Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:22 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times

Advertisements

I'm very open and honest about the fact that I believe that the left hates this country and wants to destroy it, and then you whine and complain that we are attacking them and calling them unpatriotic. So, yes, I am calling you unpatriotic, there is no sugar coating that. So let's put that aside and say that I am dead wrong and you are not unpatriotic and do not hate America, well then you tell me who is. Define them and give specific examples and characteristics that make it so. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 09:46 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Oh look, another liberal bashing thread.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:49 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I'm very open and honest about the fact that I believe that the left hates this country and wants to destroy it, and then you whine and complain that we are attacking them and calling them unpatriotic. So, yes, I am calling you unpatriotic, there is no sugar coating that. So let's put that aside and say that I am dead wrong and you are not unpatriotic and do not hate America, well then you tell me who is. Define them and give specific examples and characteristics that make it so. Thanks
The wrong Rev. Wright? and his disciples whomever that might be.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:50 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
I'm on the left. I love the USA. I don't care what you think.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Those who are unamerican are those who rant and rave about how one political side is anti-american because they think their political stance is always correct. They hate the fact they cannot control the country to thier ideals. They try to paint those who do not follow their ideals as unamerican and unpatriotic when in fact it is them who are unamerican. They lie to get people on their side at all costs. Sounds like the GOP doesn't it.

PS. Maybe if you stopped listening to right-wing radio pundants, you would open your eyes to who really hates America.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:56 AM

995 posts, read 1,114,921 times
I find it continually amazing that simply having different or opposing opinions, no matter from right-wing or left-wing, always seems to constitute an attack.

Why should anyone have to justify anything they think or believe in, when the opposing side never bothers to try and understand where they're coming from?
Opposing viewpoints meet, hash out their differences, and then compromise. At least, that's how this country survived and prospered for hundreds of years...until recently.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneWest View Post
I find it continually amazing that simply having different or opposing opinions, no matter from right-wing or left-wing, always seems to constitute an attack.

Why should anyone have to justify anything they think or believe in, when the opposing side never bothers to try and understand where they're coming from?
Opposing viewpoints meet, hash out their differences, and then compromise. At least, that's how this country survived and prospered for hundreds of years...until recently.
That's not how right wing tea party extremists operate. They would rather see the USA fail, than see compromise. Then they have the nerve to say that those with opposing views are un-American. It would be funny if it wasn't such a stupid and dangerous viewpoint.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm on the left. I love the USA. I don't care what you think.
That's fine, but I am specifically asking you who you think is unpatriotic and what that person/groups characteristics are.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
That's fine, but I am specifically asking you who you think is unpatriotic and what that person/groups characteristics are.
Those who were advocating default of the USA are un-American.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Those who are unamerican are those who rant and rave about how one political side is anti-american because they think their political stance is always correct. They hate the fact they cannot control the country to thier ideals. They try to paint those who do not follow their ideals as unamerican and unpatriotic when in fact it is them who are unamerican. They lie to get people on their side at all costs. Sounds like the GOP doesn't it.

PS. Maybe if you stopped listening to right-wing radio pundants, you would open your eyes to who really hates America.
I'm un-American because I believe that Neo Progs are un-American? What exactly do I lie about, btw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies