Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:14 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Are you capable of being mature, or do you actually think calling liberals *******s in every post makes you appear smart?
I don't need to appear smart to anyone, especially ignorant liberals who are insignificant to my life. I'm a hell of a lot more mature than the ******* crew here on CD who refer to me as a tea bagger daily which is a little upsetting because you would think they would start to enjoy getting tea bagged by people who are actually working to keep them safe, fed and housed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
IMO Liberals are a federation of voters who have to align themselves with other voters they may not have a lot in common with in order to achieve their own individual goals. That's why it helps to be tolerant if you are a liberal. An example is Gay and Lesbians will normally vote in the same block with the Black Church.
Have you ever witnessed a tolerant liberal when it comes to someone other than another liberal? Finding a tolerant liberal is like bagging a snipe.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't need to appear smart to anyone, especially ignorant liberals who are insignificant to my life. I'm a hell of a lot more mature than the ******* crew here on CD who refer to me as a tea bagger daily which is a little upsetting because you would think they would start to enjoy getting tea bagged by people who are actually working to keep them safe, fed and housed.
The Tea party members are domestic terrorists, nothing more. They are destroying this country, not improving it. And maybe if you find being associated with them and called a tea bagger offensive, stop calling liberals, ignorant "*******s".

Don't expect anyone to stop calling you a bagger if you continue to insult everyone else you don't like. It works both ways.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Have you ever witnessed a tolerant liberal when it comes to someone other than another liberal? Finding a tolerant liberal is like bagging a snipe.
If that's your opinion, what would possess a liberal to be tolerant of you? You're already convinced of something that is completely incorrect and you expect tolerance in return? Your reality is a direct reflection of what you expect. Changing your expectations would be a wise move.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:36 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Originally Posted by Backspace

Where to begin? You claiming maturity is pretty bold in light of the posts you make. If liberals were insignificant to your life, you wouldn't expend all the energy you do posting horrible things about them and you wouldn't resort to constant name-calling. You claim you are being attacked daily when it's not you that's being attacked, it's your opinions which are not based in reality. Why are you taking things personally instead of understanding the intent of what's being written? Why are you NOT listening to others' advice? Hint: here's where that maturity would come in handy.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The Tea party members are domestic terrorists, nothing more. They are destroying this country, not improving it. And maybe if you find being associated with them and called a tea bagger offensive, stop calling liberals, ignorant "*******s".

Don't expect anyone to stop calling you a bagger if you continue to insult everyone else you don't like. It works both ways.
I don't plan on stopping anything that seems to upset liberals and I have no problem being a proverbial tea bagger when the tea bagees are people I despise. I assume all of the ignorant *******s will get tired of getting tea bagged, well most of them.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
ARE THEY REALLY opposite from conservative?
The differences are very easy.

You have a ship that is sinking and the 100 people on it will die.

There is one life-raft that holds 8 people.

The Conservatives will choose 8 people based on merit, load them on the life-raft and it will float away and those 8 people will live.

The Liberal will try to cram all 100 people onto the life-raft, the life-raft will capsize and all 100 people will die drowning, and so there are no survivors.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I don't think they would choose merit... I think they would be compassionate and load women and children first on a first come first serve basis (since it is 8 adults, they would be smart and double the number of kids so that it gets to 8).... the liberals would sneak on and sail away with 3 people in an 8 person boat...

Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
They are the Liberalis.

‪We Dont Need No Stinkin Badges!‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-31-2011, 07:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The differences are very easy.

You have a ship that is sinking and the 100 people on it will die.

There is one life-raft that holds 8 people.

The Conservatives will choose 8 people based on merit, load them on the life-raft and it will float away and those 8 people will live.

The Liberal will try to cram all 100 people onto the life-raft, the life-raft will capsize and all 100 people will die drowning, and so there are no survivors.
In other words, Conservatives = the Titanic. Put the richest, most uppity people on the rafts, and make sure there is plenty of room so those people can be comfortable, and let the other 1500 go down with the ship because they are poor and simple.

Got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies