Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
A belief system, is not a lack of experience. No I don't believe in birth control. When I get married I will have as many babies as I can support. I will be responible enough to be able to do that. Look up natural family planning. It's really very simple.
We all know what natural family planning is. We all know it doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 08:05 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Liberals say the conservatives aren't tolerant, what you are all displaying for me is that you are not just intolerant of teenagers, but especialy teens that don't agree with you. I have been very consistant in my opinions throught this thread. I'm sorry that the brainwashing that the democrats do in the publics school system hasn't had an effect on me. I'm not the only teenager that thinks like this. Most of the teens in my area think just like me. The beauty of living in a America is because I can have my opinion, and post it just like the rest of you, and you can have yours.
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But, honestly, it will likely change as you get older.

And I'm not a liberal or a Democrat.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 12-17-2011 at 08:42 PM..

Old 12-17-2011, 08:06 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
We all know what natural family planning is. We all know it doesn't work.
Maybe it didn't work for you're family, but it worked for mine.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:09 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But, honestly, 10 years from now or even 5 years from now it will likely be very different.

And I'm not a liberal or a Democrat.
Could be. But my opinions coincide with my beliefs, so unless someone converts me(not likely), the chances of that happening are slim.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Sorry for offending anyone on this thread, for being 16 and able to think for myself and have my own opinions. Because they're not your's they're wrong. Let me address some of the people who seem to think that because of my age I must not be able to think. BTW being able to think and have opinions, is not the same as thinking that you know everything.
Katiana, I'm sorry but just because you have daughters, just because you worked in a pediatricians office, doesn't mean that you know what it's like being a teen in this day and age. Just like your parents couldn't possibly understand what was like being a teen in you're time. There is a total difference when you are not the same generation. A teenagers world, in this day and age, is a whole different world than the one you live in.
Liberals say the conservatives aren't tolerant, what you are all displaying for me is that you are not just intolerant of teenagers, but especially teens that don't agree with you. I have been very consistent in my opinions threw out this thread. I'm sorry that the brainwashing that the democrats do in the publics school system hasn't had an effect on me. I'm not the only teenager that thinks like this. Most of the teens in my area think just like me. The beauty of living in a America is because I can have my opinion, and post it just like the rest of you, and you can have yours.
You know all this about me from a few posts? Or are you really a sock puppet for someone else who has been on this board a long time? My friends IRL, the ones that count, would laugh to think of me being called a "liberal".

Quote:
But, but, but, I thought you had a bunch of sisters/friends who got pregnant?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The link is on page 1 of this thread. Did you read the article posted ?
Fair enough. That was a ways back. However, like all such hype, there is a catch:

http://consumerist.com/2007/09/targe...l-program.html

Here's the bad news, those of you who reside in states that prohibit stores from selling prescription drugs as loss leaders are not getting the $9 birth control:

“Laws in Minnesota, Wisconsin and seven other states prevent pharmacies from selling drugs below their true cost. As a result, Wal-Mart will charge more to consumers here for nine of the 24 drugs being added to its generic discount program.

In the case of a generic birth control pill called Tri-Sprintec, two Wal-Mart pharmacies in the Twin Cities on Friday were selling a one-month supply for $26.88.

"We cannot provide the $9 for the three women's health drugs in those states," said Wal-Mart spokeswoman Deisha Galberth, referring to Tri-Sprintec as well as a second birth control drug and a fertility treatment.

So it's only two stores, Wal-Mart and Target, and not in all states. If you have no WM or Target nearby, or if you live in one of the nine states that prohibit discounting drugs below cost, you are SOL.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:04 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson
...I'm sorry that the brainwashing that the democrats do in the publics (sic) school system hasn't had an effect on me. ...
I'm curious about what "brainwashing" you are referring to. I also didn't know that the local school district's curriculum is controlled by Democrats.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:10 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know all this about me from a few posts? Or are you really a sock puppet for someone else who has been on this board a long time? My friends IRL, the ones that count, would laugh to think of me being called a "liberal".

But, but, but, I thought you had a bunch of sisters/friends who got pregnant?
You know the old saying about what you call practicers of the rhythm method/nbc - parents. So I guess it worked?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:44 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
If it's 9 freaking dollars a month for the generic you have absolutely no excuse.
That's irrelevant... the fact is that FREE anything will be taken & utilized more than something you must buy (no matter how minimal the cost). So instead of lecturing people about their poor money management, how about keeping quiet and being grateful these folks are using something. Too easy and logical, I know.

Old 12-17-2011, 10:01 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Sheer luck, which is basically the definition of "natural family planning" - and personally, I'm not about to gamble on luck when it comes to birth control. Condoms and BC pills/shots have a proven effectiveness (when used properly), and have worked just fine for me... to each his/her own, but please educate yourself on the ineffectiveness of the "rhythm method" before using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies