Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:20 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times

Advertisements

[quote=Rlarson21;20195617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

not saying it does make me 'above'. but at least i care. if people would just CARE that would be enough.
No it wouldn't. It never has been and it never will be. Nothing is that simple. Everybody cares. We just all care about different things. That's nature. Not human nature. Nature, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:21 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,475,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
actually people have come back to tell us and you can read about it at Near-Death Experiences and the Afterlife it's an awesome site. I know bad times never last but i get the feeling that humanity is in a VERY primitive state compared to where we COULD end up and the answers too things are actually very simple, so simple in fact that it's the reason people don't notice them. People make life complex and actually BLOCK OUT spiritual truth and lives answers. keep in mind by 'spiritual truths' i'm not talking about religion since religion has as little to do with how closely someone is living to spiritual truth as does anything else. Also, life is SERIOUS since everything we do has an impact on everyone else. I believe that if people saw each other and all living things as being the most IMPORTANT THING than we wouldn't have a world where all the ABOVE was mentioned.
Self preservation is rule number one for most humans and because people are primarily motivated by their own self interest they may miss and never learn spiritual lessons because they are not motivated to be altruistic.

Spirituality is something an individual has to seek and be enlightened enough to recognize the lessons when they come. Everyone isn't tapped into that level of consciousness. And you have to be more accepting of people who have a different spiritual/life path than you have and understand that their journey is not your journey.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:29 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
humans mostly suck. they're ignorant, mean, selfish, they're at their worst in the workplace where the stupidest get promoted because they 'know someone'. Any little difference between someone causes people to 'other' that group that has that difference. LIfe is so petty, full of menial boring stupid things that unless you're a kid life is only about ten percent fun and 90 percent bullcrap all made because of stupid people who want to make life more complex for greedy or selfish reasons.

I love animals (non human ones since humans are an animal) more than humans. I'm sure animals share some of these qualities but humans take them to an intolerable level. Would the earth be better off without people? maybe some better animal will evolve and grow to dominate the planet that doesn't suck so much. I don't wish any ill will on any particular person, I don't want anyone to suffer, I want others and myself to be happy but actually it's my compassion that makes me notice these things.. it seems like qualities like compassion and actually WANTING others to be happy, not being a harsh ahole or racist, homophobic and not being a bully are the REASONS why humanity sucks so much and religion and politics just make everything worse. MOST people are very hard to like. (by humanity i mean myself as well, i'm sure i share in some of these qualities and don't realize it but sometimes it's just too much.)

What do you think?

I damn near replied to this.

Hey, OP, where do you live? In Mommy's basement?

You need...and I mean need...

Aw forget it.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 AM

464 posts, read 833,603 times
Arrow Don't let the bad bring you down, buddy....

Some people choose to just look the other way because bad things don't bother them then (wrong) but you, I believe, may be giving things out of your control too much attention (noble but determental for your mind and soul over time). Try to affect small changes in your corner of the world for the better from time to time....and don't let the 'bad' bring you down too much.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
OP you may enjoy reading this mans dream and how he achieved it..
The Story of Dick Proenneke and how he built a cabin by hand in the wilderness, DVD and VHS

Old 07-27-2011, 03:16 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,577,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitagreatday View Post
Some people choose to just look the other way because bad things don't bother them then (wrong) but you, I believe, may be giving things out of your control too much attention (noble but determental for your mind and soul over time). Try to affect small changes in your corner of the world for the better from time to time....and don't let the 'bad' bring you down too much.
you're right, i should realize that i can only affect change in regular small ways in MY world, but it's frustrating because so much of what happens to others affects me emotionally sometimes.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I damn near replied to this.

Hey, OP, where do you live? In Mommy's basement?

You need...and I mean need...

Aw forget it.
No, actually i work two jobs at over fifty hours a week and have two bachelors degrees all paid for by myself and i live on my own and take care of my own finances. you're an example of what i'm talking about. These are very serious questions and issues that go to the core of what it means to be human and you just insult because you're 'one of those' that i was talking about.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,783 times
Well, I like doggies and bunnies too.

I like my Mother.

Can't see any reason to make this planet void of humans.

Cue the music.
‪Pink Floyd- Careful With That Axe, Eugene‬‏ - YouTube

Now let not the taxpayer .... or the government be involved in eradicating mankind.

The OP clearly hates people who - um - the OP just hates people. People just don't make the OP's world cushy enough.

Maybe Mommy fixes breakfast for you.

Most of us do it ourselves. A couple of eggs and some bacon. I can't ever remember sniveling.

Democrats have everything going for them, including compassion for those who think that the Earth would be better off without people. By God, Pelosi and Reid will get you more pillows and bike helmets.

Down with People.

Up with Puppies.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:27 AM

464 posts, read 833,603 times
Let the yoopers yack---he's just trying to get a rise out of you for fun.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Well, I like doggies and bunnies too.

I like my Mother.

Can't see any reason to make this planet void of humans.

Cue the music.
‪Pink Floyd- Careful With That Axe, Eugene‬‏ - YouTube

Now let not the taxpayer .... or the government be involved in eradicating mankind.

The OP clearly hates people who - um - the OP just hates people. People just don't make the OP's world cushy enough.

Maybe Mommy fixes breakfast for you.

Most of us do it ourselves. A couple of eggs and some bacon. I can't ever remember sniveling.

Democrats have everything going for them, including compassion for those who think that the Earth would be better off without people. By God, Pelosi and Reid will get you more pillows and bike helmets.

Down with People.

Up with Puppies.
that's because bunnies don't have the attitude that you do. and i make my own breakfast and pay my own bills and have since in was a teenager. again insulting someone who's asking a very serious question the cuts to the core of what spirituality means shows that you're one of the people i was talking about it. perhaps seeing yourself reflected in my statement hurts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies