Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:30 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Independents care more about the economy and their own lives than they do the gays.
We'll see, we're all going to be here in Jan 2013
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Independents care more about the economy and their own lives than they do the gays.
And Independents are probably more intelligent than your right wing Republican who thinks returning to the Bush years and extending tax cuts will somehow improve our economy. Independents want another Clinton not another crazier version of Bush.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:41 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikimoto View Post
According to the libs, any republican is a "nut job" and any dem is brilliant. I don't think things are going to work out for them as they hope. I think 2012 is going to be brutal for the dems and I think most of them know it and are spinning like crazy to try and convince themselves otherwise.
What has happened in formerly blue Wisconsin is a HUGE clue. The libs spent HUGE money there trying to unseat Prosser and trying to flip the State Senate and couldn't do it. Taxpayers have had enough! The era of big government and big government spending is over!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 08:51 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Interesting article. I would say, as an Obama supporter, it provides a view of vulnerabilities. Obama is a smart political customer. I think he will no doubt be taking many of these issues into consideration. I also expect that he is very much tuned in to the independent vote. Hardcore republicans are a lost cause.

I think the article does not paste Obama as a poor candidate/president, so much as point out that the economy largely rules the fate of all presidents. If it stays terrible, he will have a tough sell. And all indications are, it will stay terrible.

If the election were next month, I think he would win handily just because most citizens are so disgusted with the nasty GOP tactics. Once that bad taste fades a bit, and when the economy is the main issue, it does not look flattering. So, if I were a republican, I would counsel my people to not be so obnoxious on the home stretch. The economy will likely be a bigger drag on Obama than they could be.

Personally, I find this sad, because if Obama gets booted, we will go right back to the Bush policies that helped cause all this meltdown. We might get another bubble, but your typical American will keep losing ground.

"Bush policies that caused this meltdown"????????????

How about the "fair housing" policies of the libs that created the mortgate crisis? How about the democratic congress blowing the nation's treasury?

The economy under Bush was fine until the democratic congress gained control. Liberalism has been shown to be an utter disaster when embraced by the political leadership in Washington.

If Obama is re-elected, it is the death of the nation, as it will be difficult to overcome even these four years. Four additional years of Obama will be impossible to overcome.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Obama easily wins reelection

The country is not ready to put in the White House a candidate who represents MORE BUSH. Sorry Pubs, all your rants, misguided dreams, spins, and clueless narrative can't change this reality.

President Obama. He's here thru 2016.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And Independents are probably more intelligent than your right wing Republican who thinks returning to the Bush years and extending tax cuts will somehow improve our economy. Independents want another Clinton not another crazier version of Bush.
You do know that Indies have fled the democrat party? They certainly did in 2010 and hopefully will again bolster the transformational change in America that started in....2010.

He's running out of states...but a year is a long time in politics. His only hope is if the economy improves..and not just a little bit, but based on his job-killing rules, regulations and policies, it's hard to imagine that happening.

http://nationaljournal.com/politics/...0110810?page=1

Quote:
Obama's Path to Reelection Narrows
Analysis of state-by-state approval ratings show president's Electoral College margin closing.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The country is not ready to put in the White House a candidate who represents MORE BUSH. Sorry Pubs, all your rants, misguided dreams, spins, and clueless narrative can't change this reality.

President Obama. He's here thru 2016.
Agreed. The GOP is not running against Obama. It is running against itself. This debt ceiling chaos and the tea party hostage crisis is only proof to that infighting.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You do know that Indies have fled the democrat party? They certainly did in 2010 and hopefully will again bolster the transformational change in America that started in....2010.
In 2010, yes, but this is 2011, Sanrene, the whole country witnessed the insanity of the tea party. Almost like a lesson learned. They will all vote wisely next year. The GOP will be back in 2016, provided they "learn", and you can rejoice

Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And to boot, this piece by the Politico is pretty much the road map the GOP will drive to oust obama.

Well worth the read - they cover pretty much all the bases of where his vulnerabilities lie....all over the place basically.

President Obama's big drags - Jim VandeHei and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

The points:

The obama "malaise", the 2012 map, his legacy (obamacare, stimulus, financial reform - all widely unpopular), Indies and the last wave of the Red Tide that came ashore Nov 2010.

As the headline reads - his DRAGS are huge, self-inflicted wounds the GOP will capitalize on.

We told you the stimulus would fail, we told you obamacare was a disaster...and we were right.
I wish you were correct. Unfortunately, only tax payers worry about runaway government spending. The leeches also vote and will always vote for a big spender.

Check this out;

YouTube - Special Interests...EXPOSED!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
In 2010, yes, but this is 2011, Sanrene, the whole country witnessed the insanity of the tea party. Almost like a lesson learned. They will all vote wisely next year. The GOP will be back in 2016, provided they "learn", and you can rejoice
I'm sorry, but we just had an election in WI, pitting YOUR vision of America against the GOPs. Guess who came out ahead?

You really need to look at the forecasts for the upcoming year.

I think there is NO WAY obama can win if the economy is like it is today or worse.

You also need to listen to the democrat pollster, who are waving the red flag and desperately sounding the alarm bells to the democrats and obama.

Your version of what's going on doesn't even come close to the reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies