Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:56 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,814,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
as Rubio totally, completely destroys Kerry while at the same time boiling the issue right down to the nub.

Points out the hypocrisy of those Tea Party extremists, the democrats, when they voted NO on the debt ceiling in the past.

‪Sen. Rubio: "Save the Whole House or It Will All Burn Down"‬‏ - YouTube

Again, this man...I cannot WAIT to vote for him.

Wonderful!!!

Every voter in America should hear this video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,244,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

If you can't even admit Bush ALSO spent recklessly, than you are seriously in denial . At least the majority of Obama's spending binge has been in the US instead of in Iraq.
Congress has been spending out of control for forty years. If we can't address THAT then why point out the Bush spending?

Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,055,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Its Fred Gwynne's Herman Munster vs Andy Garcia's Vincent Mancini

I mean come on almost 50 percent of the US voted for John Freaking Kerry? Swift boat botox Kerry?

Rubio should be able to get at least 60 percent. The Conservatives need to get their asses cracking on building this cat's reputation.

I hope I am still alive and can vote for Rubio when he runs for President of the US.

I think sanrene has a crush on Rubio.
Oh you bet I do. His looks certainly don't hurt him, but it is really his position on the issues that excites me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm thinking Ron Paul/Marco Rubio 2012....anyone think that could be an unbeatable combination?
Sorry, but I don't think Ron Paul will not be the GOP nominee. I like his stance on some of the issues, I think he is right on when it comes to the Fed, debt, spending and the limits of the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
One thing is for sure, Marco Rubio will be POTUS within the next 10 years.
Absolutely - 2020 looks about right.

Quote:
We cannot wait for 2016. That is why I think it needs to be Ron Paul/Marco Rubio in 2012. But hey, Rand is growing and has been well schooled. I think we need Ron Paul at the veto pen, the SCOTUS appointments, and to bring our troops home.
From what I've heard, Rubio doesn't seem to be interested in running for POTUS or VP right now, but if they (GOP) can talk him into running for VP with the GOP candidate - Romney or Perry, I can't see them losing in 2012. Two terms and then Rubio runs for POTUS in 2020.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,244,090 times
I particularly enjoyed the part of Kerry asking about compromise and Rubio pointing out the Prez has no plan to compromise.

The Pres has no plan (well, excepting the secret on a blank sheet of paper), the Senate has no plan (they can't even get a vote on one) so what is there to compromise?

There's only two offers on the table and both of those come from the House.

I'm having a tingling of an idea that this could be intentional on behalf of the Senate to discredit the Prez, realizing his non-leadership quality thus leaving him open to a successful primary challenge. I think Charlie Rangel might be a step up.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:01 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
........From what I've heard, Rubio doesn't seem to be interested in running for POTUS or VP right now, but if they (GOP) can talk him into running for VP with the GOP candidate - Romney or Perry, I can't see them losing in 2012. Two terms and then Rubio runs for POTUS in 2020.
Hmmmmmm, so you are just another RINO supporter after all. Perry and Romney are Progressives in pachyderm clothing.

I'm greatly disappointed that you didn't learn anything about what happens in the White House with a RINO like we had with the Bushes (Father & Son) and why we lost in 2008 with the other RINO McCain. Not so much the Constitutional Conservative after all.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,051,647 times
Quote:
Hmmmmmm, so you are just another RINO supporter after all. Perry and Romney are Progressives in pachyderm clothing.

I'm greatly disappointed that you didn't learn anything about what happens in the White House with a RINO like we had with the Bushes (Father & Son) and why we lost in 2008 with the other RINO McCain. Not so much the Constitutional Conservative after all.

Just what do you find "progressive" about Perry?

Old 07-30-2011, 07:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,443,585 times
Rick Perry is not a Progressive.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,800,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
One thing is for sure, Marco Rubio will be POTUS within the next 10 years.
He is the future of the party. Really a compelling character.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,443,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
He is the future of the party. Really a compelling character.
I agree. Marco Rubio will be POTUS one day.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:41 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Just what do you find "progressive" about Perry?
Perry is GW Bush on steroids. He has only moved to the far right in campaign mode, not in practice or in his history.

Have you actually paid attention to his political tactics in Texas? He has a hapbit of making his staff kill Conservative bills he's put forward so he can keep his hands clean and appear to be conservative.

I've posted my objections to him in other threads. Perry is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Seriously, pay attention. He's another globalist picked by Bilderburger(2010), just like Romney. Perry privatized TXU and handed it off to the globalists.

Maybe you forgot he was Al Gore's campaign manager? Yea, every real Conervative was chomping at the bit for that job.

He's been intrumental in the trans-Texas corridor, a significant infra structure requirement for the North American Community (read loss of national sovereignty/North American Union) SPP

Has Perry lived up to his gubanatorial campaign promise to secure the Texas/Mexico border, or has he reneged on that campaign promise? Open Borders man = Progressive, any doubt see above paragraph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies