Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,695,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
That's going to win over a lot of Jewish votes -- word on the street is they're looking to dump Obama.
Jews are among the most liberal ethnic groups in America. They are not voting for Perry massively, not even about 30% of them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 04:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,540,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
She is a joke. I watched her interview with David Gregory on Meet The Press this morning. He had her backed into a corner on some of her hot button issues so badly it was literally cringe inducing. In short, she's better spoken and better educated than Palin, (which is not saying much...Palin's vapidness ranks right up there with the Kardashians or the cast of Jersey Shore), but ultimately Bachmann is just as un-Presidential.

Perry has his own branding issues to contend with...for one he looks and sounds a bit too much like George W. Bush, but he'll be the anti-Romney the Tea Partiers and hard right evangelicals rally around. He comes across as much less of a joke right from the beginning.
OMG LOL, I just watched that interview and thought Bachmann was brilliant. Gregory threw out gotcha questions and she breezed right through them to his consternation. Backed into a corner? Not at all. Go watch it people to see for yourselves. Don't rely on others to spoon feed it to you. Decide for yourselves. I am more likely to vote for her after that interview.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
You would think that after voting GW Bush in twice the America people would have learned a lesson about so-called christians, especially born-again christians. Bush professed to being a born-again christian who spoke to God. Then he attacked an innocent county and killed 500,000 to a million Iraqis and another 5000 Americans in the process. This makes you wonder what it was the Bush heard God say. Now we have another religious loon who openly denies birth control and gays. Bachmann is against government programs and spending unless she is one of those benefitting from those same programs. Bachmann attacks entitlements demonstrating she has no concern or interest in the elderly, disabled, and children of need. It makes me wonder what Bible she is reading.
Well at least she goes to a church that doesn't have a minister that says---"not God bless America----God damn America" like Obama did and since he has been president that is exactly what is happening. America going down the tubes. I think Obama knew exactly what Wright said and agreed wholeheartedly with it.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:05 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,604,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
OMG LOL, I just watched that interview and thought Bachmann was brilliant. Gregory threw out gotcha questions and she breezed right through them to his consternation. Backed into a corner? Not at all. Go watch it people to see for yourselves. Don't rely on others to spoon feed it to you. Decide for yourselves. I am more likely to vote for her after that interview.
Basically you hate gay people and think women are not equal men then? Gotcha. I'm a straight white male and even I think this is repugnant.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And yet neither one would be a Christian by today's standards. They both rejected the Trinity, and Franklin (maybe Adams) rejected Jesus' divinity. The first 5 presidents were all Deistic-Christians. They valued the moral teachings of Christ, but for the most part held no real value to his claims of divinity and salvation.

Signing a treaty with one line referencing God does not mean the signers accepted that line, as it was irrelevant to the purpose of the document.

And it's directly contradicted by the Treaty of Tripoli.
You must live in two dimensions. How else can someone see the founding fathers recite religious precepts and still think they weren't religious?

You must think the founders were crazy or hypocrites. You don't seem to have a high regard for them at all.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Basically you hate gay people and think women are not equal men then? Gotcha. I'm a straight white male and even I think this is repugnant.
No, I don't hate gay people and I secretly know women are superior to men. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Where is the stick out tongue smiley when you need it?

Old 08-14-2011, 05:12 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No, I don't hate gay people and I secretly know women are superior to men. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Where is the stick out tongue smiley when you need it?

Here it is.......

Old 08-14-2011, 05:14 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,910,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
... Let's face it, the majority of people in this country are not well educated or particularly intelligent. That's why they vote for people like _______________ (place name of choice here), based on criteria that not only have nothing to do with one's ability to govern, ...
And we all wonder how Obama got elected .. heh heh

Old 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Perry vs Romney is an unfair matchup.
Perry doesn't have Jesus Jammies to protect him like Romney.
Jesus Jammies??? I think I know what web sites you have been reading. Hateful ones.

Accept it people, most Americans are religious, believe it or not. Politicians who are religious will not turn off the American people, it's just the opposite.

Old 08-14-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Here it is.......
HAHAHAHAHA thank you, I need to put that in my favs. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies