Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:49 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,907,141 times

Advertisements

...are going on just to give our military something to do? Does anyone really know why we are still there? The middle east will never have full-scale democracy, not that they want it anyway. The middle east will never be rid of terrorists, not that they want to be rid of them anyway. So what the hell is the objective? Maybe it's time to bring ALL the troops home. For one, our country doesn't have the extra cash to sustain such an expensive hobby.

(And yes, I know we have far fewer troops in Iraq, but until they are ALL home, the war still goes on, IMO.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 05:10 PM

229 posts, read 207,172 times
Bringing them all back would just add to the unemployment sadly. There really isnt a right way to end/continue the war without pissing people off and not creating problems.. So instead of creating new problems I think the government is sticking with current ones by continuing the wars.

I also wonder why we are there still... But nothing the governement does makes sense lol.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:11 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,498,346 times
The troops are protecting our freedoms.

lol

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
Bringing them all back would just add to the unemployment sadly.
What?? Its not like they get home and are out of the service, they weren't drafted sir.

I thought Hope and Change told us they would all be out of there by now? At least thats what he told me anyway....

Old 08-09-2011, 05:41 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,907,141 times
And what would happen if we left the area?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
We're playing out the script that was written back in 2008 -- nothing has changed. If more Americans complained about our policy, our policy might change. However, the last poll I saw showed a full 4 percent of Americans thought the wars were pressing issues. So, we'll just keep doing this until mid 2014. Those of us left in the military are very, very resigned to this. It is what it is.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,469,853 times
Thank God I'm not in charge because I would have blanketed Paw-kee-stawn with bombs by now.

The war would have been over.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:59 PM

923 posts, read 1,431,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
It would simply remain the cesspool that it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
What?? Its not like they get home and are out of the service, they weren't drafted sir.
Many of our returning troops would get early discharges just like they did with the Vietnam war.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitem3 View Post
Many of our returning troops would get early discharges just like they did with the Vietnam war.
Not really. They'd just serve out their contract stateside and then get discharged.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:01 PM

230 posts, read 553,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Not sure what you mean by that, but, who gives a ****? They were cutting each others heads off in the desert long before we got there and they will be doing the same long after we leave. It's their country. Their culture. If it infringes on our freedoms, snuff them out post haste but if they're content with f-ing camels and living in the sand, let them.

Our military policy breeds its own enemy. If we allowed Canada to set up a base in Orlando Fl, to fight the Cubans then when it was over Canada decided not to leave..... Floridians would quickly become "insurgents". Think about it. One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist. I believe our one George Washington was labeled a terrorist at one point.

Let's get our own house in order. Let's live our lives and let others live theirs. If a threat comes our way, lets make them sick of war by fighting it with brutality and precision. Instead, the American military is one of the largest employers in the Iraq right now! We've become part of their economy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies