Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:57 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
What do agnostic people advocate?
That you mind your damn business and not try to impose your religious beliefs on other people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
perhaps the decline in population has more to do with people planning their lives and only having children they can afford. always a good idea

Old 07-31-2011, 02:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluck Norris View Post
Save the crap. You don't think we have some sort of vernacular that describes the Eastern Bloc populace? Some of the biggest idiots I know hail from Romania...Poland.....Hungary...Yugoslavia. You think you have some sort of lock on intelligence?

Yeah right. "Bloc Head" fits, trust me. I've worked with these fools for years all over this planet. And they're all the same, no matter where I go.
They make good waiters and waitresses though. God Destin is full of them.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:06 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So you agree that it is American military power that protects Europe, as well as other places like Canada and some East Asian countries like Japan and South Korea.
Ehm - I don't. US bases in Europe are there for the US' convenience, not to stop the 3rd Shock Army from rolling through the Fulda Gap. Current military bases are much more tail than teeth.

Quote:
Western Europe today would be defenseless if faced with a massive Russian invasion from the east.
Please. Russia's GDP can't even match that of Germany, let alone the combined GDP of European NATO members. Russia can't muster the forces for a "massive invasion". Hell, look at the c*ck-up they managed in Georgia - numbers won out in the end, but their military did not have it together at all.

Quote:
They are being silently invaded by Muslims and other illegal immigrants from the Middle East, Africa, and the Balkans.
If you say so.

Quote:
I wonder how Europe remains competitive economically with all that vacation time adn short work weeks, and especially all those anti-business and anti-capitalist laws.
Perhaps those "anti-business and anti-capitalist laws" turned out to not be as "anti" as the propaganda has led you to believe?

Quote:
As a country, however, I don't know how Britain or Germany are able to compete with the US and especially with workaholic places like Japan and China.
Having worked in the US and Germany both, I've noticed that the employer-employee dynamic is very different, with a highly antagonistic attitude in the US and a much heavier emphasis on negotiation in Germany.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:11 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There's a difference between China and the countries of Europe. China historically has been an Atheist country. But for the past 10 years of so, they have let Christian missionaries back into the country and now boasts an 80+ million Christian population and still growing. China is becoming more religious as time goes on while Europe has been anti-religious. And now China is one step away from becoming the world power. The U.S. is following in the Europe's steps and becoming anti-religious and liberal as time goes on and we're an economical mess just like they are. We were propelled to world power status in the 1950s when most of this country was extremely religious. Now look at us. It all correlates. And if you don't believe me, ask the Chinese yourself.

Christianity the reason for West's success, say the Chinese
I fail to see how an economic status of a country has some kind of correlation with religion.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I never understood the cause of the decline of religion in Europe.
People figured out that you can behave decently towards one another without being threatened with eternal damnation. Incidentally, the quoted article was written by an ignorant fool.

Gay marriage leading to population decline? That's weapons-grade stupid.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:15 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
USATODAY.com - Is God dead in Europe?

This is a good and shocking article in USA Today about the decline of religion in Europe and its implications for society as a whole. It also mentions fears that this is also part of the liberals' vision for America. I'm especially shocked about Italy which now has a population growth below replacement level despite the stereotypical large Italian family, same with Spain. In America, our birthrate is really only sustained by illegal immigrants and Section 8 or welfare type people who are having more kids to collect more benefits.

I never understood the cause of the decline of religion in Europe. They mention Poland and the Czech Republic and that makes SOME sense since they were part of the communist bloc in the Cold War where religion was banned, same with the eastern part of Germany. HOwever the decline in Western European coutnries really is inexplicable aside from radical liberal policies and education. Even though Islam seems to be thriving in Britain and France.

Religion requires something of it's peoples.........Hope, faith. These are things seemingly not in abundance with the majority of europeans I've encountered.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:16 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
I fail to see how an economic status of a country has some kind of correlation with religion.
Read the article and the Bible and you'll find out.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Well, the Saudis have been doing quite well for themselves, but I doubt that's a point that the author of the linked article would want you to dwell upon.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:22 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
People figured out that you can behave decently towards one another without being threatened with eternal damnation. Incidentally, the quoted article was written by an ignorant fool.

Gay marriage leading to population decline? That's weapons-grade stupid.
No, it's intelligence. Homosexuality is not natural. If it was, then people who practice it would be able to reproduce. If homosexuality, casual sex, abortion, and all other forms of immorality are rampant and prevalent in a culture or society, then you have a massive population decline. That's a scientific fact. It's of your own stupidity if you deny it. If you don't have a God you answer to, then most of the time you look to science. And if science is telling you and confirming the same thing and you won't listen, your simply deluded and ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies