Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 03:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,345,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I read it.

I see you don't have a link to a NYT headline referring to the gunman as a "Christian".
I just posted about 6 of their headlines directly to you so you could see them. I wouldn't have wasted time with many people but I do think you will read the article I found them in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 03:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,236,716 times
Ann Coulter's article was about the New York Times and their biased reporting, a fact that appears lost on the lefties here.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,027,789 times
The word "Christian" does not appear in any of those NYT headlines, if that's what they are. I couldn't get my browser to open any of them. They use terms like "fear of Islam", "right-wing" and "anti-Muslim".

Old 07-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
I read the article. And again, I am disgusted by how you Americans are using a terrible event to try to bring each other down for self serving gain. In Norway, everyone, no matter their party or beliefs, are mourning the ones we have lost. No matter this man's beliefs, he is still a demon in our eyes. Our people deserve your respect right now, do not use the deaths and traumatization of our families and friends to gain for yourselves.

And no, Roys, it is not humorous whatsoever. It is insulting and degrading.
I still see Coulter's words as about the NYT and very little about the massacre other than about the killer. I wonder if you really felt the way about the soldiers that were murdered by one of their officers who was a Muslim. The NYT failed to mention that part of the story in all their early day stories. Ms. Coulter was just pointing out the kind of agenda pointed people who print that paper seem to be.

I hope you don't feel any worse about the way those people, especially the young ones, were killed than I do. I still feel really weird when I think about a human being doing what he did and how he did it. Do you know that some people have gone so far as to blame the laws of the United States concerning gun ownership for the whole thing? It will get worse before it gets better as the agenda driven people continue on down their road.

Yes, I feel just as bad as I would have if some American had performed that act on Americans but I know that it would never be that bad here since the police wouldn't take 90 minutes to get there.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The only thing funny about Ann Coulter is the fact that he/she/whatever has an adam's apple the size of an orange...
Which of the left leaning talking point is that one? Maybe number 4?

Where can I get my hands on a published list of those points?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
One person's wit and humor is another person's horrified overreaction. Both sides do it. Get a grip.
I found her 6 pretty good headlines from the al Times and hope they help to make her day.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Because a world without Coulter's vitriol is a world I want to live in?
Would South Africa be a possible place you could avoid her? Don't let the screen door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
I did read the article and I didn't see anything humorous about it. I honestly think there is something wrong with you. I cannot comprehend how someone could find ANY humor in such a horrible situation. The fact that you find enjoyment in others' tragedy makes you no better than the terrorist who did the acts.
I am now an official racist terrorist and unable to read any horror in Coulter's article. I am racist because all Obama supporters call me for that since I didn't vote for him and don't like him now. I am a terrorist because of your words. I will cry all the way to the next post I type.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,147,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I still see Coulter's words as about the NYT and very little about the massacre other than about the killer. I wonder if you really felt the way about the soldiers that were murdered by one of their officers who was a Muslim. The NYT failed to mention that part of the story in all their early day stories. Ms. Coulter was just pointing out the kind of agenda pointed people who print that paper seem to be.

I hope you don't feel any worse about the way those people, especially the young ones, were killed than I do. I still feel really weird when I think about a human being doing what he did and how he did it. Do you know that some people have gone so far as to blame the laws of the United States concerning gun ownership for the whole thing? It will get worse before it gets better as the agenda driven people continue on down their road.

Yes, I feel just as bad as I would have if some American had performed that act on Americans but I know that it would never be that bad here since the police wouldn't take 90 minutes to get there.
Are you KIDDING ME? Have you forgotten about Columbine? Omg, I will pay for you to go and see a psychiatrist. Send me a message if you are interested b/c I'm putting you on ignore after this response. You are a sick, sick individual and I feel terrible for your family. An American terrorist, right here on CD.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
ROB, your link links to the second page of the article. Here's a link that goes to Page 1

The American Spectator : The New York Times Finds Its Poster Boy for Hate
Thanks a bunch. I have been looking too hard for things like that one and think it may be time for me to do some janitoring jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies