Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 02:42 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
exactly. Its a peasant mentality. In my state it prevails big time. People here feel like they deserve to be paid less and worked more. Treated like the dogs they are. Its real.

when i look at south carolina workers i see a bunch of poorly educated people who are damn lucky to have jobs that pay first-world wages in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
In America the 'working man' is at the bottom of the pecking order. Everybody craps on the 'working man'. The American 'working man' does his most unusual contortions to crap on himself.
America is all capitalism. Capitalism is made to benefit those on the higher rungs. Every once in a while they toss a few crumbs down to the American 'working man'. And the American 'working man' kisses his boss' boots in gratitude.
Yeah, that's how it is... Go panhandle somewhere else if you aren't making ends meet on the corner you're at.

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
The working man is like a plantation slave who hates all of this talk of abolition. If these meddlin' abolitionists have their way, he'll never get to have as many slaves as massa'.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:46 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Nobody, really. Both major parties support Wall Street, which is Public Enemy #1 for the working man.

The working man knows he's getting screwed, he just doesn't know how or why. The Republicans tell him that the problem is the Democrats, that they want to tax him and give all his money to the poor people.

The Democrats tell him that the problem is Republicans, and that he ought to join a union.
Don't kid yourself.

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That old excuse about taxes and the rich is getting tiresome. Don't you know that YOUR party has been in power long enough in the past with full majorities and they didn't even do anything about it? All they had to do is change the tax code. Heck, Obama LET GM skip on billions in taxes through the stimulus.
You obviously did not even read my post. Way to go. So partisan that you missed my point when I said the politicians may or do not care, but the people of the party still do.

And I stand by my comments regarding the PEOPLE of the right, not their leaders, no, the actual voters. They don't give a damn about anyone in this country except themselves - selfish that they are.

I hope my bolding helps your reading comprehension this time around.

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself.
No, he knows it- he's just far too ignorant to put himself on a path that would fix this situation. He listens to Fox News radio on the way home at night in his Dodge pickup, before getting home and watching some more Fox News on the tube. His brain is stuffed full of propaganda from Cato and Heritage and AFP and ATR that he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to what is good for him and his country. He's much more worried about vilifying the opposing party, than he is fixing his own party. It is a shame, that's what i think.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's how it is... Go panhandle somewhere else if you aren't making ends meet on the corner you're at.
Good advice for the American 'working man'...suck it up! Suck it up! And don't forget to be thankful for it!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:48 PM

174 posts, read 117,498 times
Quote:
Certainly not the Progressives OR the unions. If Progressives really cared about the "middle class" working man, then they NEVER would have instituted NAFTA and all the other trade agreements that are designed to take our jobs and money. They also wouldn't have repealed the Glass-Steagall act so lending institutions could use YOUR money to lend out and play the market with leaving you high and dry when they lose it all. If unions really cared about the working man, they wouldn't cry and throw a tantrum when WI makes changes that lets MORE teachers be hired and gives them merit pay. They also wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot and cause their members to lose their jobs because they don't want to share any sacrifices in any concessions. Nope, they will just sit there and watch hundreds if not thousands of their members go jobless.
Get your head out of the FOX hole and get the facts straight. The bill that repealed Glass-Steagall was introduced by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999. The effort to destroy the civil service unions in Wisconsin was planned and paid for by the Koch Brothers. Now what would 2 of the wealthiest men in America have to gain by busting unions and leading the fight to turn corporations into citizens? HMMM? Maybe allowing MORE dollars to successful push the GOP/TP agenda and reduce the dollars available to defend the working man's agenda. DOH!!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:50 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Seems like no one is looking out for the American worker these days. All the tax cuts on the rich over the last decade are not trickling down. Unions are under attack, and we're all supposed to become knowledge professionals. The old guy blue collar mainstays... working at GM, contruction, in the saw mill, etc. are on life support. There is no way that most of our citizens will be engineers, professors,lawyers, doctors, and Wall Street types. So that is not a real solution.

Who really is for the working guy, and what do we do?
Me!
PM/SQA - Project Management/Software Quality Assurance

Old 08-02-2011, 02:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
In America the 'working man' is at the bottom of the pecking order. Everybody craps on the 'working man'. The American 'working man' does his most unusual contortions to crap on himself.
America is all capitalism. Capitalism is made to benefit those on the higher rungs. Every once in a while they toss a few crumbs down to the American 'working man'. And the American 'working man' kisses his boss' boots in gratitude.
Except at election time during campaign stops.
Then the promises come fast and thick.
The working man will get everything he ever wanted..if you only vote "them" into office.

And these suckers fall for it every single time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies