Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Whats sad is that there was a need for a civil rights act in the first place. Political philosophies always look good on paper until you actually try to implement them in the real world. They seem to not account for that "wild card" called human nature.
But it was laws that made the Blacks "property" to begin with.
Think about that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 02:50 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Join a group, get special protection.

Tony Soprano couldn't have come up with a better idea.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,259 times
I'm tired of this. Black people we need to get out of the way of the right wings push for this kind of stuff.....before anyone goes crazy this is why,they are doing much more damage hiding and conducting gorilla warfare. We need to show our pants on the ground youth like stupid tooth lil wayne the true face of the American right. They need to wake up and get a dose of reality. Then they will no longer be able to run around like fools. Just like hitler's stupid race war helped push the civil rights era of the 60's this will allow the right to mistakenly push a new generation into stronger more reliable men. Let them have their soooo sought after right to call you a N&*^% and tell you to leave their store. We actually need this.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Think about that one.
Hence political philosophies and trying to implement them in the real world with people.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM

45,244 posts, read 26,477,444 times
All individuals are born with the same rights.
Like it always does,the state picks and chooses favorites.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
The Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination, it doesn't favor groups within classes.
I sure hope I don't have to serve Lutherans when they come to my place of business.

That would make me their slave.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,724 times
Quote:
Think about that one.
Was there a law that said it was legal? Or was it just an accepted practice for which there was no law making it illegal?

I just ask, because are legal system traditionally doesn't allow things to be legal, rather, everything is legal, except for that which is made illegal.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
All individuals are born with the same rights.
Like it always does,the state picks and chooses favorites.
If we are talking about human rights, I couldn't agree with you more, but there are slew of rights which do not derive from any "natural laws". Those are granted by society. I say this because I think that in these discussions all rights are considered equal, they are not. Some rights are superior to others.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,998,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I'm tired of this. Black people we need to get out of the way of the right wings push for this kind of stuff.....before anyone goes crazy this is why,they are doing much more damage hiding and conducting gorilla warfare. We need to show our pants on the ground youth like stupid tooth lil wayne the true face of the American right. They need to wake up and get a dose of reality. Then they will no longer be able to run around like fools. Just like hitler's stupid race war helped push the civil rights era of the 60's this will allow the right to mistakenly push a new generation into stronger more reliable men. Let them have their soooo sought after right to call you a N&*^% and tell you to leave their store. We actually need this.

I would imagine that in most cases in 2011 if a store owner did as you said he wouldn't be in business very long! I certainly wouldn't patronize his location! If he's stupid enough to be a bigot, let him suffer the fall out!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:04 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Think about that one.
Consensual slavery has always been a right protected by the Constitution.

To work for most Corporations, you must agree to assign any patentable innovation that may come out of your brain to the Corporation.

You agree, your hired.

See? It is all voluntary.

No force required here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies