Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The Tea Party is made up of whites, capitalists and patriots. Three things liberals loathe.

Nice race card, there!

Constitutional Conservatives, are of many colors. The Tea Party is one big melting pot, where everyone is equal based on their character, not who they know.

Before MLK was thrown in a Birmingham jail, there were no black Democrats, in the party of the KKK. MLK made a deal with the devil.

The enemy of my friend, is my friend. Now they are thrown under the bus and are controlled more now, than before the civil rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:34 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
We're not "freaked out" We simply bitchslap their stupidity

Old 08-01-2011, 08:37 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
The tea baggers wanted America to go into default. They think it's ok to go around shooting people if you lose an election. They are very dangerous people

Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
The dislike or outright fear of the Tea Party by those on the left is largely how the TP is portrayed by the media. Racist signs make up an absolute tiny fraction of Tea Party attendees (and some have been caught being TP crashers), but when they're circulated on TV, the Internet and talked about by Maher, Behar and Maddow they're presented as representative of the average Tea Party member rather than the fringe that they actually are.

It's portrayed as being a strictly white movement, which furthers the accusations that it's racist. However it's no more 'white' than Jon Stewart's TP-mocking "Rally to Restore Sanity" or most other rallies for Liberal causes. Apparently white is only bad when it's a conservative message.

The core message of the Tea Party is fiscal responsibility and adherence to the Constitution and somehow that's been twisted into a platform of racism and hatred of the poor by those who want to continue down the path of eroding freedoms and out-of-control spending. The message is coming across pretty clearly to those who aren't paying close attention -- my elderly mother-in-law hates the Tea Party because she's convinced they're trying to eliminate her Social Security and Medicare.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:40 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Another fantasy thread pulled out of a poster's posterior.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The Tea Party caucus are the only part of our federal government who actually take their Constitutional responsibilities seriously.
Probably because they don't like people of low intelligence having more power over the political system. I'm not on the left, but in a nutshell, that's pretty much it for me. That and they're largely hypocrites.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The way the left and some establishment republicans react to the Tea Party, it's almost like a Catholic Priest throwing Holy Water on a demon.

The Tea Party caucus are the only part of our federal government who actually take their Constitutional responsibilities seriously.

I guess most people on the left see this as killing the goose that lays their golden eggs.

The less power the government has, the less control they have over our populace.

It scares the hell out of them.
I tend to see the Tea Party as class warfare for old people. It is the "55 and over caucus," for conservatives. Their ideology is embodied by Eric Cantor's proposal to reform medicare -- to keep it generous for anyone 55 and over, and kill it for anyone younger than that. If I had to sum up the Tea Party in one image, it would be a 65 year old fat white guy holding a sign saying: "Keep your government hands off my medicare."

I don't see them as "constitutional" or "fiscally conservative," because of their unwillingness to make cuts to their own benefits.

Last edited by le roi; 08-01-2011 at 08:52 AM..

Old 08-01-2011, 08:45 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
The tea baggers wanted America to go into default. They think it's ok to go around shooting people if you lose an election. They are very dangerous people
Can you point to one tea party shooting?

Old 08-01-2011, 08:46 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
The Left is "freaked out" by the Tea Party because it stands for fiscal responsibility, living within our means, taming the Beast of Big Government and adherence to constitutional principles.....all things the Left has little regard for. That's why they never miss an opportunity to smear them.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
The Tea Party is made up of whites, capitalists and patriots. Three things liberals loathe.
Bwahahahahahhahahhaha! And you wonder why these type people annoy the rest of us?

This white, capitalist patriot will fight for your right to say things like this, but I'm not impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies