Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 03:48 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,871,640 times

Advertisements

The only numbers that seem to matter to politicians are the corporate contributions for their endless election campaigns and the amount of salary those institutions will pay them when they pass back through the revolving door into private sector political careers such as lobbying, running PACs and Super-PACs; or using their political influence on behalf of corporate Boards of Directors that give them a seat in return.

Are Our Politicians Forcing a Revolution? | NEWS JUNKIE POST
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 PM

27,175 posts, read 15,356,275 times
Funny you should post this.

I just posted 10 minutes ago on another thread in response to one that said they are fed up with both sides if they thought that perhaps it was by design.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
I'm sick and tired of revolutionary talk. Can't we just be loyal Americans? Work together to solve our problems in sensible, measured ways?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 PM

216 posts, read 57,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm sick and tired of revolutionary talk. Can't we just be loyal Americans? Work together to solve our problems in sensible, measured ways?
This would be the best thing. The last thing us Brits need to do is invade America to establish the new government. Afterall, the majority of Americans are of british blood.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:58 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,522,728 times
Quote:
well Thomas Jefferson said........

Old 07-30-2011, 04:00 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,311,593 times
Quote:
Obviously based on what's currently going on in Washington D.C. the answer to that question is clearly NO!

One side has clearly been willing to compromise and negotiate.

The other side has clearly said UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE ACCEPT ANY INCREASE IN TAX REVENUE.

The very premise of our form of government is based on NEGOTIATION AND COMPROMISE to reach an agreement.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig29 View Post
This would be the best thing. The last thing us Brits need to do is invade America to establish the new government. Afterall, the majority of Americans are of british blood.
Yeah, Craig.. we're of Irish, Scots-Irish and lowborn rabble British blood. We didn't like the Empire much.. that's how we ended up on this side of the pond. Go ahead and invade us.. it would take a few days (if not hours) for us to kick you back where you belong, and it might remind us who we are as a united people for a change.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:02 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times
I do believe a small faction of the Republican party is hoping for a civil uprising.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:03 PM

216 posts, read 57,630 times
Quote:
Yeah, Craig.. we're of Irish, Scots-Irish and lowborn rabble British blood. We didn't like the Empire much.. that's how we ended up on this side of the pond. Go ahead and invade us.. it would take a few days (if not hours) for us to kick you back where you belong, and it might remind us who we are as a united people for a change.
You misread my post. I was talking about a British invasion to establish the new American government DURING your second civil war. While your busy fighting each other, we help piece things together. And then, if your lucky, we would give you back full control, just like before.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Obviously based on what's currently going on in Washington D.C. the answer to that question is clearly NO!

One side has clearly been willing to compromise and negotiate.

The other side has clearly said UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE ACCEPT ANY INCREASE IN TAX REVENUE.

The very premise of our form of government is based on NEGOTIATION AND COMPROMISE to reach an agreement.
I'm sick of the Bags too, Jazzy. Their revolutionary talk has really grated on my ears. They act in the same anti-democratic ways that all revolutionaries do. Since they feel they are taxed enough already, under the lowest tax rates in our history, I suggest they find a nation that they can afford. This one is obviously too expensive for them. They need to shop around for a nation with a scaled down infrastructure and social net since they aren't willing to pay their fair share to maintain ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies