Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I thought humans had this great 'spirituality' about them. I thought we weren't just 'animals' like all the rest but 'more advanced'. having a dog eat dog moral code or survival of the fittest sounds pretty primitive and animalistic too me. I"m a human and it's not MY moral code. sometimes i look forward to the end of life when the whole 'game' is all over.

oooohhhh brother have you got it wrong! Spirtuality Like "we are one with the great spirt" Give that crap a break!!! The only thing that sererates us from the lower species is that we don't eat our young and our ability to change..Sooner or later we'll get it together....Look at this country. It went from hunter gatherer tribes who only stayed in one spot untill they had raped it beyond it's ability to support life,go to another spot and kill anyone in your way than wipe that area out to what we are today.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The planet, and nature, is completely indifferent to species inhabiting the surface. Only we, and our dogs, care about our existence.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
all me biased but I prefer mankind stays around because who knows where we will end up. plus it is important to ensure our species survives at all costs..I mean we are only human we have some flaws but we are also pretty awsome the way we have adavanced so fast.
Horizontal gene transfer from "outsiders".

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
that's because bunnies don't have the attitude that you do.
Bunnies allow their weaker children, the ones that don't seem to fit in 100%, to die by refusing to feed them and/or doing nothing while the stronger bunnies push them aside to feed.

As an outcast, did your mother starve you?

Once older, bunnies that don't fit in are shunned and if that doesn't work, they're fought with, bitten, etc. until they either leave or die. Actually, most animals that congregate in a pack (or burrow, etc.) have a similar means of disallowing differences.

I'm not saying this to be mean or to make fun of you. I'm saying it because you're making your own view of humanity worse by comparing said to forms of nature that don't actually exist. No, nature and animals aren't nice, nor pure. They're opportunistic and so are we. That doesn't mean that's all we are.

You're making your own negative view even worse by slanting things in ways that aren't even true. Take another look at the world and stop trying to feel bad.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
http://randomesq.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/linusissmart.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,152,376 times
Quote:
humans mostly suck. they're ignorant, mean, selfish, they're at their worst in the workplace where the stupidest get promoted because they 'know someone'. Any little difference between someone causes people to 'other' that group that has that difference. LIfe is so petty, full of menial boring stupid things that unless you're a kid life is only about ten percent fun and 90 percent bullcrap all made because of stupid people who want to make life more complex for greedy or selfish reasons.

I love animals (non human ones since humans are an animal) more than humans. I'm sure animals share some of these qualities but humans take them to an intolerable level. Would the earth be better off without people? maybe some better animal will evolve and grow to dominate the planet that doesn't suck so much. I don't wish any ill will on any particular person, I don't want anyone to suffer, I want others and myself to be happy but actually it's my compassion that makes me notice these things.. it seems like qualities like compassion and actually WANTING others to be happy, not being a harsh ahole or racist, homophobic and not being a bully are the REASONS why humanity sucks so much and religion and politics just make everything worse. MOST people are very hard to like. (by humanity i mean myself as well, i'm sure i share in some of these qualities and don't realize it but sometimes it's just too much.)

What do you think?
I think you need some meds or counseling for depression. I also think you need to get off these political forums as you can't handle them and take everything to heart. You are making the mistake of reading posts here and thinking this in how most people feel. Its a stupid internet forum that people use to rile each other up.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:18 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Yep the earth would be better off.

It would be inherited by the all the animals that kill each for food, territory and mating. Lest we not forget all animals as well as insects, fungus and bacteria.

'Humans are the most brutal and cruelest of all creatures that inhabit this planet. Humans destroy for stupid objectives. Also, the human species has the most potential, but prefers to wallow in ignorance.
Well known philosophers have said pretty much the same. '

Humans are the kindest of all creatures that inhabit this planet.
They build and construct for unselfish reasons.
humans exercise their potential to supress and eliminate ignorance.

Well known new events have proved as much.....and well known philosophers have said pretty much the same.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
I'm guessing the op is not a social person.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
humans mostly suck. they're ignorant, mean, selfish, they're at their worst in the workplace where the stupidest get promoted because they 'know someone'. Any little difference between someone causes people to 'other' that group that has that difference. LIfe is so petty, full of menial boring stupid things that unless you're a kid life is only about ten percent fun and 90 percent bullcrap all made because of stupid people who want to make life more complex for greedy or selfish reasons.

I love animals (non human ones since humans are an animal) more than humans. I'm sure animals share some of these qualities but humans take them to an intolerable level. Would the earth be better off without people? maybe some better animal will evolve and grow to dominate the planet that doesn't suck so much. I don't wish any ill will on any particular person, I don't want anyone to suffer, I want others and myself to be happy but actually it's my compassion that makes me notice these things.. it seems like qualities like compassion and actually WANTING others to be happy, not being a harsh ahole or racist, homophobic and not being a bully are the REASONS why humanity sucks so much and religion and politics just make everything worse. MOST people are very hard to like. (by humanity i mean myself as well, i'm sure i share in some of these qualities and don't realize it but sometimes it's just too much.)

What do you think?
I guess if you got your wish we'd never know now would we?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Horizontal gene transfer from "outsiders".
no the Op said 'Humans are the most brutal and cruelest of all creatures that inhabit this planet. "
our early primative off-shoots competed for the same resources as us Homo Sapians and my guess is we killed them off since it makes the most sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies