Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well one thing is for sure. They would not be well funded or well covered by the media. Neither Wall Street or MSM like these guys.
Which always comes down to the bottom line...Campaign Finance Reform...which will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 10:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Which always comes down to the bottom line...Campaign Finance Reform...which will never happen.
Never say never. We need a good scandal to make it happen.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:58 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
They both want to eliminate the Fed. Kucinich believes and quotes the Constitution that we should be printing our own money and not giving that job to a quasi private bank. He simply does not trust the fed and the banksters. Hard to argue with that. Lincoln had the same idea. Not to bad of a President.
That is THE issue of our lifetime, breaking the control of the banks changes everything else. Have you watched the Secret of Oz?

Even though I am closer to Ron Paul, I found out one of my favorite economists is Kucinichs economic adviser, Dr. Michael Hudson. He is a big advocate of the Georgist Model of taxation and a proponent of debt free currency.

If we had a single tax on government granted privilege we could give citizen dividends that could be used to fund the other items Kucinich calls for.

Here is a great site with an interview of Hudson.

The Michael Hudson Series - Part 4 Economic Rent | Renegade Economist

Old 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Never say never. We need a good scandal to make it happen.
Jack Abramoff not enough of a scandal? The entire idea of pouring money into Congress and campaigns is akin to bribery and that in and of itself scandalous.

Lobbyists swarm capitol to influence health reform
Tally of 4525 Means Eight Lobbyists for Each Member of Congress
Lobbyists swarm capitol to influence health reform | iWatch News

Financial Lobbyists: Five for Every Member of Congress
Financial Lobbyists: Five for Every Member of Congress | Common Dreams

An Army of Lobbyists Readies
for Battle on the Climate Bill

An Army of Lobbyists Readies for Battle on the Climate Bill by Marianne Lavelle: Yale Environment 360

Old 07-28-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
They both want to eliminate the Fed. Kucinich believes and quotes the Constitution that we should be printing our own money and not giving that job to a quasi private bank. He simply does not trust the fed and the banksters. Hard to argue with that. Lincoln had the same idea. Not to bad of a President.
Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts

The first ever GAO(Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson Amendment to the Dodd-Frank bill, which passed last year. Jim DeMint, a Republican Senator, and Bernie Sanders, an independent Senator, led the charge for a Federal Reserve audit in the Senate, but watered down the original language of the house bill(HR1207), so that a complete audit would not be carried out. Ben Bernanke(pictured to the left), Alan Greenspan, and various other bankers vehemently opposed the audit and lied to Congress about the effects an audit would have on markets. Nevertheless, the results of the first audit in the Federal Reserve’s nearly 100 year history were posted on Senator Sander’s webpage earlier this morning.
Audit of the Federal Reserve Reveals $16 Trillion in Secret Bailouts | Unelected.org

Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Jack Abramoff not enough of a scandal? The entire idea of pouring money into Congress and campaigns is akin to bribery and that in and of itself scandalous.

Lobbyists swarm capitol to influence health reform
Tally of 4525 Means Eight Lobbyists for Each Member of Congress
Lobbyists swarm capitol to influence health reform | iWatch News

Financial Lobbyists: Five for Every Member of Congress
Financial Lobbyists: Five for Every Member of Congress | Common Dreams

An Army of Lobbyists Readies
for Battle on the Climate Bill
An Army of Lobbyists Readies for Battle on the Climate Bill by Marianne Lavelle: Yale Environment 360
You would think that would be enough. Apparently not.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:23 AM

301 posts, read 1,327,393 times
From a Canadians' point of view, D.K. is a real gem of a politician. D.K. is a prime example of someone that America needs to get behind to make things right. So often voters (Canadians, Americans, whoever....) complain that all politicians are bums and that no one who gets elected will make a difference. I say that's BS! America got's the real deal with D.K., and when I say the "real deal", I'm talking someone who will actually kickstart legislation that will help America.

I urge every American who wants to see real change for the better call or e-mail D.K.'s office and encourage him to run against O.B. for the Democratic nomination.

Last edited by eastwestman; 07-29-2011 at 11:34 AM..

Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Quote:
How many candidates tell you exactly what they believe and where they stand on every single issue and then give details? Not many. Other than Paul, I can't think of any.
Well, Kucinich is quite the little soldier.......I give the guy credit for that. Ron Paul, I wish he would have stayed out of this next presidential election.......that way Rand would have run.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:12 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
  • Dennis Kucinich. Compare Obama to Kucinich. It is pretty obvious that Obama is more toward the Center.
I agree with Kucinich on almost every point. He would be an excellent president, and he has a smoking hot wife
This is a real liberal

Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'd like to see him be Ron Paul's VP
I'd like him to run against Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies