Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times

Advertisements

"Former Democratic congresswoman and observant Catholic Kathy Dahlkemper cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare in 2010 which she now says she regrets...“I would have never voted for the final version of the bill if I expected the Obama Administration to force Catholic hospitals and Catholic Colleges and Universities to pay for contraception,” Dahlkemper said in a press release sent out by Democrats for Life in November."

Dem Rep. Kathy Dahlkemper Says She Regrets Voting for Obamacare | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
"Former Democratic congresswoman and observant Catholic Kathy Dahlkemper cast a crucial vote in favor of Obamacare in 2010 which she now says she regrets...“I would have never voted for the final version of the bill if I expected the Obama Administration to force Catholic hospitals and Catholic Colleges and Universities to pay for contraception,” Dahlkemper said in a press release sent out by Democrats for Life in November."

The vague issues that some feared would result from Obamacare have come to fruition in the form of HHS regulations, it seems.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Sucks to be her doesn't it ?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
I'm sure lots of Democrats "regret" voting for Obamacare because it has turned into a "thorn in my side" electability issue in a nation where the pendulum is swinging back towards conservatism.

Democrats are dropping like flies this election season by not seeking re-election. This is because the electorate is piissed, and because of redistricting.

The writing is on the wall. Either Barack Obama will be unseated in 2012, or he'll be the Lamest Duck In American History with a GOP House and Senate.

That's what Liberals get for ramming shiitty laws down our collective throats.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:21 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:

She trusted the Obamanites to keep their promises???

Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm sure lots of Democrats "regret" voting for Obamacare because it has turned into a "thorn in my side" electability issue in a nation where the pendulum is swinging back towards conservatism.

Democrats are dropping like flies this election season by not seeking re-election. This is because the electorate is piissed, and because of redistricting.

The writing is on the wall. Either Barack Obama will be unseated in 2012, or he'll be the Lamest Duck In American History with a GOP House and Senate.

That's what Liberals get for ramming shiitty laws down our collective throats.
http://plurkfiends.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/92b595a573d25dd5e39a57b5d56d4d03.gif (broken link) Thanks for the comedy, I needed a good laugh

Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:

Anyone who votes "yes" on a bill whose contents won't be known until after you vote for it per the explicit admission of your own party's Speaker of the House has no business saying "gee I didn't know" after the fact.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,408,732 times
funny - plenty people talked about how it was included back at that time. maybe she should have hired better staffers. Funny what politicians say after they are out of office.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:24 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Thanks for the comedy, I needed a good laugh
Feel free to contest anything I said.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 PM

994 posts, read 725,292 times
Quote:

I call malarkey. You don't rise to national office in politics and be in congress in the middle of all the back room deals and strongarm tactics and violations of Senate procedure and go "Oh gee, I never expected anything like this would happen!"

Come on now, Kathy. We didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. We're not that naive and neither are you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies