Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
No, actually i work two jobs at over fifty hours a week and have two bachelors degrees all paid for by myself and i live on my own and take care of my own finances. you're an example of what i'm talking about. These are very serious questions and issues that go to the core of what it means to be human and you just insult because you're 'one of those' that i was talking about.

Hey, RLarson,

I made my snide remark before you explained your plight.

I'm used to hearing all kinds of things on City Data. You know ... minnows before people, etc.

OK, you're legit. But, don't go off the deep end.

I recently got laid off from my job. I worked in a satellite office, the headquarters are in Detroit. 30 of us lost our jobs all at once.

I'm not just trying to get a rise out of you for fun like "makeitagreatday" suggests.

My wife just had surgery, I no longer have an employer contribution for my health insurance, we went onto Cobra. My wife is still covered but I'm not. I'm drawing unemployment, but my payment for health insurance is $550 a month.

At least you're working.

Harsh world. Hmmmm..... I guess it's all in the way you look at things.

Get rid of people? Nah

Take a day and go fishing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 03:51 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
humans mostly suck. they're ignorant, mean, selfish, they're at their worst in the workplace where the stupidest get promoted because they 'know someone'. Any little difference between someone causes people to 'other' that group that has that difference. LIfe is so petty, full of menial boring stupid things that unless you're a kid life is only about ten percent fun and 90 percent bullcrap all made because of stupid people who want to make life more complex for greedy or selfish reasons.

I love animals (non human ones since humans are an animal) more than humans. I'm sure animals share some of these qualities but humans take them to an intolerable level. Would the earth be better off without people? maybe some better animal will evolve and grow to dominate the planet that doesn't suck so much. I don't wish any ill will on any particular person, I don't want anyone to suffer, I want others and myself to be happy but actually it's my compassion that makes me notice these things.. it seems like qualities like compassion and actually WANTING others to be happy, not being a harsh ahole or racist, homophobic and not being a bully are the REASONS why humanity sucks so much and religion and politics just make everything worse. MOST people are very hard to like. (by humanity i mean myself as well, i'm sure i share in some of these qualities and don't realize it but sometimes it's just too much.)

What do you think?
Life does two things.

It consumes and reproduces.

When it runs out of what it can consume it can't _______ anymore...

Life is a big fat capitalist with an insatiable appetite for everything it can find.

And it always ends this way but if you're lucky you'll be able to consume a few more planets before it's all over with.

Merry Christmas!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,575,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Hey, RLarson,

I made my snide remark before you explained your plight.

I'm used to hearing all kinds of things on City Data. You know ... minnows before people, etc.

OK, you're legit. But, don't go off the deep end.

I recently got laid off from my job. I worked in a satellite office, the headquarters are in Detroit. 30 of us lost our jobs all at once.

I'm not just trying to get a rise out of you for fun like "makeitagreatday" suggests.

My wife just had surgery, I no longer have an employer contribution for my health insurance, we went onto Cobra. My wife is still covered but I'm not. I'm drawing unemployment, but my payment for health insurance is $550 a month.

At least you're working.

Harsh world. Hmmmm..... I guess it's all in the way you look at things.

Get rid of people? Nah

Take a day and go fishing.
you're right. I'm very sorry to snap at you. I'm just extremely crabby lately. I should be glad to have jobs but i just don't like the ones i have but it's better than not having money. I hope things turn around for you soon. you seem to have a better attitude than i do! God bless

Old 07-27-2011, 04:00 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
actually people have come back to tell us and you can read about it at Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife it's an awesome site. I know bad times never last but i get the feeling that humanity is in a VERY primitive state compared to where we COULD end up and the answers too things are actually very simple, so simple in fact that it's the reason people don't notice them. People make life complex and actually BLOCK OUT spiritual truth and lives answers. keep in mind by 'spiritual truths' i'm not talking about religion since religion has as little to do with how closely someone is living to spiritual truth as does anything else. Also, life is SERIOUS since everything we do has an impact on everyone else. I believe that if people saw each other and all living things as being the most IMPORTANT THING than we wouldn't have a world where all the ABOVE was mentioned.
Just milliseconds after the big bang there was complete order. In the end will be complete chaos and it only goes in one direction.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:06 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
would the earth be better off if humanity was eradicated?
In so many ways, yes.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:23 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
all me biased but I prefer mankind stays around because who knows where we will end up. plus it is important to ensure our species survives at all costs..I mean we are only human we have some flaws but we are also pretty awsome the way we have adavanced so fast.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:26 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
In so many ways, yes.
really I want us to spread out from earth and colonize another planet atleast mars in the next 200-300 years

Old 07-27-2011, 07:36 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Humans are the most brutal and cruelest of all creatures that inhabit this planet. Humans destroy for stupid objectives. Also, the human species has the most potential, but prefers to wallow in ignorance.
Well known philosophers have said pretty much the same.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Absolutely.
I believe in negative population growth and would, if I ruled the world, take strident measures to ensure no breeding.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
It is OUR PLANET to do with it what we see fit. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies