enough. I'm not saying that i don't have imperfections and that everyone else shouldn't it's just the strong EGO with most people and the EVIL that comes with PETTY THINGS that bother me. the dog eat dog mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies