Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,773,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Sure, one instance of an incompetent doctor leaving a sponge in a patient is one too many. One instance of an teacher having sex with a student is one too many.

That's all well and good, but cops are humans, and last time I checked, humans are rather unreliable creatures. So crap is always going to happen. There are over 800,000 cops in the U.S.

Your analogy is totally flawed. A Dr leaving a sponge in a patient by mistake is not an abuse of power.

Police brutality is abuse of power. Just like child abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Link please. (Waiting to find out that they heard screams inside after being called for a distrubance or something else being dishonestly represented.)

P.S. Read the article posted later and gee....a couple fighting outside tried to scoot inside their apartment when the cops came to see what's up. Seriously, you have a PUBLIC fight and try to run into your own little "diplomatic immunity zone" when they show up. Heck, they didn't even have the door closed and the police are trying to get to the bottom of the situation....

I was right, this is being dishonestly portrayed as if the people were just sitting at home and the police just broke the door down.

No dishonesty at all. The guy said don't come into my house. The cop went in anyway.

Total abuse of power.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:43 PM

954 posts, read 1,282,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your analogy is totally flawed. A Dr leaving a sponge in a patient by mistake is not an abuse of power.

My analogy is simply that bad things happen, despite our efforts to minimize the chance of them happening. I don't see anyone here harping about an epidemic of poorly trained medical personnel causing needless death.

Quote:
No dishonesty at all. The guy said don't come into my house. The cop went in anyway.

Total abuse of power.
It doesn't really matter what the guy said.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,209 times
Quote:
My analogy is simply that bad things happen, despite our efforts to minimize the chance of them happening. I don't see anyone here harping about an epidemic of poorly trained medical personnel causing needless death.
What are you going to say when they come for you?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:

Total abuse of power.
So, if I smack my wife around in front of my house I can quick run into my house and say "go get a warrant". 8 hours later when they find her choked out corpse....lmao.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Quote:

Nope. An incompetant cop not knowing the legal rights of some guy is no different than a doctor getting high on meth and taking off the wrong leg.

Your premise is that all cops are completely competant and knowledgeable about the law. That makes your post moronic.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:37 PM

954 posts, read 1,282,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
What are you going to say when they come for you?
I'm not going to say a thing.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,375,209 times
Quote:
I'm not going to say a thing.
So, your rights means nothing to you?

Have you even viewed and listened to these video's?

I've had three direct contacts in unprovoked incidents involving violence by police in my lifetime. I was the recipient of two, my pastor was beat in the other.

I've also had two incidents of the most shoddy police work in my lifetime.

Every other contact I have had have been fine.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
So, if I smack my wife around in front of my house I can quick run into my house and say "go get a warrant". 8 hours later when they find her choked out corpse....lmao.

LMAO... that's not what happened.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Nope. An incompetant cop not knowing the legal rights of some guy is no different than a doctor getting high on meth and taking off the wrong leg.

Your premise is that all cops are completely competant and knowledgeable about the law. That makes your post moronic.
The cop was not incompetent... he was abusing his power. So that makes your post moronic.

And abuse of power is totally different from errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies