Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,351,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
all of those things that you point out just means that he is a extremely pro-corporation. Texas business wants cheap illegal help, so he lets them come across into the US. He's out to make himself richer by supporting businesses. Same goes for all of the other business deals that he makes. that is pretty much the history of Texas going back for decades.

Perry was Gore campaign manager back in 1988, a time when our state was not so bitterly lopsided and our country not so divided. Gore was more likely to be considered a "conservative" by most voters in those times. Perry represented a conservative district in the Panhandle area. He converted to Republicanism when he figured that he could get ahead faster (which he did).

In social aspects and tact, he is both backwards and regressive.
Well by golly regressive means something almost as much as progressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,041,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
RINOs often sell out the Constitution. Sad that you agree with Paul but work to defeat him.
I will "compromise" for the sake of seeing obama gone. If I thought Paul could win, I'd back him. Most Americans are too dumb to understand the complexities he talks about, especially with the Fed and the democrats will play that up, no doubt about it, they will distort and lie about his positions.

I can just see the ads - Paul blaming the US for 9/11.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:27 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,027,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I will "compromise" for the sake of seeing obama gone. If I thought Paul could win, I'd back him. Most Americans are too dumb to understand the complexities he talks about, especially with the Fed and the democrats will play that up, no doubt about it, they will distort and lie about his positions.
I used to think the way you do and "compromise" too. That is how we ended up with Obama, by putting forward RINO Progressive candidates like McCain & Romney. The GNC is going to distort and lie about the postition of any candidate. FOX News distorts and lies about Paul already. The establishment is threatened. They are threatened because had it not been for Dr. Paul this whole discussion about our nation's debt would not be taking place.

No, it is time to cut out the Progressive cancer for once and for all. Compromising the Constitution by voting for large central government types only enables the globalists. All you are really doing is trading one statist for another. That is no longer acceptable. This country is at the tipping point and even if the next Progressive has an (R) after his/her name it will be as bad as voting for Obama, if not worse. We simply cannot make it another 4 years. We might not survive Obama's next 1.5 yrs.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,059,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

I can just see the ads - Paul blaming the US for 9/11.
Paul would destroy all of these fools in a debate and they know it. He never gets on the tub, MSM, because he makes too much sense and that would put their liberal heroes in a bad light. They will pull all kinds of tricks to try and keep him out of debates but I don't think they'll get away with it this time. His support is growing. If I see on thing it's people are tired of the status quo in DC and its time for a real change not Obama's hope and change. I think a lot of incumbents will be handed their marching papers once again.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:37 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,812,361 times
True liberal Democrats never really compromise. They usually have to be beaten into submission. That has been the RINO's problem for the last 20 years. Liberals call it compromise when they back down. Liberals call it defeat when Conservatives back down. Honestly alot of you conservatives need to understand the battle being waged here. None of those so called Tea Party Candidates were put into office to compromise. That's why the Republicans swept the house in November of 2010. Damn it! fellow Conservatives a line in the sand has got to be drawn some where.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,984,556 times
Rubio rocks. I'd love to see him debate the idiot in the Oval Office. He would totally destroy the TOTUS.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:01 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,563,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If you can't even admit Bush ALSO spent recklessly, than you are seriously in denial . At least the majority of Obama's spending binge has been in the US instead of in Iraq.
How about Afghanistan and all the other countries he wants to drag us into war with? He also admitted his spending binge on stimulus didn't work. Who told him it wouldn't work? Remember?

And yes, Bush spent recklessly but Obama said he knew how to fix it and all he has done is be Bush on steroids.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:06 AM

31,297 posts, read 20,804,498 times
Quote:

If you can't even admit Bush ALSO spent recklessly, than you are seriously in denial . At least the majority of Obama's spending binge has been in the US instead of in Iraq.
You are confusing spending with passing a budget. Two different issues.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,578,230 times
Quote:

IN TWO YEAR OBAMA SPEND WHAT BUSH SPEND IN 8 YEARS, BUT i GUESS THAT MAKES IT OK, LET EVERY PRESIDENT SPEND RECKLESSLY BECAUSE THE PREVIUSE ONE DID!!!!

Old 07-31-2011, 05:50 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,578,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
true liberal democrats never really compromise. They usually have to be beaten into submission. That has been the rino's problem for the last 20 years. Liberals call it compromise when they back down. Liberals call it defeat when conservatives back down. Honestly alot of you conservatives need to understand the battle being waged here. None of those so called tea party candidates were put into office to compromise. That's why the republicans swept the house in november of 2010. Damn it! Fellow conservatives a line in the sand has got to be drawn some where.
you are absolutly right, there was no compromising with obama care none at all! I did not here any calls for compromising from the democrats. What hipocrits this people are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies