Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Look, Tea Bags have the right to their opinion. They have the right to organize and participate in the political process like everyone else. But come on, seriously guys? You really think you are "cutting edge" because you have stolen the tactics of a guy the Left quit reading 40 years ago? You're the same old tired, cranky, get-off-my-lawn crowd that you always were. OP, in your mind, you are some baffling, mysterious sect that we Left just can't "get". In our minds, you're the same old farts you've always been -- calling for cuts in government spending, but no cuts whatsoever to old folk welfare programs like social security and medicare
Sounds like the view from your side is pretty bleak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 09:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
This cracks me up. The taxed enough already party doesn't need a leader. This is a grassroots movement that is gaining momentum. Why does this movement need someone to stand up and represent? Tea Party supporters will effect change with votes. It's not rocket science.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Progressive are diligently trying to figure out just what this TEA Party thing really is.

It is burning their buns, that they cannot figure it out, who exactly to do battle with.
They are in attack mode like a stirred up fire ant bed, but they have no idea who stepped in it.

They are confused, because there is no one individual to attack. Scattering in all directions and stinging everything in their path, even their own in the process.

Tell us scared and fearful Progressives, who leads the TEA Party?
Who is your next victim to keep you occupied, so you don't see what the other hand is doing, and Conservatives take 2012 in a landslide.
Better hurry, Nov. 2012 is just around the corner.
Seems like some tea drinkers need to get over themselves. I've seen your types all through American history only with different names. Nothing new. And while I follow politics and post on this forum, I have better things to do than spend all day wringing my hands over who your leader is. The Tea party is clearly a populist movement roughly united by ideology, an extreme right wing ideology.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Seems like some tea drinkers need to get over themselves. I've seen your types all through American history only with different names. Nothing new. And while I follow politics and post on this forum, I have better things to do than spend all day wringing my hands over who your leader is. The Tea party is clearly a populist movement roughly united by ideology, an extreme right wing ideology.
The votes will be the telling story.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The votes will be the telling story.
Well, you know what they say about the only poll that counts. We shall see. But Americans, by and large, aren't extremists. We prefer pragmatic people who can work with others. Something the tea party doesn't do so well.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Well, you know what they say about the only poll that counts. We shall see. But Americans, by and large, aren't extremists. We prefer pragmatic people who can work with others. Something the tea party doesn't do so well.
Taxed enough already people aren't extremists either.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:47 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You all flatter yourselves way too much. The Tea Bag party is not mysterious at all... they are the same old collection of worn out Archie Bunker types that have been around since the 60s.
A bunch of high school drop-out, blue collar racists. Yeah, that's the ticket

Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:

Yet, here you are.

Obsession is an addiction.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yet, here you are.

Obsession is an addiction.
Yep that's why I don't spend all day on these forums. Responding to one post is hardly an obsession, BentBow.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Yep that's why I don't spend all day on these forums. Responding to one post is hardly an obsession, BentBow.

From the person with

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies