Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
People who are in the wrong always want the ones in the right to 'stop pointing fingers'.
See? You can't stop it either.

This isn't about wrong or right. It's not about left or right. It's about saving this country. I made some valid points above and I notice no one wants to comment on them. No, some would prefer to egg on the bickering.

I'm done, so you can cross me off your bickering list too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post

This isn't about wrong or right. It's not about left or right. It's about saving this country. I made some valid points above and I notice no one wants to comment on them. No, some would prefer to egg on the bickering.

'Bickering' is not an accurate word to describe the intense battle going on over where the country is headed. It's inaccurate to a fantastic degree but is more comfortable than understanding what is really at stake.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Public opinion has shifted in the past year to a demand for a smaller, fiscally responsible government--at least among a significant portion of voters. Even Democrats have responded to this shift in the political winds.

From what I have read, a number of plans have been offered, not necessarily plans that are being given any attention and even people here on CD have made some good suggestions, e.g. cut out foreign aid. There are countless agencies and bureaucracies--even Cabinet departments--that could be eliminated or severely cut back. But the politicians want to scare the public by threatening that Social Security, SSI, veteran benefits, etc. will be the first to fall.

Senator Tom Coburn sent a letter to his senate colleagues with some clear and specific ways to cut $9 trillion from the budget over 10 years. His letter can be read at this link:

9,000,000,000,000 Ways to Balance the Budget - Right Now - Tom Coburn, M.D., United States Senator from Oklahoma

‪Senator Coburn on the Reality of the Debt Situation - July 30, 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Dr. Dr. give me the news, I have a bad case of
loving you. Dr/Senator Coburn, that is

Old 07-31-2011, 10:07 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
Aren't we (or shouldn't we be) beyond petty party bickering at this point? Don't we have bigger fish to fry?
My 'bickering' is not about the budget outcome or which party 'wins' anymore.

No .. My 'bickering' is about little cowardly 'twerps' who sit in their mommy's basement and can't post a full sentence before throwing out an insult!

Quote:
...that makes a lot of sense lol. It seems the tea baggers have weaken their own party's bargaining power.
Like all cowards, they have nothing worthwhile to say and whatever they do say .. they say it behind the cloak of protection, known everywhere as Mommies Basement.

Or clowns like this may actually be those cellar dwellers that we call trolls!

Either way .. they're cowards.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:10 AM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

No .. My 'bickering' is about little cowardly 'twerps' who sit in their mommy's basement and can't post a full sentence before throwing out an insult!

Like all cowards, they have nothing worthwhile to say and whatever they do say .. they say it behind the cloak of protection, known everywhere as Mommies Basement.

The irony in your post is astounding. My guess is it'll be lost on you, but I'm enjoying it. Carry on!

Old 07-31-2011, 10:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:

You know I might have supported your position, had you actually been responded to the OP who started this left, right etc..

Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The downgrade will happen regardless of what plan is passed... that is completely clear, the Credit agencies have said explicitly that the cuts must be extremely deep and 3 Trillion is only halfway decent... and nobody has proposed deeper enough cuts... What amazes me is that SS, Medicare, and Medicaid are the first to be chopped up... There are literally thousands of unnecessary programs that can be stopped or reduced before the other entitlement programs get turned into sushi.... but they are pretty much untouched... I do understand that Medicare, SS, and Medicaid occupies the biggest chunk of our spending, but I rather cut $1 in some nebulous program before I cut $1 in SS, Medicare, and Medicaid... In fact, I don't think its even necessary to cut SS because it is entirely solvent IF the government stops stealing from SS... why are they cutting these programs before the other worthless programs... I just don't get it...
I think this must be the first time that I have agreed with you but I agree 100%.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,762,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post

No big deal, I normally don't reply back to chumps.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
...that makes a lot of sense lol. It seems the tea baggers have weaken their own party's bargaining power.

'Very close' to a debt deal, Senate's top Republican tells CNN - CNN.com
Wrong. Obama offered to cut spending AFTER HE LEFT OFFICE. Do you not understand the difference between now, and then?

These are $3T in cuts NOW, not some imaginary $4T cuts that Obama DIDNT OUTLINE.. Do you not understand the difference between real cuts, and imaginary ones?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
As much as TParty folks hate to pay their bills, the American people hate, even more, being blackmailed. So, we will see how this turns out in the not so long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies