Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,375,780 times

Advertisements

What was unbelievable that Rubio read some quotes from {D}s speaking out against the debt ceiling and then voting no. Kerry's excuse was that the vote was symbolic because they knew in advance that it would pass. So he admitted that his party was grandstanding with the quotes and their vote was contrary of what they really believe. What a bunch of hypocrites and Kerry proved what is wrong in Washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 07:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
as Rubio totally, completely destroys Kerry while at the same time boiling the issue right down to the nub.

Points out the hypocrisy of those Tea Party extremists, the democrats, when they voted NO on the debt ceiling in the past.

‪Sen. Rubio: "Save the Whole House or It Will All Burn Down"‬‏ - YouTube

Again, this man...I cannot WAIT to vote for him.
Jon Carry just got his butt kicked around the Senate floor by a relative beginner who made an inspiring speech from a piece of paper with notes and didn't have a teleprompter at all.

Carry jumped on the kid and didn't make any sense other than begging to get him to forget what had happened. Carry really wanted to not let Rubio get by with quoting our leaders, Obama, Biden and Reid. He pointed out that their votes were nothing other than symbolic but what were the votes of the Reublicans lately from the House with Reid declaring that anything they sent over would be DOA. Obama had declared that anything they passed that slipped by the Senate had an automatic veto.

Carry better just keep out of things like that one because he helped Rubio look better every time he opened his mouth.

My Congressman, Tim Huelskamp, will no doubt team up with Rubio and some of the other young people to do some real butt kicking in coming days. He speaks very well without reading, also.

It is a shame that Rubio refused to run for President this time. Waiting another 5 1/2 years may be too long.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,026,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perry is GW Bush on steroids. He has only moved to the far right in campaign mode, not in practice or in his history.

Have you actually paid attention to his political tactics in Texas? He has a hapbit of making his staff kill Conservative bills he's put forward so he can keep his hands clean and appear to be conservative.

I've posted my objections to him in other threads. Perry is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Seriously, pay attention. He's another globalist picked by Bilderburger(2010), just like Romney. Perry privatized TXU and handed it off to the globalists.

Maybe you forgot he was Al Gore's campaign manager? Yea, every real Conervative was chomping at the bit for that job.

He's been intrumental in the trans-Texas corridor, a significant infra structure requirement for the North American Community (read loss of national sovereignty/North American Union) SPP

Has Perry lived up to his gubanatorial campaign promise to secure the Texas/Mexico border, or has he reneged on that campaign promise? Open Borders man = Progressive, any doubt see above paragraph.
all of those things that you point out just means that he is a extremely pro-corporation. Texas business wants cheap illegal help, so he lets them come across into the US. He's out to make himself richer by supporting businesses. Same goes for all of the other business deals that he makes. that is pretty much the history of Texas going back for decades.

Perry was Gore campaign manager back in 1988, a time when our state was not so bitterly lopsided and our country not so divided. Gore was more likely to be considered a "conservative" by most voters in those times. Perry represented a conservative district in the Panhandle area. He converted to Republicanism when he figured that he could get ahead faster (which he did).

In social aspects and tact, he is both backwards and regressive.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,428,765 times
Have you actually paid attention to his political tactics in Texas? He has a hapbit of making his staff kill Conservative bills he's put forward so he can keep his hands clean and appear to be conservative.

Do you have some proof to back up your claim that Rick Perry has done this?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:33 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
He lost me at "this issue has been delayed for the last 2 1/2 years." If you can't even admit that our spending went out of control during Bush's presidency, than it proves you are 100% partisian and biased. Also, the major credit rating agencies recommended that the United States abolish the debt ceiling vote requirement.

Spending went out of control when Democrats took over the Congress two and one half years ago.

The last year Republicans controlled the budget (FY 2007), the federal government ran a $151 BN deficit. The very next year Nasty Nancy tripled the deficit ($415 BN). The year after that, Democrats tripled the previously tripled deficit ($1,274 BN) and spending is still increasing with no end in sight.

If it was Bush's fault, why didn't we have trillion dollar deficits when Republicans controlled Congress?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:59 PM

27,219 posts, read 46,821,519 times
Quote:
as Rubio totally, completely destroys Kerry while at the same time boiling the issue right down to the nub.

Points out the hypocrisy of those Tea Party extremists, the democrats, when they voted NO on the debt ceiling in the past.

‪Sen. Rubio: "Save the Whole House or It Will All Burn Down"‬‏ - YouTube

Again, this man...I cannot WAIT to vote for him.
Thanks for posting this. I couldn't rep. You for it...

We hope Perry/Rubio will be the team in the White House next year!!!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
What was unbelievable that Rubio read some quotes from {D}s speaking out against the debt ceiling and then voting no. Kerry's excuse was that the vote was symbolic because they knew in advance that it would pass. So he admitted that his party was grandstanding with the quotes and their vote was contrary of what they really believe. What a bunch of hypocrites and Kerry proved what is wrong in Washington.
But, they are democrats.....they are allowed to play politics. Funny how in the weeks the MSM has been trying to blame it all on the GOP, we haven't heard one little bit about the democrat's prior votes on the DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post

I'm having a tingling of an idea that this could be intentional on behalf of the Senate to discredit the Prez, realizing his non-leadership quality thus leaving him open to a successful primary challenge. I think Charlie Rangel might be a step up.
No, no, no. This was the strategy of obama AND the Senate Dems. Don't put anything on paper, never put forth a plan or budget, let the GOP put their cards and ideas on the table, attack them mercilessly and engage in blatant lies and propaganda. This was the strategy....and we see how well that worked, haven't we?

The GOP is holding strong, obama's poll numbers are sucking wind, even though the media has demonized the GOP/Tea Party day in and day out.

What the media forgets, even in their own polls, which they suppress, is the public SUPPORTS a balanced budge amendment, the public SUPPORTS making big cuts in spending, the public does not want taxes raised.

Quote:
Hmmmmmm, so you are just another RINO supporter after all. Perry and Romney are Progressives in pachyderm clothing.

I'm greatly disappointed that you didn't learn anything about what happens in the White House with a RINO like we had with the Bushes (Father & Son) and why we lost in 2008 with the other RINO McCain. Not so much the Constitutional Conservative after all.
Well, I'm a realist. I like Perry over Romney, I'd prefer Bachmann or Paul, but I don't think they are electable in the general. I agree with Paul on nearly every issue, I want a constitutional conservative in there, but some of the other stuff he has said, especially about the Iraq war, the muslims and 9/11 will do him in.

My first pick was Daniels, I wish to God Rubio would run, but I will support who I think can beat the POgarbage in the WH.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:16 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,992,594 times
Quote:
But, they are democrats.....they are allowed to play politics. Funny how in the weeks the MSM has been trying to blame it all on the GOP, we haven't heard one little bit about the democrat's prior votes on the DC.

No, no, no. This was the strategy of obama AND the Senate Dems. Don't put anything on paper, never put forth a plan or budget, let the GOP put their cards and ideas on the table, attack them mercilessly and engage in blatant lies and propaganda. This was the strategy....and we see how well that worked, haven't we?

The GOP is holding strong, obama's poll numbers are sucking wind, even though the media has demonized the GOP/Tea Party day in and day out.

What the media forgets, even in their own polls, which they suppress, is the public SUPPORTS a balanced budge amendment, the public SUPPORTS making big cuts in spending, the public does not want taxes raised.

Well, I'm a realist. I like Perry over Romney, I'd prefer Bachmann or Paul, but I don't think they are electable in the general. I agree with Paul on nearly every issue, I want a constitutional conservative in there, but some of the other stuff he has said, especially about the Iraq war, the muslims and 9/11 will do him in.

My first pick was Daniels, I wish to God Rubio would run, but I will support who I think can beat the POgarbage in the WH.
RINOs often sell out the Constitution. Sad that you agree with Paul but work to defeat him.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,339,136 times
Quote:
Perry is GW Bush on steroids. He has only moved to the far right in campaign mode, not in practice or in his history.

I've posted my objections to him in other threads. Perry is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Seriously, pay attention. He's another globalist picked by Bilderburger(2010), just like Romney. Perry privatized TXU and handed it off to the globalists.

Maybe you forgot he was Al Gore's campaign manager? Yea, every real Conervative was chomping at the bit for that job.

He's been intrumental in the trans-Texas corridor, a significant infra structure requirement for the North American Community (read loss of national sovereignty/North American Union) SPP

Has Perry lived up to his gubanatorial campaign promise to secure the Texas/Mexico border, or has he reneged on that campaign promise? Open Borders man = Progressive, any doubt see above paragraph.
Thanks for posting this. I really didn't know much about Perry before, but he definitely won't be getting my vote now.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

If you can't even admit Bush ALSO spent recklessly, than you are seriously in denial . At least the majority of Obama's spending binge has been in the US instead of in Iraq.
Once is the limit with you. I let you get by with that left side crap the first time.

Ok, how many budgets have been proposed and voted on in the past 2 1/2 years? Dirty Harry said last spring that they seemed to be getting along pretty well without a budget. Any fool could see why he thought like that since nobody was able to fight him the first 2 years. Now there are young men standing up in both houses and talking about that.

Your thing about Bush doing that very thing was bull and you should know it. At least the Congress was passing budget bills annually as the law calls for. You may not like Bush but then he was doing that stuff legally and the saddest thing about these two posts is that you, like so many from the left, keep saying "They did it so why can't we". Sad as hell but so much what you people want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies